Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 43

to the people that are getting pissed at penelope for making the favorability go down and cant understand anything

shes already had a mental breakdown in her previous life because of the treatment she got for yrs

now her being penelope reminds her so much of how she used to live back in korea where she was mistreated like how penelope was mistreated as well

reynold doesnt know penelopes pov bc he was born in an aristocratic house while penelope was born as a commoner so the wish that penelope made as a child is understandable

right now bc of how reynold is pushing her shes obviously starting to snap bc the way reynold is acting reminds her of her previous brother
calling her a slave and all

the previous and current penelope both have bottles up their feelings for so long so their emotions are a bit unstable and starting to pour

Seriously hate all those people. Can’t believe she needs to have favorability with her terrible siblings. Just seriously nothing redeeming about them at this point. After all those years even if they changed completely it doesn’t erase all these done.

i actually love that for once, the favourability counter dropped. Was wondering if it would ever happen, actually. You see, Penelope isn't perfect and I don't want her to always act the "perfect" route, her dropping the ball occassionally makes her more interesting, and keeps the comic from becoming dull!

@Your_Dino_Overlord It was not insulting at all! Actually you were very polite and sensible in explaining your perspective, thank you very much! Rather, I think I was more insulting and came off as a bit of a know-it-all about problems of abuse (hopefully you’ll forgive me for my expression. I had just submitted an essay this morning so I’m still trying to readjust to a less pompous style of writing).

Just before I noticed your reply, I had read a few other comments, and I realise that I was mainly looking at it from one perspective (that being Penelope’s). You’ve brought up a lot of insightful comments that I hadn’t considered before and have since reflected on. While I still think it is understandable for readers to hate the brothers and that it does not necessarily indicate a wilful ignorance of other perspectives (though in my case, I admit, it certainly did), your points have since massively helped reframe my understanding of the situation currently playing out in the story. Thank you very much!

i want to wrangle that brother's neck holy shit. i get where he comes from bearing that grudge from childhood but i also would have snapped if i were penelope after all the shit she was remembering. i just hope she can have a sincere talk with the duke because everyone just beats around the bush when it comes to nobles speaking to each other

a moment of appreciation for the first panels, they do be looking like siblings though just getting into each other's nerves also Reynold overlooking that immature prayer of her y e s but d a n g that went the wrong ass way when brought up

side note: their family is neutral on the politics so maybe that's one of the reasons why they took her in (they're proven to be prideful so if news spreads about a dukedom losing a child because of a festival, it just wouldn't be a good image for them i mean imagine a dukedom that incompetent lmao) though it has been a while since i've read this but pre-isekai Penelope didn't help the situation and was sadly treated like a piece of trash albeit she was and so is that fucking dukedom.

oooof MAJOR OOOF. Their relationship with each other is so toxic, both sides are hurting each other and Penelope had no one by her side that honestly cared for her and that makes her distrustful of everyone. Really having a love and hate relationship with how the author is writing this out because man it hurts as hell to read it in Penelope's view after all that abuse and neglect, but also pretty realistic in how doing something now is just too little too late for her now.
Though we get to see how Penelope and her family are hurting each other and destroying what little civility, if any really, they had for a while. Reynold still hates her for saying that promise way back when in the attic, but he doesn't see how it's logical for her to wish for that since she was now at least sorta financially secure and food was given, rather than her hoping for the best as an orphan or a street kid.

treated her badly > caught she wished the real princess will never come back > get angry to her

??????

Dex-chan lover
I really want Penelope to just leave. Grab some cash, walk out the front door and just keep walking. Don't turn back. Nothing in this family is worth the shit Penelope goes through.

Fed-Kun's army
Yoooo fuck that guy. What a manchild who never grew up; he's so wrapped up in his own tragedy that he abuses and lashes out to whomever he can victimize; aka. Penelope. I hate people like that; what a fucking hypocrite.

Users who are viewing this thread