Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 44 - [Season 1 End]

I actually want more. I really do love this story way more than I had expected. Why haven't I found this until now?

Reynold, someone who supposedly hates Penelope uncompromisingly (judging by his attitude towards her until now), is suddenly shocked and at a loss...out of compassion, of all things? And Penelope, someone supposedly with a "do whatever it takes to survive" mindset, suddenly completely ignores the favourability drop and goes "I am sick of this"? The whole scene feels like an excuse to wrap the season up. The change itself is not surprising, but the dramatic effect gets ruined by how fast both characters' attitudes do a 180 without working up to such a [drastic] change, it "just happened".

Group Leader
I dfind it really interesting how you could see Reynolds emotions through his favoribility rising and dropping.
It was a 6%, then 3% then 7% then 14%. I find it cool how they paid attention to show how it could drop and then suddenly rise again, it kinda gave me a better sense of the chaos that he was feeling.

Apa

@estelion it's in this chapter. when she says "it was just my wistful thinking. her story wasn't my own" or something along those lines, I took it as she didnt actually make it up out of nowhere. I think it didnt happen to Penelope but it happened to her because of what she said there.

Group Leader
@Apa Yeah, to me that line is just saying that she can't actually know Penelope's past. In the end she isn't really Penelope and she doesn't belong to this world, and that she shouldn't be here.

Not that the stuff she made up had happened to her, and not Penelope.

Group Leader
@Shinra_Banshou you can only take so much abuse in your life. You know why people kill themself. This is the one. When life isn't worth living anymore. Death seem like a much better choice in their head.

Oh, and they didn't change the story or anything. This happened exactly like in novel. It just happened that it end on season 1.

In love with this webtoon I love the dynamic this takes and that she's just so sick of the abuse that she calls Reynold out

You cried. I cried... Most of us readers cried.

I wonder what Penelope's real back story was... I wish they would say it.

This chapter and like two others have made me cry. I hate when I relate to these, but I love the art and story so much.

Group Leader
Why in gods name would they give her a crossbow? That can’t end well. In fact it didn’t end well. That’s why she was banned last time!

I do like that we got some more understanding of Reynold. He framed her because he was mad about her wish. He couldn’t understand what she was so afraid of. And it seems like all the hatred that followed afterwords was because she was framed. Still a bit confused on why the head butler ignored the abuse thrown at her

Yo yo yo I just caught up with this manhwa, so goooood I never thought I like reverse harem this much I usually avoid it at all cost
When will s2 start? Can't waittt
Author is gonna reduce the brothers' scenes? Oh well here so I thought one of them is gonna be the endgame? Guess not eh...

Anyone noticed how her shadow as a child was half of her original self and half Penelope's? It's in the panel she's saying "I'm afraid to go back to the time when I would stare out into the streets". Didn't notice it when reading for the first time, but you can clearly she the difference in the hair and clothing. Basically crying my eyes out again because it's too sad she had to go through all that just to get transmigrated after finally getting away from her terrible family and past...

Users who are viewing this thread