Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
@codydub03 I feel you, the bullying part often seems strange to me, too. But maybe this time there are matters of privilege and status mixed in? Like, a noble can bully another noble (as immoral as it still is), but even then commoners should know their place, because attacks against household are potentially punishable by death.
This way, the servants should still be discreet and keep appearances. Something like that.

Dex-chan lover
@codydub03, @Inori
That explain later

The novel I read is not finished but there more about her life in this house
Later Penelope use a hole in the wall to go outside but she was find out. She obviously have to had a conversation with her father who ask her why she didn't ask for going into the festival. Penelope respond that she never think of him givim her permission since he never let her go out at all. (When she want something, the family summon a merchan, she never left the garden)
Exept if the family is invited by other and only if Penelope name is writing in the invitation, she is allowed to go outside. (only for official trip)
The reason explain is that Penelope didn't have a well behavior enough to let her go outside.

She didn't have any personnal gard too for accompany her outside, and Penelope don't want the family knight because no one like her enough to protect her if she was in danger.
Her father and brother stay speechless while she calmly explain that, and cannot argue either.

As for the reason she live like this
Penelope's soul is cursed to be hated by everone, this curse follow her for her third lifetime.

Sorry for my poor english, it's not my native language

yess, a strategic sister, go show your worth whoo!

thank you for this chapter!

Double-page supporter
Yasss Go Sis! I love this MC, she's shrewd and cynical and has no fucks to give and knows how to turn the tables. Love me a smart and cunning MC

Maybe she's increasing her reputation in the system since the servants now know not to mess with her? Idk tho but serves them right. Why are they even taking part in the bullying + wtf was with the other maid injecting stuff on her??? What were they trying to do??? I do not trust anyone in that household lol

Also on another note: Penelope has not consumed any food (I'm not counting that rotten shit they made her eat) since coming to that world. Our girl is fighting with every handicap there is.

@Kingdo A Third life?

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, entering someone elses room at night without knocking and with the purpose of waking them up is something that you should never do even if you aren't working for that person. I know that human rights don't exist at the moment of the story yet, but these butlers lack some fucking basic human decency. Like Penélope was not human.

So, yeah. Acting like a cold bitch against them is what they fucking deserve. She did get angry but she has reasons.

This has been a delicious meal.

@Raknasuu There are only a few people that are allowed to do that or will do it cause reason and thats A0 your siblings and B) your parents

Fed-Kun's army
@Kingdo Thank you for your explanation! I hope that your spoilers are actual spoilers, because a lot of that would make sense. :) For not being a native speaker you can certainly type it better than most people that use it as their main language.

I wasn't calling you a liar by the way, some people will mark spoiler and just make stuff up that never happen in the manga or light novel just to mess with people.

@Inori I get it. I just find it strange where some maids(commoners) that don't have any authority or "place" are basically putting there life on the line to bully a noble, even if she has been adopted into the family, she's recognized as "Lady" So, it's insane to me.. I'm pretty sure that her brothers and father wouldn't give the servants orders to bully her since they have their pride as nobles. So, for the servants to willingly bully her is kinda nuts.

@Raknasuu I'm pretty sure if he did that to anyone other noble of that house he'd get harshly punished.

Dex-chan lover
So was previous Penelope being injected with a drug that made her get angry or something? or were they just poking her with needles for fun

Dex-chan lover
@codydub03
I'm not offended, don't worry. I remeber a false spoiler in Beware of the vilainess who make uproar in the comment section. 🤣

You can find the novel here if you wanna see yourself ^^
That will confirm the first spoiler

@IndanaBegum
For the second the novel didn't reach this yet. I find it in dig up the comment section of all the chapter, many people say it with more or less precision so I think it's true.
More precison
her soul was cursed her first lifetime, then she reincarned at korean and a third time at Penelope
I didn't see this info many times but her first and third life was in the same world.

Users who are viewing this thread