Villains Are Destined to Die - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
Yuri route seems like the best route so far just from seeing how all characters are asshats so far

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia: It's more likely the reputation refers to a noble's reputation, and not just how much people like her.

Meaning that by acting like how a noble would, even in threats or punishment, she IS increasing her reputation.
After all it's more likely that because her reputation was so low from throwing tantrums before that the maids could harass her and get away with it.

They too have reputations to uphold, if she act like a noble would but they don't treat her appropriately, it's their reputation that will suffer and there's consequence to that especially for such a high ranking house.

@Qelix: Spoiler, duh, so read at your own choice.
Pene (or rather, the MC herself) is cursed to be hated by everyone.
That's why their actions seem so illogical, they aren't acting on logic.

Her actions in this life will weaken the effect, and the people who eventually overcome the curse will have serious moments of "what have I done" self-loathing.
That maid included.

The most thing ı hate is accept or apologize a fault that isn't mine.
İf ı were the villian in this ı would try to kill every one of them maids to nobles burn everything and maybe even attempt to destroy the kingdom cuz' this is not about wheter being innocent or not, people ignore and that's it.

The start was undeniably good but along the way there's just so much complicated plot in this @.@ well at least it explains the isekai and
her going down the villainess route even if she was the "heroine"

At least she got her most powerful cheat skill early, the one to turn off the choices haha

Damn this was a good chapter. Good to see MC throw her weight around considering she is still in fact a noble/superior to the staff.

Thanks for clearing that up @Kingdo! While it doesn't lessen my anger for them, it does kinda make me feel better that we can cross OD-ing from her list of potential death flags ;;;

@Serverclosed yup i think so too at first. But if it happens to you the first thing you will want here is to remove the restraint. Even so i somewhat agree in having the choices off because she have a hard life in the real world and the isekai world why have some freedom speech. but I still agree with you that the way she obtain choices off is way too easy and way too early.

so refreshing to know the main character previous life history. usually the story jumps to the point, but leave the main character identity an unsolved mistery until who knows when

@Inori I think in this case they were being discreet. Because the second brother seemed surprised at the extent of the bullying when he saw her eating moldy food (though I doubt it was from good intentions, more like servants making fun of his noble house is unacceptable). Part of it is that they COULD get away with it since Penelope doesn't have authority, acts like a commoner, throws tantrums, and doesn't have the ear of her father and brothers. Also, as for motivation, I think they were also taking out their resentment on having Penelope replace Yvonne on her, which is awful of course. Plus I wonder if some of the more blackhearted servants took pleasure on abusing a noble, something they couldn't do in any other circumstances due to status. Something like "I'm a commoner and you're a noble but look at what I can do to you still"

Users who are viewing this thread