Vinland Saga

bruh i just spent 9 hours binge reading this manga and damn this shit fire as hell cant wait for the next chapter

Bro when thorfinn had that fight with Garm or whatever his name was, I felt like I witnessed an event scripted by god himself. When thorfinn was thinking about askeladd from the way he did the fight, I felt I could die happy. Thats easily my favorite scene.

this is a great series manga even for me who finds them hard to get into but this is actually really easy to get into by binging and to stay into

I love how the weapons, clothing, and armor depicted in this are pretty realistic for the time period. Most mangas involving either historical Europe or its surrounding countries get this incredibly wrong due to not caring enough to look up the weaponry and clothes of said time period.

+1 for realism

Could do without the modern-day moralizing and politics in it, but it's a manga so it's pretty much guaranteed to be in there. It's pretty hard to find nuanced mangas nowadays that portray the political and cultural sides of the times realistically.

The approach that Yukimura is taking in the current arc is very rich, knowing how rare is for mangas to portray an expedition and the beginning of communication with natives, we will have a new character from some tribe at some point, which is great and brings a third perspective to the story.

Months ago I was confused as to why skipped a trip to this arc, but I remembered: the author just wants thematic consistency on the theme of violence, I can see the possibility of having 3 conflicts, the first would be the tribes themselves having a rivalry among themselves, the second would be Thorfinn's crew against the local tribe and lastly a civil war caused by Eyvar challenging Thorfinn's leadership. Not many people do theories here, but I would like to share my thoughts.

this manga is legendary but has fallen into the opm problem of high quality at the cost of monthly uploads

It's not entirely historical, after all askeladd was just a myth and i dont think thorfinn lost his father and followed him for years out vengence. Altough the foundation and main historical events are historical, it doesn't follow it to its fullest so I think they will survive.

Users who are viewing this thread