๐•๐ญ๐ฎ๐›๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ: ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ, ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ

Dex-chan lover
prbjkz.jpg
I smell a whole lot of failure. Like a lot of failure waiting to happen.

Now, I'm not a business expert. From what I've seen, there are business models that looks amazing in concept/theory, but failed because of poor execution, lack of funding, terrible planning & so on...

This one, however, all I see is failure.

Based on the above statement and tweets/posts from other sites, their plans are:-

1) A Vtuber academy where they teach people how to become new Vtubers. Not a new concept because VTA exists. At least videos of VTA(if not privated) would be on YT.

2) Instead of launching/debuting their 27 talents in Gen 1(which is extremely excessive even for Kurosanji) in an already existing large platform such as YouTube or Twitch, they decide to do it on their own app and other existing smaller platforms.

3) Creating a competitive environment among the talents. As we have seen what happened in Kurosanji, this kind of thing is bad for PR and future applicants. This will only create a toxic environment where the talents could not perform well and creates distrusts among the talents. This will lead to a culture of bullying and abuse.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I smell a whole lot of failure. Like a lot of failure waiting to happen.

Now, I'm not a business expert. From what I've seen, there are business models that looks amazing in concept/theory, but failed because of poor execution, lack of funding, terrible planning & so on...

This one, however, all I see is failure.
asking people to sign up via a Google form to watch is a red flag obviously
They have a proprietary app, the app is ios only
id think anybody would go through these to watch a stream when you've got many established vtubers on yt and twitch.

Dex-chan lover
asking people to sign up via a Google form to watch is a red flag obviously
They have a proprietary app, the app is ios only
id think anybody would go through these to watch a stream when you've got many established vtubers on yt and twitch.
first gen was meant to be 30 but you know stuff happened behind the scenes .this is doomed to fail no doubts

Dex-chan lover
he seems to think that Pekora and "Gawl Gura" founded Hololive
krvhtp.png
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...

The person who made this PP slide clearly does not know the history of VTubers, what made them popular, and also what makes it easier to become a VTuber compared to how it started.

The person who made this PP slide also does not know how marketing works apparently.

Dex-chan lover
Anyone Hear about the Mofongo Boy- Kenji Drama... sigh The Mofongo Boys were goofy, I loved those guys. Hopefully Kami, Phoenixx, Thin and Andy grow on their own. Honestly Kami has little to worry about with his 100k Followers on Twitch. But, Phoenix, Thin and Andy are a lot smaller. I hope they don't give up and keep going.

Dex-chan lover
Anyone Hear about the Mofongo Boy- Kenji Drama... sigh The Mofongo Boys were goofy, I loved those guys. Hopefully Kami, Phoenixx, Thin and Andy grow on their own. Honestly Kami has little to worry about with his 100k Followers on Twitch. But, Phoenix, Thin and Andy are a lot smaller. I hope they don't give up and keep going.
you mean the sayu-kenji doxxing right yes i had added the news.
https://forums.mangadex.org/threads/vtubers-events-news-and-controversies.1619985/post-21156293

Dex-chan lover
Large indie VTuber and composer/vocalist Moon Jelly just released a song in collaboration with musical artist Turbo as an entry for Cosmic Radio 2024, the 2nd year of an annual music competition held by PeroPeroGames of Muse Dash fame. On top of there being prizes for the best rated songs in the form of cash and music equipment, contests like these are regularly scouted by companies developing rhythm games as they look for new music to add to their tracklists
3as7b1.png

https://cosmicradio.peropero.net/pc

Dex-chan lover
Vox's birthday stream ends with an average of 3K CCV, with a very conspicuous spike to 13K for 15 minutes where someone botted him.
It is notable because his last year birthday stream netted him 8K average CCV
2dby6l.png

Dex-chan lover
They basically admitted that they won't really do enough managing for everyone: https://nexas.live/what-is-virtual-talent-academia/

Furthermore, the concept of โ€œAcademiaโ€ within NEXAS embodies our desire to respect the autonomy of our talents. Unlike traditional agencies that dictate a uniform branding strategy, we encourage talents to independently decide their direction and strategy. They are also free to choose their curriculum and other offerings, allowing for a personalized path that respects their individuality and fosters self-directed growth.

Please understand that while we provide an environment for talents to autonomously utilize, with sufficient support systems in place, individualized support for each person will be less. Consider the analogy of universities or high schools; services arenโ€™t equal for all. More diligent students often receive more attention and support from teachers, while those who neglect their studies and attendance might not graduate. While equal opportunities for learning are provided, leveraging them depends on the studentsโ€™ initiative. Similarly, in NEXAS, we actively support those who demonstrate a high level of engagement and ambition. If you want to call it as โ€œfavoritismโ€, it might be true in a sense. But please understand that we will do it more systematically.

Specifically, weโ€™re establishing a system that rewards talents who achieve good results in various NEXAS events and competitions. We aim to create a community where the competitive environment transparently benefits those who excel.

Dex-chan lover
bl8r4f.jpg

i feel sorry for the talents. this is a black company , the vibes are becoming dark
Wow.

One of the 27 talents actually does better PR than the CEO. Maybe there is some hope for this company. Like 0.0000000000000000000000000001% possibility of this venture being successful.

Yeah. I won't get my hopes up for this.

I felt sorry for the talents as well.

o7

Dex-chan lover
Large indie VTuber and composer/vocalist Moon Jelly just released a song in collaboration with musical artist Turbo as an entry for Cosmic Radio 2024, the 2nd year of an annual music competition held by PeroPeroGames of Muse Dash fame. On top of there being prizes for the best rated songs in the form of cash and music equipment, contests like these are regularly scouted by companies developing rhythm games as they look for new music to add to their tracklists
3as7b1.png

https://cosmicradio.peropero.net/pc
Speaking of Muse Dash, it sucks that a lot of Hololive content regarding Muse Dash had to be privated/removed.

Dex-chan lover
A guy is claiming on VirtualYoutubers that he got past screening and made it to the interview stage and talks about what they told him.
nexas is focused on anilive, streaming on other sites is discouraged and you'll be ignored by the company if you do
primary focus is on chatting, the company doesn't want you to do gaming streams
the talent weren't told that the app would be IOS only and only found out today(probably explains lulu suddenly saying she'll edit and post the debuts for everyone who can't watch)
the company pays for the model but thats pretty much it, everything else your on your own besides some self-help resources
jcearq.jpg

Dex-chan lover
he's posting more. said that the whole "mentoring" thing was just fillian and punkalopi doing a guest lecture a few months back
management doesn't give support but mandates you stream on the specific site and do specifically chatting/singing.
0kaxlg.jpg

Dex-chan lover
i found out about it today. i was very hyped and my concerns were high (was hoping they were just showing off talents and not debuting ALL 27 OF THEM at once.) but wow. i almost want to laugh but i mainly feel upset for all these talents. even the ones coming to the defense of the CEO, they truly don't know that this is horrible for them.
in the interview it was basically just a rundown of nexas but no intricate details on how they'd run it. you don't get a manager either, this is all self-management. so it's a battle royale but you aren't even given a weapon

i don't have much more on it but since i've decided to say "screw it" and expose what i know of this shitty company. i asked if i could do gaming and my answer was basically "no, you must stick with our app before you can do anything outside of it!" and that was my sign to back off.
the models are paid but everything else is practically just you. even said so in the "what's not offered?" section.
  • Talent Community
with the supposed battle royale-esque system over their talents, collabs and communication is a nightmare on its own. everyone is going to get competetive and cliques will form and the toxicity is going to SKYROCKET. there will be no 'camraderie' OR 'support' just an observation of who's going to be popular and who won't. they'll cull them out that way.
  • Academia Curriculum
i absolutely doubt they have the resources to have classes and teach you how to self manage. they only have about 10 people working in NEXAS as staff and the last time they did that whole mentor thing was months back when they only got 2 vtubers and one being filian and another one i can't really remember. they didn't establish any of this in the interview.
  • In-Academia Events
it's the same thing as the talent community. there's no friendly way of this and everyone WILL be at each others throats.
  • Freedom of Career Choice
as i said, you're not given jack diddly shit in terms of the so called 'freedom of career choice.' the CEO only told me anilive would focus on just chatting/singing when it came out and only PLANNED on having ways to stream other content in the future. no guarantee no nothing. if AniLive fails then what the hell are you going to do with all your talents who probably don't even want to focus on just chatting and singing?

this company is fucked.

Dex-chan lover
EDIT: estbalishing flaws that made me reconsider going forward with NEXAS.

as someone who got past screening and did an interview; NONE of this was established to me even in the 20 minute long video they sent me to tell me about the agency. streaming on other platforms isn't 'ideal' for them as they want to primarily focus on AniLive, so basically its "okay" but not encouraged. you're stuck with the app if you want them to even focus on you.
mind you they also didn't tell anyone that anilive was iOS only lol. they only said it was just an app and focused on just chatting and if we couldn't conform to that then we could leave/aren't fit for NEXAS.
in terms of concerns, i wasn't given enough time (the interview is 30 minutes) to lay all these out and it more seemed like he just wanted to tell me why nexas was so great. i even asked about anilive and the tldr i got was "we believe it'll work cause vertical streaming is very convenient." you have to stay with them for a year before you can leave. i didn't see anything in terms of a penalty and i have no clue about the models and keeping them but i'd hope that enaria keeps her model since she made it
continuing off the 40 hours a month requirement, the CEO even told me some of the talents are in college or have jobs. this is insane. they all can't HAVE time to take out of their day do they? what if they need time off? it's such a time sink for a unknown agency along with trying to self manage. it's the fast track to burn out.
edit- you can find the op on reddit as ExpertFull4947

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread