Wakamono no Kuro Mahou Hanare ga Shinkoku desu ga, Shuushoku shite Mitara Taiguu Iishi, Shachou mo Tsukaima mo Kawaikute Saikou desu! - Vol. 3 Ch. 16…

Dex-chan lover
As a reference for translators and creators, reading through these comments you should realize that inserting politics into your work seldom goes over well and is guaranteed to net you far more criticism than compliments or thanks.

The political topic inserted here was not only done poorly, but also a horrible choice with horrible backing.
Racism is different in every country, and in places like America, it's almost non-existent. Sure, America has loads of ethnics complaining in claiming they're treated unfairly, but when you dig a little deeper and look at the actual facts they're more privileged than the one's they're claiming are racist and are actually fully deserving of the stereotypes and treatment they receive. You look at any stereotype and you'll find they have actual statistical backing, you get a group of mixed ethnicities and each individual is statistically more likely to fit their ethnicity's stereotypes than any other individual in the group.
A lot of the groups that supposedly fight against racism actually fight for racism. For example Black Lives Matter rallies actually actively assault people that show up to support them just because their skin isn't dark enough or their face is the wrong shape, and then the ones that defend themselves end up being the one's charged with assault and battery (among other things) because the action insists they're a peaceful protest even as they vandalize police stations and destroy police vehicles (and record themselves doing so!)

@MesaOracle I call it cola, and I was born and raised in America. Just because everyone calls it soda in your little corner of the country, doesn't mean the rest of us do too.

Can we all agree to just leave politics where it belongs, in shitty hollywood movies like Star Wars.

Thanks Koolio you brought me back to 2007 with the translation, felt like reading a manga taken from a random 4chan rapidshare link.

Group Leader
@givemersspls
No, it's not. The conversation happened a few hours before the release.

@MesaOracle
I live in the USA, in Minnesota. We call it pop here. Sometimes soda or soda pop, but usually just pop.

Transliteration means taking the text and converting it to the literal, target syllablry. I believe that's the best way to go, as using these meme TLs is just overly disrespectful to the mangaka you're already stealing the work from.

Not to mention, it's entirely out of context. It's just a meme picked at random, rather than anything in-universe, or even remotely on topic.

Dex-chan lover
@Crookshanks, actually Rapeman scans was blacklisted in Batoto for unexplained reasons so he certainly stepped on someone high up toes back then as there was never a reason given and people asked.

Sure you can call people hypocrites for complaining about "wrong politics" but as far I remember he just did that on the credits page (and I remember because people asked if it was OK to just remove that page on Batoto, again no answer) and I think you can say there is a difference of a credit page and putting then on the chapter itself ... mind you that people also complained about Norway doing things as putting "Norway" instead of "No Way" as a example, no matter what groups do there will always be some criticism (honorifics use or lack of use alone is a can of worms on its own) but when you change the text in a way the readers notice ... well its a valid one, as far I can remember Rapeman never done that, WhitePod oh so funny annotations on the other hand appeared to really piss a lot of people off.

Edit:I really do not care about the credit page rants whatever they maybe but its very obvious that the translation is on the "oh so funny" that I know this aint a serious series but its obvious more that a few liberties were taken, just to be sure of what my issue is with this chapter.

Cover girl is finally here, at first I thought she was just MC but genderbent. Then I saw there is no genderbend in the tags.
Well, she's cute, got big tiddies, nice hips, has a rather big ego but she's probably the only Black Magic practitioner she knows so I'll give her that.
I wonder how they'll deal with the cockatrice? Then weird hatefuck afterward? Ah who knows, but I gotta agree with one of the earlier comments saying that Franz going "kill yourself" is seriously out of character. I chuckled but if someone's annoying you, it's rude to just tell them to go off themselves.

Dex-chan lover
@DrWhoCares Thanks for being civil. I assumed, but made an ass out of myself and apologize. Honestly, in all the different places I have traveled to across the country I only ever hear it called soda so this is new to me. I was even born just north of the twin cities but have not lived there in decades since when I was very little. I miss White Castle something fierce.

@StealthAria See DrWhoCares reply to me. That is how to respond to someone.

Dex-chan lover
I was like... wait, I know her. I wonder where did I know her. It's the cover girl!

Also, I'm pretty sure whoever the translator is, they butchered the translation.

And including the last page just makes it seem that you joke translate a chapter just to push your personal beliefs. Not that I don't agree with your stance on racism. But please at least do the minimum required amount of translation before pushing your agenda.

Group Leader
I'm just here to tell you that the last page has flown across sites and that your opinion is bad translator

Dex-chan lover
I don't mind whatever you put in your credits page since I can just ignore it but at the very least don't let the translation quality drop.
Meme translation for what is purely gibberish magic incantation is fine but don't do that for proper dialogue.

Dex-chan lover
Sliding in here before it gets locked for posterity's sake. Let future generations know that swamp troll was the best girl up to this point and that I hope she returns.

@StealthAria
Racism is different in every country, and in places like America, it's almost non-existent.

As a proud American, I can safely report that racism is very much well and alive, as I've heard the N-word said by a racist at least two times in person this year. And I'm not even black. There have been tremendous strides made even in my lifetime, but the idea that racism is almost non-existent in America is poppycock. Racism is one of America's original sins, one it has yet to purge.

As for both the manga, the meme TL, and the politics within both, fight on, fight the man, fight the power!

@Coffeemilk - True, I hear and see at least one black everday call whites trash and and their women are fun to fuck. But, ya know, "N-word" and all that.

"America's original sin," lmfao.

Fed-Kun's army
Well, I'm with the Japanese on, "keeping my nation for it's own people."

Still, I appreciate other countries and their people being themselves, and experiencing the joy of sexy foreign comedy manga without demanding they be less Asian and less Japanese.

Anyhow, thanks for translating.

@Akemua "America's original sin" is slavery, the sin the United States had written into and protected in its Constitution in 1787. The United States was born in a state of sin. This is not a novel observation or argument. On a search of that phrase, google produces 21,300,000 results, where "Wakamono no Kuro Mahou" produces 295,000 results.

Many people are racist, and racism goes a lot of different directions. The idea that racism is non-existent in the US is nonsense.

Fed-Kun's army
@Crookshanks
I had to look through of their credit pages and saw politically incorrect jokes.

Off-color jokes is one thing, proselytizing is another.
I don't care if you make a shitty gulag/gassing/9-11/tragedy-of-the-month/whatever joke-edit in the credits.
The last page here wasn't about politically incorrect jokes; it was off-topic shaming of a user for generic immigration views and preaching about "white privilege."
This isn't a soap-box.

Users who are viewing this thread