Warui ga Watashi wa Yuri ja nai - Vol. 2 Ch. 10.5 - Volume 2 Extras

Dex-chan lover
And yeah typically wrt the main series being what it is, the synopsis and the first chapters, and the title all communicate that dub-con, non-con stuff is afoot. Good writers, or ones that just avoid subtext tend to weave in ample buildup to the kinds of things that warrant warnings, though there will be gaps in perception on both ends, and can be necessary, even between the (husband/wife?) duo that comprises Mochi Au Lait. I would hope everyone here takes away, "oh this was a gap for me and the author" and not "buh buh whys transphobia not allowed but uhhh dubious consent/noncon is, y-youre censoring :'(" It's not about portrayal but rather actually, properly contextualizing how readers may be affected, and communicating those effects to someone that would typically not be critical of what was portrayed, given how dominant biases are structured. Clearly no one here has an axe to grind with the series itself, they mostly showed themselves the door looong ago (like myself a few years ago, lol i came back around), again because the involved kinks and dynamics were obviated. It's silly, kinky lesbian power fantasy and it's fiction.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Ah yes japan, where trans and queer people have famously never existed, yet somehow trans and lesbian autobiographical manga mysteriously pop up out of the ground.
Yeah, I literally just read a manga about being trans the other day, Wandering Son. It's old-fashioned, you can tell from the terminology and the way they're exploring things, but it's unquestionably trans. It was published in fucking 2002. More recent examples of sapphic manga include titles such as She Likes To Cook And She Likes To Eat, or for something shorter, You, As You Are.

Double-page supporter
This is a bit of a complex issue.
When leaving any trigger warning, the one leaving the trigger warning comes to a conclusion that the piece (a chapter in this case) has a trigger worth mentioning. Normally the triggers can be discerned pretty easily leaving no point of contention from the reader and whomever left the warning; rape, gore, violence towards animals, etc is pretty discernable.

Complications occur with triggers that relate to issues that are on a spectrum; racism, homophobia, transphobia. What I mean by this is these issues have degrees in their intensity (Soft, Low-Key, High-Key, Hard). As a result, there is more likely to be contention between the one leaving the trigger and the reader, especially moreso if the reader is not in that specified group that is being warned.

With this all said, I am all for the trigger warning and yes as Sirmidor mentioned, you have to actively ignore the intro page which means it will have an effect on the reader. The degree of that effect is entirely based on the reader them self. For me personally, it made me more conscious in looking out for the potential transphobia. With that said, the warning didn't ruin my enjoyment of the chapter in the slightest and if anything, made me more curious onto what others discerned from reading the chapter and the reasoning for the warning as I myself am not trans.

Dex-chan lover
All I can say after reading some of these comments is: imagine being triggered by a trigger warning, sheesh

Dex-chan lover
I don't really think the trigger warning in the beginning was necessary. But nothing of real importance was lost or taken away from its inclusion. It's not really worth fighting over or complaining about.

Thanks for the translation.
Yeah, life's too short to get mad at unwarranted trigger warnings, or random strangers on the internet immediately assuming the worst about you while bringing their Western politics (and the mumbo-jumbo associated with it since only someone terminally online will understand those words) in the comment section.

I had to comment about that trigger warning page since the translator felt strongly enough to put that up so it's only fair people get to say their opinion about that. See, if that page wasn't included, most people would've commented "aww, what a cute chapter about neighbors learning out about each other" or something, but the comments section quickly turned political with its inclusion. Even Misfit Scans, one of the bigger and better translators for Mairimashita! Iruma-kun (great series), got in trouble for including US politics in their credits page (which they eventually removed).

Still, I'm just grateful someone's translating this series and we're all here to enjoy it. Really, thank you kii-chan.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, life's too short to get mad at unwarranted trigger warnings, or random strangers on the internet immediately assuming the worst about you while bringing their Western politics (and the mumbo-jumbo associated with it since only someone terminally online will understand those words) in the comment section.

I had to comment about that trigger warning page since the translator felt strongly enough to put that up so it's only fair people get to say their opinion about that. See, if that page wasn't included, most people would've commented "aww, what a cute chapter about neighbors learning out about each other" or something, but the comments section quickly turned political with its inclusion. Even Misfit Scans, one of the bigger and better translators for Mairimashita! Iruma-kun (great series), got in trouble for including US politics in their credits page (which they eventually removed).

Still, I'm just grateful someone's translating this series and we're all here to enjoy it. Really, thank you kii-chan.
Trans people exist outside the US. Quite literally we exist evetywhere. Across a host of cultures and times but especially here and now in the late internet era where we have connected to one another despite borders. Get over it.

Dex-chan lover
Trans people exist outside the US. Quite literally we exist evetywhere. Across a host of cultures and times but especially here and now in the late internet era where we have connected to one another despite borders. Get over it.
I literally have no problem with trans people existing nor do I hate you or trans people just to be clear. So what's the... what's the issue here?

"get over it"
Whatever cause you have, you have to understand, being this (passive)aggressive to people who don't really engage in political discussions (i.e. normies, me), much less people not from the West or US, will drive people away from your side.

And I'm sorry, the irony of "get over it" which is what trigger warnings don't encourage is not lost on me.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
As soon as anything brings up the topic of trans people its "US politics" with you lot. Seems like a big problem with trans people to believe they are solely a US phenomenon. Or are you gonna tell me no other culture has ever thought or implemented "hey this has sensitive content", "oh this is violent / sexual / nudity, smoking, drug use in it." And if youre gonna claim that the US is the one that solely politicized that? Utterly ahistorical. We have literally made up words to describe theatre that may offend ones sensibilities. It is simple another permutation, one that prioritizes certainly marginalized people, whose marginalization was not their choice, that politicization, not my fucking choice that my existence is made out to be as such. Again. Not a US vacuum.

Dex-chan lover
Why you gotta bring Western politics here 🙄
And as for being "transphobic", it's FAR from it and they're BOTH pretty androgynous anyway, and they're both probably yuri anyway since the author mainly does yuri scratch that, they do make some other stuff too, but since this series in particular is a yuri series, I'm leaning toward both of them being women even though it's kinda pointless to think about drawings 😛

While I don't agree with the trigger warning and transphobia claims, I appreciate the translations of these extra chapters, thanks.

EDIT: The fact is that the author is very pro LGBT (as far as I know) so it's not offensive to them. They also didn't need to put a trigger warning or some shit, and why it ticked me off a bit because only Westerners do that. Then of course someone starts calling other people "bigots" just because they don't agree with them and THAT'S why you should leave your Western politics outta here.
you're weird

Dex-chan lover
As a member of the queer community, I appreciate the warning, by the way. This could be taken as low key transphobic, but I think it's possible to give this a generous reading of being exploratory and experimenting with sexuality. It didn't bother me, and was a pretty fun read.
I honestly don't see how the thing the warning describes [scenes where the character either has a preference, or is simply curious, and asks about the gender], can be considered a[n expression of] fear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread