Warui ga Watashi wa Yuri ja nai - Vol. 2 Ch. 10.5 - Volume 2 Extras

Dex-chan lover
This manga keeps getting better and better. Thanks so much for the bonus chapters and the translation. Please keep them coming

Dex-chan lover
Let's use simple analysis :finnawoke:

One with shorts, it's tight. In reality, when I see in mirror when wearing tight boxer, i see a bulge when in not boner state. In this story is not, so...

The other one, both admitted someone have "one". So...

In conclusion... One comment in page 1, with image is true. lol

Thanks for the premise, I knew what to watch out from the translation. I hope I don't see such warning ever again.

TTD.

Dex-chan lover
This is the most love-sexual couple
What's underneath idk
But you're too cool for it to matter
That's the good shit

Dex-chan lover
Why you gotta bring Western politics here 🙄
And as for being "transphobic", it's FAR from it and they're BOTH pretty androgynous anyway, and they're both probably yuri anyway since the author mainly does yuri scratch that, they do make some other stuff too, but since this series in particular is a yuri series, I'm leaning toward both of them being women even though it's kinda pointless to think about drawings 😛

While I don't agree with the trigger warning and transphobia claims, I appreciate the translations of these extra chapters, thanks.

EDIT: The fact is that the author is very pro LGBT (as far as I know) so it's not offensive to them. They also didn't need to put a trigger warning or some shit, and why it ticked me off a bit because only Westerners do that. Then of course someone starts calling other people "bigots" just because they don't agree with them and THAT'S why you should leave your Western politics outta here.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I appreciate the warning never the less, even though this was mostly just cute. I hope you'll keep translating this series, it's one of my all-time favorites!

Dex-chan lover
Ogi explicitly expresses their concern that what they have in the pants seems to matter more to the MC than who they are on the inside, a worry that was the direct result of the MC's clumsy - and, as you say, arguably low-key transphobic - approach. Meaning, the story addresses the exact concern that you've set up, and handles it with what I can only see as complete aplomb.

It's like you're the waiter serving a soup, and saying "I think I saw the cook use salt to season the broth, but I don't know exactly how much salt they used. Maybe they used too much salt. There is a tendency to overuse salt in the gastronomic industry. If you don't like your soup to be saltier than average, maybe you might think about not eating the soup. But it's entirely up to you." Then I eat the soup and it's delicious, like it always is, because I've been going to this restaurant for years.

Or, in other words - let them cook. I'm two volumes into a manga about a homophobic girl who tries to use mind control drugs to brainwash her teacher into being her lover, but keeps running crotch-first into shenanigans. I think I can handle this.

Dex-chan lover
Felt a bit gender positive depending on your reading. I liked the experiment of an androgynous couple that likes each other regardless. However knowing the author, it’s hard to believe this isn’t stealth yuri.

Also — those bikini drawings at the end are super cute

Double-page supporter
It's bad when a translator tries to influence how people should interpret a chapter. You are not the author, keep your own world views to yourself. Just translate it and let people read and interpret it how they normally would have, without coaching them beforehand to think of certain things. Many people probably would've read the chapter and not thought of trans-whatever or non-binary whatever at all, but you took that option away.

Dex-chan lover
It's bad when a translator tries to influence how people should interpret a chapter. You are not the author, keep your own world views to yourself. Just translate it and let people read and interpret it how they normally would have, without coaching them beforehand to think of certain things. Many people probably would've read the chapter and not thought of trans-whatever or non-binary whatever at all, but you took that option away.
Nah. Giving warnings is fine.

To you you can just ignore it if you dont feel there was anything in it that needed warning. But for those that might read this and feel something off then its good for them to have a warning.

Basically it doesnt affect you either way so you really shouldn't care.

Translators are also free to have their own view on things. Thats all this was.

Also "coaching". Really? Cmon.

(also the "trans-whatever" and "nonbinary-whatever" wording kind of betrays why you actually are so upset...)

Double-page supporter
Unless you're someone who automatically skips all intro pages, you'll read it and therefore it affects you. It shouldn't, it's not a translator's place to tell readers how they should feel about a translated work. It's disrespectful to the original work and towards readers for a translator to impose their subjective framing on others.

A faithful translation is valuable because it gives people the chance to experience foreign works and respects their ability to form their own interpretation. That is undone when the (presumably) faithful translation is preceded by translator-inserted text that shapes how people will interpret the content of the work.

I see the attempt to put words in my mouth by implying I'm only raising this point because of the specific content here, but I disagree. If a character truly is transgender in some original work, I wouldn't want a translation to change that to 'just crossdressing', nor would I want a faithful translation but preceded by text stating how the translator thinks the character is 'just crossdressing'. I'd want a faithful translation that is free of of the subjective framing of the translator in that case as well.

Dex-chan lover
Generally I don't like translator's putting their mark on manga. I barely tolerate intro and ending pages, I hate it when some TL notes are just their jokes being thrown in, etc. I don't even think the transphobia warning was necessary (I mean this comic alone is already stacked on CWs in that case, it's true).

But this is a hobby, not a product. They don't have to abide by your sensibilities, your preferences, or your criticism. If they feel it's necessary, that's the end all. I'm not gonna try to dissuade them otherwise, especially since the TL was fantastic.

Dex-chan lover
Why you gotta bring Western politics here 🙄
And as for being "transphobic", it's FAR from it and they're BOTH pretty androgynous anyway, and they're both probably yuri anyway since the author mainly does yuri scratch that, they do make some other stuff too, but since this series in particular is a yuri series, I'm leaning toward both of them being women even though it's kinda pointless to think about drawings 😛

While I don't agree with the trigger warning and transphobia claims, I appreciate the translations of these extra chapters, thanks.
Ah yes japan, where trans and queer people have famously never existed, yet somehow trans and lesbian autobiographical manga mysteriously pop up out of the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread