Wasureenu Majo no Monogatari - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - The Gentle Knife

Dex-chan lover
The thing with Yūka telling Ayaka that she doesn't believe her on Day A is that her actions make no sense if she doesn't believe her, but, if you accept she believes her entirely and with total confidence, her actions immediately make sense.

Yūka gets into a yelling match on Day A where she tells her that she isn't believed even by her while belittling and hurting her (emotionally) knowing that, by hearing about it on Day B and changing her actions, she can suffer minimal consequences from this.

Then, on Day B, she acts concilliatory, but uses the fight the previous day to make wholly clear that, if she is to be believed, her logic dictates that Ayaka should not get close with anyone but Yūka. And, through this, she forces Ayaka to speak to her emotions about the fight because she knows that Ayaka's answer will be one of fear of losing her.

She is, essentially, grooming Ayaka, here. She's saying that she'll be there for Ayaka and love Ayaka and believe Ayaka no matter what, but she's doing it in a way that makes clear that all of this requires Ayaka to be wholly dependent on her and have no one else and that, if she does lose Yūka, everyone else would not believe her and would not stay with her the way Yūka will.
This is the perfect encapsulation of Yuuka's attack. She also went as far as dismantling Ayaka's "old lady" protective shell for no other reason than to make a point. Yuuka is absolutely terrifying because she knows Ayaka well enough to bypass her protections and inflict as much damage as she wants.

Dex-chan lover
perhaps she shoulda let yuuka die a couple chapters back
i mean considering she experienced it multiple times, maybe something else would've happened to where she survived anyways, b/c while she is aware of 'time loops' idk if it's possible for the exact same things to happen, like with a butterfly effect or so, imagine of choosing like apple juice versus milk with breakfast spiraled into something completely diff (altho i guess things tend to change only when she does something big, negative or not, tho i wonder if she would be hurt, if not interpreted as a tantrum if she was like "I should've let you get hit by that car" tho you can survive a car accident, makes me wonder how things would be if she ended up in a coma herself or so , b/c i assume MC couldn't die at this point if she committed suicide)

Dex-chan lover
What's striking is all of the discursive switching. Ayaka is a senior citizen, ayaka is a child, ayaka is beyond human experience, ayaka is an animal, ayaka is unneeded, ayaka is valuable.. Yuuka opportunistically toggles back and forth between these contradictory premises simply to put aya off balance. It's a complicated chapter to translate. And also a good reminder that when you deal with manipulative people, the thing they fear the most will be a paper & pen, an open google doc, or a tape recorder - as soon as you're focused on pinning down their position on different issues and aiming to describe it, you're no longer reacting to them. What a shame these are the exact things aya is unable to make use of. It's an interesting variation on the trope of repeating a single day infinitely. Knowing that her consecutive days will end unexpectedly means she doesn't have the protection of nihilism and lack-of-consequence that characterized movies like groundhog day. Since they're finite, she lacks the benefit of predictability that would enable her to explore different configurations of her life and the relationships around her. The best is deleted and the worst is preserved. And so her fundamental strategy is that of a convenient houseplant: don't grow any branches lest your owner cut them away.

Last edited:
Supporter
Since they're finite, she lacks the benefit of predictability that would enable her to explore different configurations of her life and the relationships around her. The best is deleted and the worst is preserved. And so her fundamental strategy is that of a convenient houseplant: don't grow any branches lest your owner cut them away.

Wonderful metaphor. Also pokes holes in Yuuka's "facts and logic" about Ayaka wasting her abilities by not doing something great like being a shogi master or discovering a new math theorem.
In a vacuum it sounds like a "logical" criticism, but the reality is Ayaka's been worn down by the many years long slog of her repeating days consistently letting her down. After enduring for so long, she's not willing to suffer even more to branch out for something admirable like that.

That Ayaka's actually putting effort into getting closer to Michiru and harboring the tiniest slivers of hope about their future is a big step forward for her. And an unwelcome one for somebody like Yuuka who likes Ayaka to sit obediently under her thumb without rocking the boat.

Dex-chan lover
b3aj6i.jpeg
x0vkog.png

God, she's sooo fucking grooooossssss. Trashfire abusive gaslighting scum woman. I wanna punch that stupid smug face so much.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck Yuuka. I really wish she hadnt went through all that trouble trying to prevent Yuuka from dying. Well I know it wont happen, but I can atleast hope that Yuuka will die again and this time wont be saved
She is nothing more than a manipulating pedophile bitch

Dex-chan lover
Man...
I mean. I somewhat understand where Yuuka is coming from... And frankly, Ayaka did deserve a nice talking-to... But I still think Yuuka is getting on the shit list next to the artist girl.

Thank you for the chapter! I am really loving this manga.

Double-page supporter
Heh... as a manga-only reader, I didn't expect the author to make Yuuka's character actually gross. Until the past few chapters, I thought it was going to be the common clingy onee-san trope where the "advances" were (almost) nothing more than jokes, and if she did develop real feelings eventually, she was going to suppress them forever or at least until Ayaka was all grown up. Like another poster above said, I used to think the hate was overblown lol.

If I have to be honest, I don't really like Inaba either. I was surprised to see most people ignore it or blame Ayaka instead but I just don't see how physical assault was ever a justifiable or appropriate response in a situation like that. Personally, violence is a dealbreaker in a friendship or relationships in general. It made Inaba look worse even if Ayaka was being petty/cruel at first. If it was just for a dramatic effect, I can't take the story seriously.

I know the story is written in a way that Ayaka and Inaba are somehow destined to be together but man, if this was real life, I would have been wary of either of the choices she has. That scene left a sour taste and I can't really ship them now.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Love at first site she says... lmaoo
Anyway I don't know what the love of yuri is happening... why are they fighting???

I mean just why? But what is clear is there is something about their blood why is aya have this skill..
and why yuuka have different skill too ...

Edit: my bad .. they are fighting because Aya said they are using first basis with inaba.. makes yuuka jealous??. Something like that 😅

Last edited:
Supporter
Plp be either hate inaba or yuuka lmao and I find it funny
Pretty sure it's a very small minority that hate Inaba. She's literally the only good thing happening in Ayaka's life. And the best thing that's ever happened to her.

We’ll actually I just read the raw of the manga:worry:
Has the manga raws started LN volume 2 yet or do we know if it'll be covered?

Users who are viewing this thread