Watashi no Musuko ga Isekai Tensei Shitappoi - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Did You Wait?

Dex-chan lover
Four months is past the point of grief? Jesus my dudes hell no.

Imagine raising someone for eighteen years seeing them everyday, loving them and having them ripped away in an instant from truck kun. This entire comment section is either cold hearted or never lost anyone close to them.

My aunt was down for over a year when my grandmother died and that was with getting actual therapy and meds.

Dex-chan lover

Imagine raising someone for eighteen years seeing them everyday, loving them and having them ripped away in an instant from truck kun. This entire comment section is either cold hearted or never lost anyone close to them.

My aunt was down for over a year when my grandmother died and that was with getting actual therapy and meds.
90% here were most likely never in a relationship to begin with and are basement dwellers.

Dex-chan lover

Yeah my mom spent at least a year guilting herself over my sister's (who was like, turning 20 that year) sudden death.

Clearly a lot of basement dwellers here.

Aggregator gang
To be fair, I can't really respect either Mio or Haruji as people. They both lacked the will to divorce/leave the other. Their best representation is that they stayed for Taiga, but wanted the other to fuck off for the entirety of their son's life.

Fed-Kun's army
Haruji's a textbook narcissist, and definitely not a realist like some of you are saying. He cannot even empathize with people who visited his own dead son's altar to pray and presumably, that happened very near to his death, when everyone who had even remotely loved him would be in mourning. And when the attention is not on him, he's resentful and disdainful. He worries about how he's viewed by others and blames any negative attention on others. For example, he's worried about the gossips and feels pressured by his boss telling him to process his loss because he doesn't know how to. Because in his mind, he has not lost anything. And all this he blames on Mio. Mio might have developed a psychosis from Taiga's death, but Hariju has been psychotic for a long time.

It's been 4 months. It's past the point of grief for both of them. I find it weird that Mio has this giant circle of friends going out out their way to look for her, but no one can be bothered to pull Haruji out of the gutter.
I think it's just another indication that he's a shitty person. Mio has lots of friends who care about her while Haruji just has random hookups he's been cheating with for a while. He's clearly capable of making human connections - hooking up takes social skills and effort - but to have a friend you need to be a friend and it's evidently not something he prioritizes. Anyway, it's clear that the marriage was already on the rocks while Taiga was alive and the couple were only staying together for their kid's sake.

Gu7

Dex-chan lover
Thank god it's only fiction
Right ?
Right ?!!!

Dex-chan lover
As a father I'm 100% on the father's side
Y'all saying he handled it wrong but going off into fantasy world is handling it wrong 😂😂😂
Now had he hit her? Different story

Fed-Kun's army
Considering he cheated on her before and after the son's death and closed himself off from her and you still are on his side 100%, I feel bad for your wife.
Not to mention his kid.
As a father I'm 100% on the father's side
Y'all saying he handled it wrong but going off into fantasy world is handling it wrong 😂😂😂
Now had he hit her? Different story
Did you miss him grabbing her arm hard enough to hurt? Physical pain is okay as long as he didn't wind up and hit her? A regular father and husband of the year, you.

Dex-chan lover
I think it's just another indication that he's a shitty person. Mio has lots of friends who care about her while Haruji just has random hookups he's been cheating with for a while... Anyway, it's clear that the marriage was already on the rocks while Taiga was alive and the couple were only staying together for their kid's sake.
Boyh you and @shubbby hit some key aspects, but I think I can add to it; Haruji for a large part is a part of the superficial culture, one of keeping up appearances (& I suspect her friends are too). He got Mio pregnant near the end of highschool, so he married her and might resent her some for it. I suspect Mio still hangs with Doubura because she saw a genuineness from him, the otaku knowledge, something she felt she couldn't do with her friends, and because he wouldn't brush her aside for her beliefs he's helped her process by exploring her son's interest with him. If Haruji isn't narcissistic and is in denial phase, I do think he'll likely harm Mio cause he's been shown emotively aggressive. I also think that what Mio's doing is 10000 times better than what Haruji's doing, cause after processing some grief, Mio went and actually took care of herself, met new-ish people, and explored something her son showed interest in. Haruji meanwhile likely delved further into booze, nicotine and sex, all the while isolating himself further.

Fed-Kun's army
i think "haruji is right even if he's a complete asshole" and "what mio is doing isn't good for her even if it's out of grief" are two opinions that can co-exist here. i don't think there is a villain in this story, just very complex people dealing with a very tragic situation!

Dex-chan lover
i think "haruji is right even if he's a complete asshole" and "what mio is doing isn't good for her even if it's out of grief" are two opinions that can co-exist here. i don't think there is a villain in this story, just very complex people dealing with a very tragic situation!

For now that's it.

I think the opinions are a bit biased in favor of Mio.
She is not as bad as Haruji of course, but people read and only see the loving mother side of her. She also made her mistakes, it's also responsible for the troubles in her life.
That marriage was a bad marriage, but they had their arrangement.

Dex-chan lover
Considering he cheated on her before and after the son's death and closed himself off from her and you still are on his side 100%, I feel bad for your wife.
You know nothing about me but carry on with your assumptions
Letting someone wallow in their unhealthy delusions is never the answer

Double-page supporter
both of them are coping is wildly different ways that dont work together. doesnt help that they weren't on good terms before this.

Dex-chan lover
For the duration of their confrontation, and when it seemed like it would escalate higher, I feared Mio would end up mentioning Doubara in one manner or another, not necessarily directly by name, but enough for Haruji to figure out she was staying with someone. He's a cheater himself, but I reckon he's the kind of person who gets more prideful when he's doing the cheating, but if he's the victim of cheating, his sense of pride would suffer a blow. On the other hand, since he does care about how others view him, wearing a green hat might be too much, even if on a personal level Mio didn't matter to him anymore. Who knows. Maybe he doesn't care either way. That would be a positive surprise.

Fed-Kun's army
It's been 4 months?? Fuck you all commenters, if you dont know how it feel to lose someone you care about then you all can stfu. There's no time limit on how long people can grief. Defending the husband after that crap is shit, dude is already asshole even before the kid died. While yes mc is lowkey enabling her, but what he do is helping mio take this baby steps to heal, helping her distract her mind from the grief, and keeping her alive until she'll slowly come to accept that reality. No bro rubbing in her face about her son death is not the way, she know about that fact more than anyone else in the world, thats why she run away from it, thats why she went delulu. It's fucking painful to have someone you care about died before you, so painful you start thinking maybe you should join em just to meet them for one last time.

And it's funny how the husband be like "mio this mio that" like my man you are as selfish as her, dude you went on infidelity spree throughout your marriage.

Users who are viewing this thread