Watashi no Oshi wa Akuyaku Reijou. - Ch. 65 - Joy to the World

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 27, 2023
Messages
135
That little moment where she steps on the executioner's foot is a direct reference to the real noble Marie Antoinette when she did the same on her execution during the French Revolution:

Marie Antoinette was executed by beheading by guillotine at 12:15 pm on 16 October. Her last words are recorded as, "Pardon me, sir, I did not do it on purpose" ("Pardonnez-moi, monsieur. Je ne l'ai pas fait exprès"), after accidentally stepping on her executioner's shoe.

Author's clearly making it extra here by having her rescind her apology only seconds later.
 
Double-page supporter
Joined
May 14, 2024
Messages
32
Claire: *steps on guard's foot*
Mob: WTF, kill this evil woman!
Rae:
dab.jpg
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jun 22, 2020
Messages
3,111
A risky way to dleilver the evidence but I suppose she was maybe worried about being detained the moment she jumped onto the platform and it would've been confiscated.
 
Group Leader
Joined
Jan 22, 2023
Messages
2,774
Seriouslly I'm loving that it looks like they are skipping all the cringe moments of this final arc omfg.
sorry I can't stop glazing how much the manga just improved the source material <3........ I'm loving this.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Nov 17, 2024
Messages
815
Nicely done finale, it really shows their hard teamwork at display. :meguu:

I still prefer that one fanfiction ending where... it was revealed to us that Rae was nuclear physicist in her previous life and in the finale, by using her past life knowledge, she builds atomic bomb and threatens to destroy everything if they kill Clare and her father. To prove her point she detonates another one far enough from the city for shockwave to pass over and break all glass and few building, and get the mass into panic and Salar frozen with fear.

But then again, I guess that would go agaisnt the kind of person Rae is. Although yandere Rae when Clare is in danger would be interesting sight to see.
 
Supporter
Joined
Jul 8, 2019
Messages
494
Realistically I feel like neither would the crowd, so Salas revealing he was actually evil all along in a typical villain fashion was probably a bad move
Well, maybe, but you have to understand -- Salas hates absolutely everybody. That other people keep existing and doing things other than what he wants them to do is utterly infuriating to him. So this level of opposition is inevitably going to provoke a villain rant from him.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Feb 7, 2025
Messages
4,476
Its like the final chapters taking place in a court room
I barely get what's going on cause man it's deep politics stuff
But fortunately I got the gist and can continue on

YESH
FOR THE WIN

See
Now is the time for assault lily to reveal HER TRUE ALLIGENCE
SWITCH SIDES THROUGH THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP AND TALK NO JUTSU

Or something I dunno
Have a good day though
This chapter came sooner than I thought but I'm glad it's here
Another wonderful end to the ritual
 
Supporter
Joined
Jan 7, 2020
Messages
657
Well, maybe, but you have to understand -- Salas hates absolutely everybody. That other people keep existing and doing things other than what he wants them to do is utterly infuriating to him. So this level of opposition is inevitably going to provoke a villain rant from him.
Credit to you for reminding me that his name is salaS, I've been calling him Salad since his introduction because like Caesar, I see this salad being stabbed by everyone :huh:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top