Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 8 Ch. 38 - Black and White

Power Uploader
>meaningless labels

Who cares about this bourgeois difference between liking someone “as a person” and “as a man”?

228179.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Welps. Me feeling bad for her is all gone now. I do dislike her in this chapter. She's a teenager and doesn't know any better but it won't change the fact that she really did act selfish. No better than Mashuu in the last chapter. Didn't think she would be the type to do and admit in picking crappy clothes or anything like that for someone she likes. I mean, she did yell out that she wouldn't have picked those clothes if it was her favourite colour and his crush for Satoko.

Double-page supporter
oof baby's first heartbreak

that being said I can't bring myself to dislike Ogata. She's a teenager figuring out that things aren't just black and white and lashing out a bit at that. Well, Satoko's ambiguous words would've probably ticked me off too if I were in her position. Like, "what do you mean you don't know if you like him romantically or not? he's so in love with you that it's almost annoying! aren't you supposed to be the adult here? quit leading him on!! etc. etc."

Ah, we're back to the same cheesy stuff as when Mashu was all like "I see her as a human being". How precious.

Aggregator gang
Dude this makes me feel so fucking anxioussssss, Poor Nao :C, what's gonna happen between Mashuu and sakoto? D U D E...

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how this will end? I am kind of rooting for Ogata as Satoko once completely rejected MC while Ogata has always liked him.

Group Leader
We're almost there everyone :) As always we appreciate the feedback and support!

As for what happened in this chapter, Nao was a bit more selfish than I expected her to be, but then again she's got her heart destroyed, pulled out of her chest and trampled on by all the events leading to this. She really didn't tell Mashuu how she felt ever, though, and that makes it a bit hard to put any blame on anyone else than herself...

i really dislike Nao as character i mean , in some point is really annyoing how selfish she is , Mashuu was always clear and said he had someone he liked and now is making a fuss when shefind out who she is .In other hand i agree with her when she said is wrong avoiding giving and answers but keep meeting ,but still i can understand how hard must be to "feel that way" for a person 18-20 years younger.

Satoko's been plagued by people assuming that she may have some predatory tendencies (when she doesn’t). So I don’t blame her for giving non answers. I think that she assumes that no matter what she says people think the worst of her.

Also 2 more chapters and then you’ll be caught up! You guys have spoiled us with these fast updates. It will be a whiplash when we will have to wait a month for the next chapter update.

Double-page supporter
I don't care wat the author says i will be on the Satoko ship and the captain always sinks with his ship!

Ogata's anger is a little understandable, considering the clothes fiasco. But I think a lot of her anger is towards herself, and stems from her own realisation that she had a rival this whole time that she never knew about. She tried to take things slowly, not push too far, because she didn't think she had to. And now all her several-year-long effort has been wasted, cause Mashuu was never looking at her in the first place. I feel for her. But it's also a little rude to tell your crushes crush that he likes her. She didn't know for sure that Satoko knew.

I like Ogata. She, like all the other characters, is just a person with emotions who doesn't know how to deal with them. And I think despite an outburst of anger, she's truly a kind person. I hope she gets herself a good dude.

My personal preference is that Mashuu does not end up with anyone. Not Nao because he just doesn't have feelings for her, so that's simple enough. Not Satoko because any romantic relationship between the two of them, as of right now, would be messed up because of the imbalance in their relationship, what with him basically having idolized her and not really thinking about it.

Dex-chan lover
@SleepyAbra I didn't realize how true that is. I never thought about it until now but no one has ever seen as a person with good intentions or trying to be a good person. Her sister used to think how cold her sister was. Ogata is the same way in telling Satoko she will never make him happy. That hurts. Imagine trying to be a good person and doing actions of not to hurt someone you care about to have someone in his life say you won't make him happy.

Fed-Kun's army
Accusation after Accusation has been thrown at Satoko by people around her when she has done nothing wrong.

Ogata is taking out the fact that she is too much of a coward to confess to Mashuu out on Satoko and it's wrong.

Thank you for the translation.

Users who are viewing this thread