Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! - Vol. 13 Ch. 64 - Struggling Forward

Aggregator gang
Sumikaaa! She deserves so much better than all this drama. After all that, Kanoko is STILL ONLY thinking about herself. Not Sumika's or Hime's. I think the author break them up because if it keeps on going, both Sumika and Kanoko would go back to 0 over and over again. Kanoko needs to move on and face her feelings or else things wont ever change for her. Please just let Sumika a thing with Nene. Sumika best girl.

Dex-chan lover
That was lovely. Sumika is very attentive and fully understands Kanako and what she's going through. Kanako has to face her feelings. She's gotten comfortable being in a place that postpones the rejection she unconsciously knows is likely inevitable. Sumika wants her to face this first, then maybe after the dust is settled her and Kanako can come back together, just as the storyline said.

This series actually has such interesting characters, with actual depth and it has them interact and talk in meaningful ways. It's not afraid to put it's characters in uncomfortable or unfavorable positions and to have them act in disagreeable but understandable ways. A lot of manga are afraid to make their characters even potentially unlikable and the story's depth often suffers for it. In contrast, this series focuses on the nuance and emotionality rather then the simple labels that people generally run for. You can tell that the author really cares for each of their characters but doesn't treat them like perfect moe dolls. They're all their own MCs. I really enjoy Kanako's dilemma and struggle. Her relationship with Sumika is amazing. The outcomes are also varied in a way these types are usually not. I get more impressed as it goes along.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's clear that Kanoko's moved forward a little with how much she smiles back at Sumika this chapter and that she actually does want to be together with her. But until she faces her feelings for Hime she'll keep trying to retreat to a status quo. Although painful, this is something she absolutely has to face. Wouldn't be surprised if during the play she breaks script to actually tell Sumika how she feels about her.

It was also pointed out on Twitter by SpiritusNox that the cover art this chapter is a reversed POV from chapter 44's cover art. Now we see Kanoko's smile, but can't see Sumika's reaction instead. I do hope we manage to wrap up this plot line this volume though. Poor girl needs a break from development.

Dex-chan lover
they are supposed to be in an relationship!! not an god damn mental case and the psichologist that is supposed to WAIT WHO KNOW HOW LONG for the other one to stop having feelings for some one else!!!
We are in agreement? All I said is that she was right. It’s not the healthy way to conduct this but I guess the best way would’ve been to approach this matter with less bluntness…since this is Kanoko we’re talking about.

Dex-chan lover
It becomes hauntingly, existentially scary when you realise that in reality, it has indeed been dragging on for more than five years. For this manga's readers, five years is plenty enough time to, say, finish a university, start building a family, get a couple of promotions at work, even survive Covid, a few wars and cataclysms; and our girls are STILL pretty much where they started.
It's like Berserk's boat story arc, but the monsters are inside their hearts and there's much more tears than blood.

Dex-chan lover
I love that the author isn't shying away from portraying a realistically screwed up, flawed teenager with a lot of emotional baggage and issues to work through. I legit respect the hell out of that. That said, it's been the main, at times exclusive focus since volume 9, which is a pretty long time ago by now. I'd really like to see the manga move on at this point or at the very least put the Kanoko stuff on the back burner for a while (^^) I'm not saying this arc should be rushed and settled super quick, but I'd really like to focus on something else story wise for a bit.

Dex-chan lover
This arc feels like it's been going on forever. It was nice to see Hime but I really miss the story from her perspective. I think I've been writing this for a year and we still aren't back.

Dex-chan lover
You said everything sis!
Kanoko should be locked up, stalking is indeed a crime.
Anyway, I thought we were over this arc, seems like the author still wants to shove it on our throats.
Sigh, I wonder if the author even remembers who is the main characters

Stalking might be a crime in the west but it isn’t a crime in Japan, not yet at any rate. Plus as a general rule of thumb, crimes where women are the perpetrator are generally ignored by the authorities.

First, thank you for the translation.

Second, France.

Third, is it to much to ask for both kanoko's and hime's plot to be developed at the same time? like is it that hard to just develop both arcs at the same time? It would be great to se all the girls suffer and rejoice at the same time, helping each other as they go thouw their arcs and interact. Also it would make more sense since it looks like Hime and Yano are literaly frozen in time or in another plane of existance. I'm scared Miman is thinking of the Hime arc as a done deal and doesn't see any more juice to pull from that couple.

Dex-chan lover
good for Sumika she needs to find her own happiness and im hoping that comes soon cause from the start there has just been problem after problem and shes always in the middle of it so again im hoping she finds her happiness

as for Kanoko again everything shes going through is cause by herself and she needs to be able to break through that so what Sumika is doing here is the best move to atleast give Kanoko a push to finally be able to move forward

with that said this ch was nice it was expected what was gonna happen now to see what Kanoko ends up doing next cause at the moment seems everything has been about her so am looking forward to next ch

but then again now thinking about it hasnt things always been somewhat about Kanoko......

i wonder how much more this series will have anyway am still looking forward to seeing how things turns out

Users who are viewing this thread