I understand the story and chemistry between the characters pretty well, I was making a response about dazedaze1111’s comment that claims Hinako and Shiori’s having a lack of communication skills and the author needing to bring Miko to save it every time. Which, downplays the progress of Shiori’s character development and her relationship with Hinako. Shiori is obviously conflicted about her being around Hinako for her own safety and seems to be distanced to her in this chapter; it seems like lack of communication, but is giving us insight without the bigger moment happening (Hinako/Shiori deep convo) which is most likely will be in the next chapter. I love the buildup and can’t wait for the next release
You're right, I just want to say something with all due respect, of course. Miko isn't so much about solving their communication problems; it's more like helping a friend by giving advice. Of course, the first time at the zoo, Shiori didn’t know how to be open with Hinako, and when she talked to Miko, she gave her a piece of advice that she tried to follow as best as she could lol. In chapter 45, yes, Miko tells Hinako that Shiori loves her and cares about her, and that she could now talk to her and understand her, but Hinako wanted to talk to Shiori anyway—Miko just helped her organize her thoughts better. And right now, well, Shiori is feeling something very human, honestly. I don't really feel like Miko is holding her back; if anything, it's a little the opposite. She has someone to talk to because at the end of the day, if it’s not Hinako, she’s alone, and since they have couple problems lol, obviously it gets hard to know what to do. Sometimes talking to a friend helps, and I feel like that’s more Miko’s role: someone for them to talk to, organize their thoughts, and then actually be able to go to the other person and fix things.
As a good friend, because in the end, well, the two of them love each other, but of course, sometimes there are problems, and it becomes difficult to know how to approach them. Miko helps them organize that and handle it better. Because by herself, right now, Shiori does avoid Hinako, but it's because of the pain of feeling that her presence is bad for her. At the end of the day, it's something normal. She's not going to run and tell Hinako that she believes she's responsible for her life being a mess, when she's not. It's just hard sometimes, when there are problems, to know how to tackle them, and I feel that this is where Miko is more than just a mediator of communication—someone who helps them as a friend to know how they can start resolving the problems. First, she told Shiori to understand Hinako, then she brought it back to Hinako with Shiori, and now she tells her that her idea of leaving would hurt her because it's obvious that she cares. She's just someone giving advice as a friend, and the other two, being in love, do the rest. She helps, but I don't feel like she's so much the one who fixes what's missing not about communication between the two, but someone who helps them understand how they can communicate better with each other, that is, advice on how they can improve their problems. At the end of the day, Shiori is the first decent relationship she has had, and Hinako, needless to say, was in a bad state. Also, in high school, it’s hard to realize that sometimes talking solves more than staying silent. But even so, I also want to see what nice thing Hinako said to Shiori, and it’s clear that it will be a moment just for the two of them, which is nice because they’re seeking each other out, and it’s good that they can have these kinds of progress for each other. Sorry for so much text, but this is how I am when talking about things I like haha, sorry xd