We Shall Now Begin Ethics - Vol. 5 Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, that moment when you realize "Shit, this was made by someone... And also this... And that... How?"

Merry Christmas, everyone! Remember that if you receive a gift or give one to someone it was also the result of human labor. As this manga and translation are.

God, I missed this manga so much, seeing a new chapter pop out made me so happy.

Amazing chapter... and kind of a big relatable one.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck me, why couldn't this manga exist when I was a teen? Better yet, why couldn't I have a teacher like him? Would've helped me a lot.

I feel like this chapter just slapped me in the face. 100% relatable. Gonna fix my life.
Bless Reica for the translation

Contributor
Woo, Christmas chapter. Thanks!

Hm... I can't ask everyone in the world this, but most people I know would still do things even if there was no specific label like "labor." If all necessities are taken care of, people will still work. That's where the self imposed structure from the beginning comes in. Most people just don't know what they like doing. This may not specifically be the point of this chapter, but I think some of it is rooted in that.

Also, I can't blame the guy for mobage addiction. That shit was specifically designed just for that. A literal "don't blame the player, blame the game."

And man, the mangaka did just draw an entire page just to show off how hot Sensei is

Dex-chan lover
@Ryomi yeah, reading this as a teen would've been extremely helpful for me too, and about having a teacher like that, we had a philosophy teacher like that in high school, but you know how teenagers are, every single student basically ignored him until graduation... To this day I deeply regret it, when I remember of bits of what he tried to teach us

Dex-chan lover
I don't know about this chapter it feels more like a subject of pondering than drawing a conclusion or resolving the thought.

Aggregator gang
This was an interesting chapter to read at the end of a year where I've been poking at anti-work ideas.

I love this chapter. Thank you so much!

This is a fun topic to discuss—labor vs. leisure. I think leisure after labor is the best. Or should I say through labor/accomplishment, we build up a sense of self-worth, and we feel satisfied.

Leisure is fun and rewarding, but without any limit and intention, the time we spend on leisure ends up feeling empty because the excitement or relaxation we feel is only brief. After a prolonged period of leisure, the act of having leisure becomes hollow...

Group Leader
This is definitely going to be brought up later, the kid didn't learn anything other than the flower's name, this was just an introduction for him to open up in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread