We Shall Now Begin Ethics - Vol. 5 Ch. 25 - What I Love

1. Translator note, totally agree. Ideological conformity is for totalitarian regimes.
2. Caring for elderly family members, I'm lucky to have such a flexible employer.
3. Glad we're all caught up. So then, let's meet again in the time of ethics.

Dex-chan lover
Every new chapter in 2 months!
I can wait. With stories like this, it's always worth the wait.
Thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
Oh god. Every chapter of this manga is great and never fail me, but this one is something else.
I don't really relate in taking care of the elderly (although admittedly, I did tear up a bit when Haruyama cried), but Takayanagi-sensei's lesson about frustration, conflict, and building up tolerance stab me in the heart, because I've been having troubles about it quite recently. It reinforced my belief and feels like it strengthened my resolve to face my problems. It's something many people need to know, I feel. I especially love the bit "try to overcome it in baby steps". An advice many people truly need.
This manga continues to be one of my favorites, surprising me by every turn, and even giving me actual life lessons.
Glad we're caught up now, even if it means waiting every 2 months. It'll be worth the wait.
Let us meet again when it's time for ethics.
P.S. Takayanagi-sensei being dejected when he's left out is so cute lmao.

My parents are getting old and someday I will need to care for them. When the day comes, I hope I can face it like how Haruyama faces it, by remembering that ultimately it is done out of love.

Like a lot of other people in the comments are saying, Takayanagi saying to take things one at a time meant a lot to me. Thank you very much for translating.

interesting point about misused words, but I think most of older generation of Asians are too afraid of misused word incident. I think the Japanese is similiar with my Javanese culture. They are too subtle, I can't comprehend the real meaaning of their words. In the other hands, I also don't like the way of my younger brother generation speaking, too much swearing. Saying bitch, fuck, idiot, bastard (anjing, ngentot, goblok, bangsat) in every sentences is also kind of annoying. Do this kind of phenomenon also happenned in other part of the world? The elders are too subtle but the younger ones are too much swearing with bad words.

Dex-chan lover
@jimbo00 i feel you bro, the older ones are too subtle the younger ones are too vulgar. i just want to be in the middle ground.
just say what's wrong, and have conversation, but dont use swear words and turn the conversation into argument keep it civil.

Haven't gotten this kind of emotional in a while, thank you so much for the translations. And yea, twitter is a garbage site.

Users who are viewing this thread