Webtoon Character Na Kang Lim - Ch. 171 - Everyone Together!

Dex-chan lover
Eh. The series lost a lot of steam during its run. It repeated a lot of the harem cliches it shat on. For how much it tried to portray itself as a subvertive series or a deconstruction, Hyakkano did all that better.

I think the author themselves lost interest. This seems like a pretty lackluster ending with 1 chapter left. I expected a proper after-story. Less "7 year after" but more right-after they begin dating.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Authors doesn't have the balls to pick one girl, harem ending is the laziest one always.
Disagree. It's the opposite. Anyone who ever does a one girl or no girl ending with a harem series is a coward no-balls eunuch of an author. Do not make a harem series if you do not have the balls to end it properly. Just make it a one on one romcom, nothing forced you to start a harem mango.

One-girl endings in harems like Nisekoi are the shittiest, most unsatisfactory dogshit endings possible.

Dex-chan lover
Disagree. It's the opposite. Anyone who ever does a one girl or no girl ending with a harem series is a coward no-balls eunuch of an author. Do not make a harem series if you do not have the balls to end it properly. Just make it a one on one romcom, nothing forced you to start a harem mango.

One-girl endings in harems like Nisekoi are the shittiest, most unsatisfactory dogshit endings possible.
Not really. That's the least expected, more realistic ending you can get even if some people will get pissed. Making a harem ending is the equivalent of pulling a low rate gacha expecting crap characters and getting all the crap characters in the pull.

Dex-chan lover
Not really. That's the least expected, more realistic ending you can get even if some people will get pissed. Making a harem ending is the equivalent of pulling a low rate gacha expecting crap characters and getting all the crap characters in the pull.
My brother in Allah, you are reading a harem manga. Why are you expecting realism? It's wish fulfilly bullshit just like isekai slop. One girl endings are the antithesis to their existence.

A one girl ending series should start as a proper one-girl romance to begin with.

Group Leader
Authors doesn't have the balls to pick one girl, harem ending is the laziest one always.
Bro whatever do you even mean??? How is a harem ending the laziest one when WE NEVER EVEN HAD AN ACTUAL PROPER HAREM MANGA/MANHWA WITH A HAREM ENDING? :haa: Every single time those authors back out from the harem end out of cowardice and always either make the ending with 1 girl, or multiple endings.

Eh. The series lost a lot of steam during its run. It repeated a lot of the harem cliches it shat on. For how much it tried to portray itself as a subvertive series or a deconstruction, Hyakkano did all that better.

I think the author themselves lost interest. This seems like a pretty lackluster ending with 1 chapter left. I expected a proper after-story.
The 100 girlfriend is literally a gag manga with its whole concept built upon a harem, obviously if its going to portray a harem, it'll do a better job at it. I do agree the ending was pretty lackluster for Kang Lim, mostly because the authors were working on their new manhwa and were short on time, but you can't tell me how it's still not a unique manhwa from start to finish and most likely one of the best in its genre. People just can't accept the fact that it had the guts to go for a harem end after making each girl truly unique enough to make it impossible to choose from them.

Dex-chan lover

I think the author themselves lost interest. This seems like a pretty lackluster ending with 1 chapter left. I expected a proper after-story. Less "7 year after" but more right-after they begin dating.
Now that's a better idea for an ending. Knowing how they got to that x years later epilogue.

Dex-chan lover
My brother in Allah, you are reading a harem manga. Why are you expecting realism? It's wish fulfilly bullshit just like isekai slop. One girl endings are the antithesis to their existence.

A one girl ending series should start as a proper one-girl romance to begin with.
Tell you what there are romance stories that end up in harem, why not be a bit creative and do the opposite?

I'll be brutally honest here and I expect you to not act like this didn't happen: the author f*cked up the third act with something most fans didn't want (though I admit it was well written but it was the author's satisfaction and not for the fans). So they decided to "fix" it by giving the ending that would make people forget that last event happened.

To be clear I'm not saying it's a bad ending or anything. Just saying they chickened out by taking the expected (harem) ending.

Group Leader
Tell you what there are romance stories that end up in harem, why not be a bit creative and do the opposite?

I'll be brutally honest here and I expect you to not act like this didn't happen: the author f*cked up the third act with something most fans didn't want (though I admit it was well written but it was the author's satisfaction and not for the fans). So they decided to "fix" it by giving the ending that would make people forget that last event happened.

To be clear I'm not saying it's a bad ending or anything. Just saying they chickened out by taking the expected (harem) ending.
First of all; the author was always going for harem ending. There way WAY too many hints for that, starting from chapter ~40 to ~130. I won't say list them out here, I already did on our Discord.

Second; Where are those "romance stories" that end up in a harem? And what do you even mean by "be a bit creative and do the opposite? As I mentioned before, we literally NEVER had any harem manga/manhwas that actually ended as a harem. Those mangas that already had the main concept of it being a harem don't really count, like kanojo x kanojo or 100 girlfriend. There could be like 1 or 2 harem endings, but I don't know them at all that's for sure, so please enlighten me with them.

With that in mind, I think the Author didn't chicken out from anything, you just can't accept how it ended as a harem because you don't think its realistic enough or dislike the concept of it. In fact, the Author, even while fully knowing how this can split its fanbase, still went through with the harem, while most harem stories fail to go through with it and always just end with 1 girl or multiple endings.

Dex-chan lover
My brother in Christ the story has been built up and was always expected to be a harem ending why tf would the author do a suprise rugpull on the reader and suddenly end the story with him ending up with a single girl

Dex-chan lover
Choosing a single girl in a harem romance manga and making several different routes just to milk the series for more money is a coward way out only a true gigachad of an author would actually commit to going through with the true harem ending
I agree. More money coward. Not my point tho. I'm talking the harem end is the laziest (to write) one. You don't have to think of many scenarios or how to exolain and most importantly show how they went from point A to point B (end wise). Just go straight to point B. Again that's my opinion, if you don't agree, good, let's agree to disagree.

Dex-chan lover
My brother in Christ the story has been built up and was always expected to be a harem ending why tf would the author do a suprise rugpull on the reader and suddenly end the story with him ending up with a single girl
My brother in Christ, this is literally what I said: the expected ending. About your question why? Why do you litetally answered your own question.

Users who are viewing this thread