Webtoon Publisher "Kakao" preparing legal action against three only partially named big piracy sites/groups

Banned
https://x.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1826430012154687993

I just don't want this site gone.

9mkyehB.png

Manhwa isn't even that good anyway...

https://t1.daumcdn.net/webtoon/pdf/카카오엔터테인먼트_5차백서_240813.pdf

Contributor
I don't care at all about non-Japanese comics so whether they're gone or not it won't affect me since I filter them out, it's not a surprise for China to enforce copyright (and it's specified for a manhua site). For the scanlation group, I suppose it's /?/ but I don't remember anyone fitting in there, /a/nonymous has a lot of uploads but doesn't resemble (unless it's longer than three letters, no specific group comes to my mind, as for groups with "scans" on their name there are 45 pages just in Mangadex). Regarding the piracy site, there's just a lot of pages that start with a "M" and are aggregators + pirated official releases, taking into account the results on the browser and the fact it's older I assume they're referring to Mangahere. Anyway, if Mangadex is doomed we'll receive a word from the staff.

Last edited:
Contributor
/a/nonymous is the entirety of 4chan's /a/ board. Good luck suing that. But anyways, since it mentions the group got bought by a company, it was probably some fuck-huge group that never uploaded to mangadex in the first place.

In any case, hosting webtoons and chinese stuff has always been a mistake.
Probably it's that, a scanlation group that sounds something similar to Fakku regarding how they moved from piracy to something supposedly less illegal and only uploaded stuff in their web. I simply said that the only big group I'm aware are them, but it's unlikely as any other anons group such as /u/scanlation. I guess in the following weeks it'll be reveled.

Banned
manhwa isn't just a misspelled version of manga? and it's from China?

damn, so it really is just a cheap Chinese copy.
Manhwa is Korea's manga. Came about around the late 2000s and the early 2010s...

Manhua is the Chinese version. Came about when Manhwa was gaining traction.

Dex-chan lover
Some people speculated that it's Mangakakalot being on the hit list, but they're aware of Mangadex as well.

Dex-chan lover
MangaDex seems to be responsive to publisher takedown requests, unlike a lot of sites, and has been very clear about the 'no raws, no active official releases' rule. Are they on the list? Probably. Are they at the top of the list? I would wager not.

A fair part of the actions I've seen reported recently have been original-language sites or garbage tier aggregators posting original/official works. It's not like I'm actively following takedowns, but the impression I get is that the Korean industry is really trying to clean up their backyard first, and the Japanese industry is... going along with the push to do the same halfheartedly.

If I'm missing something, someone point me to a good source for the latest on the ongoing efforts so I can catch up, please-and-thank-you.

Dex-chan lover
ON BOARD

Wont be missed either way. Also seems like everyone agree so far

Great mind think alike:smugnako:

Group Leader
No big deal. The manga scanlation scene will be over in a few years anyway, with the current AI hostile takeover.

Dex-chan lover
Some people speculated that it's Mangakakalot being on the hit list, but they're aware of Mangadex as well.
Some subdomains of Mgk have been hit already but considering the plethora of Manhwa being hosted here its rather safe to say mangadex is definitely on the list.....

Users who are viewing this thread