Welcome Back, Alice - Vol. 1 Ch. 5.5 - Afterword

Contributor
Oh I see...

He writes manga not for his readers...

But for finding himself...

Aggregator gang
Well, this comment section went nowhere quickly. As usual, though.

There really is no need to jump to conclusions and start labeling things. Oshimi is a very reasonable person, and his issues with masculinity and self-image might well stem from something as common as low testosterone supplemented by judgmental or abusive attutude from others experienced during his teens.

I think it's a great thing that he's trying to figure this out through writing, basically trying to envision a situation strongly resonating with his own but hyperbolized just enough to let himself draw conclusions that his personal experience did not provide, or different in just such a way that would put his standing ideas and convictions to the test. And that's what's most important in my opinion. This is writing at its finest; an experiment jointly participated by the author and their audience.

this is what art is, a exploration of the writer/artist deepest thoughts. Its beautiful

Dex-chan lover
@smolbaka
Oh, the nerve of these people mentioning reality 😂

I was like, "Hmm, what's a terf argument? Maybe a kind of fallacy I don't know," but no, it turns out this author is now a radical feminist. Imagine my shock 😱

Banned
Agree with minmod

I ignore idiots saying "egg" or "trans?" Or bring up any sort of assumption of gender identity or sexuality onto a character.

Blocking them is my usual response to this.

I wish they wouldn't bring this stuff into comments. It usually erupts into arguments.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

wtf Kei, just because your pp is not hard enough? that is called "overreacting"

Dex-chan lover
Why not just call it as it is. A guy who doesn’t like to do guy things. You don’t have to be transgender. There’s people who cross dress. There’s females that like doing things that males do or act a certain way, those are referred to as tomboys. Not an insult just females that like doing things that are seen as guy things. But then you have sensitive people that see it as an insult, or rude people that treat it as an insult and then transgender comes around to try and make it better. But biologically your a guy who doesn’t like to do guy things which is fine.

There’s also the fact that humans have names for a lot of things…and people get offended when they think that name is bad. Like if a term has a certain meaning but people use that as an insult, then people start hating the term. And come up with a new term to try and make it better. Which gets frustrating

A guy who likes to cross dress and do girly things doesn’t mean he’s homosexual now. And if he doesn’t have a sex drive that’s fine. Biologically your the gender your born as. No semantics needed. But if you don’t like to do guy things then you don’t need to. People will always…how they are. Some are good, some are bad, and some are grey. You can’t change that there are bad people out there but you can choose to ignore them and surround yourself with good people (friends, family, ect) if there are people that don’t like that you don’t do guy things then just ignore them. It’s like being a cashier, you’ll come by some annoying people but they’re just strangers.

Welp rant over. If you don’t like it 🖕🏻

Users who are viewing this thread