Welcome to Japan, Elf-san! - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Investigation Permit - 2

Dex-chan lover
@Nunally

Me too. But I heard it's one that causes all lag and frequent server maintenance. Also, a temporary ads. Indeed, a root of all evil.

Why did they have to introduce that as what the natives wear to keep cool. In the desert sun being covered fro head to toe is the best, actually though she would wear something with a long skirt to keep herself cool like the men's kandura, or the algerian karakou(had to google for the name) or even a kaftan would have been better.

But I guess fan-service is a must and most won't care about the inaccurate representation of middle east

Dex-chan lover
@bythos in authors defense, those clothes, though historically innacurate, have kinda become whats common nowadays for fantasy arabian settings. For example you can go to one of the most famous adaptations of the arabian nights stories, disneys "aladdin", and im sure there are many others.
This is just what became the "popular norm" instead of whats accurate, kinda like after LOTR all elves in other works became tall, gracefull and supernaturally beautiful, while before that elves were generally more like gnomes, or hobbits.

The proofreading is still a bit rough around the edges, but it's still a decent release overall.

Thanks!

@Rhin

I didn't have any problem with author's choice of clothes, was just pointing out that the convo about it being there to keep themselves cool and then going and wearing a belly dancer costume, esp. when initially the author showed actual ME style clothes, was just a bit irksome. MC could have just been shown as wanting to see her in those clothes and it wouldn't have changed much of the plot except he would have looked like a adult with atleast a bit of experience.

@Treswimming
That was basically a dancers costume and if anybody is going in the desert sun for prolonged periods of time. This would just facilitate in them getting sunburnt and sand in every part of the body just like how people get sand in their underwear when they play in the sand on the beach in swim-wear. MC could have been shown(in thought bubbles) to have some inclination in dressing her up tham using this as an excuse.

Dex-chan lover
@bythos
It feels like dressing everyone else properly and giving our elf this skimpy suit was a way of telling 'Yes, I DO know how people deal with heat in that Hell's doorstep known as Middle East, but y'know, a mans gotta eat."

Dex-chan lover
MUHAMMAD AVDOL!

LimpingWhichHarpyeagle-size_restricted.gif

Users who are viewing this thread