Welcome To Room 305!

Contributor
Eeeeeh I am 90% sure I left a comment here a year ago, but I guess that was one of the ones that got rolled back when MD updated the servers way back when. It was just too tragic that a webtoon that made such a huge impact on me as a kid's only comment was one made by the site's most blocked user.

Anyways, I'm going to try to remember that review the best I can.

Despite its comedic tone and casual style, this goes over some heavy issues. A decade later, many of them are still relevant. Fortunately, some have become more common knowledge, like how now, it is much more common to frown on people who are overtly violently homophobic, no matter what the others' stances are.

The MC starts as someone like a lot of people back then-- uncomfortable by people who like the same sex, but out of ignorance and prejudice rather than for some specific reason. And as flimsy as that reasoning seems to be, it is something many homophobic readers may relate to, and hopefully learn from. I sure did, back when I was a child who didn't know much about the world that didn't directly impact me. So because it assumes the source of hate is ignorance, this manhua doesn't attack people for being homophobic, and instead focuses on trying to show that people are just people. Of course, this won't help if the reader is violently homophobic because they are inherently an irredeemable asshole, but they probably won't be reading more than a few chapters of this anyways.

With the influx of stories that go over this kind of subject, and even more with homosexual characters treated as humans rather than jokes (boy what a low bar), this one won't seem as influential to a person, but it is still worth a read, especially if you are someone who is on the fence about same sex relationships and gender identity.

But other than that major theme, it's also pretty funny with good characters and character development. You really start to feel for them after a while, even the annoying MC.

I'm glad I gave this a shot. I love it's exploration of sexuality in (what a quick google search gave me) a country that's still not accepting of non-straight people. This has gotten me to think and reflect more than I have in a long time. I'm curious as to what's happening with the translations though, I can't even find official translations on Amazon and I'd love to read more.

This is somewhat of a depressing manhwa simply because the attitudes towards homosexuals are so hostile even from the main characters who are young university students who should probably be a bit more open-minded. I wonder how accurate this is considering real life South Korean society?

Fed-Kun's army
Takes about 30ish chapters to stop despising the MC and nearly every side character. After that, it's a pretty good manhwa

@JayJay_Tracer sadly, this series can be awfully true to life (I come from a country where the situation is a little worse than Korea’s... and both are far from the worst places for LGBT people). It’s why I decided to work on it...

man I really do love this series, it tackles some really serious subjects while also having a bunch of interesting characters, though I do wonder why we don't see mina anymore in the later chapters

Well I am half- homophobia (I don't hate gay people, I hate gay behaviour. As long someone doesn't interrupt my life, I am ok). So I am here to learn how to live peacefully with people

I definitely had some good laughs with this series, aside from what everyone is talking. I liked it.

I think someone should put a warning in the description that this comic may be upsetting. Because it is.

Do you ever wish you could reach through the screen and punch someone for being an intolerant asshole who just won't listen and continues to be an asshole to someone who he knows nothing about and has done nothing bad TO him besides say he's gay? Yeah. MC is a HUGE homophobe. But. . . I am a believer in character development and the author KNOWS that this guy is (currently) unlikable so I'll keep reading this. It's. . . Just hard.

Also, the author very clearly isn't homophobic. I know this is "realistic" but it's also hard to read.

Users who are viewing this thread