What are some manga you’ve dropped for personal reasons.

Dex-chan lover
Not like “oh it’s boring” or “ I hate harems”
But like “this part personally affected me and I can’t continue”

For example I was interested in Futari Solo Camp. It looked like an interesting manga about a grumpy guy being forced to camp with an energetic girl.

But what it turns out the girl is annoying and pushy and uses the excuse of false sexual assault to force the MC to keep her around.

Made me sick.
3XpBRsa.jpg

Dex-chan lover
This (TL;DR is lack of gender equality in the beginning chapters) even if it gets better, the girl is pretty unfair to the guy, like you get to see it, he doesn't! She also makes changes to him without his consent and gets angry when  he makes changes to her body without her consent, a hypocrite, essentially. She also attacks his morals for something he didn't do even though she did it.

Dex-chan lover
For example I was interested in Futari Solo Camp. It looked like an interesting manga about a grumpy guy being forced to camp with an energetic girl.

But what it turns out the girl is annoying and pushy and uses the excuse of false sexual assault to force the MC to keep her around.
I had the same experience. That eyebrow harlot just wouldn't leave that poor old man alone and let him camp in peace for five goddamn minutes.

Semi-related for Kaguya Wants to be Confessed, while it wasn't quite series-dropping,
(that didn't come until all the nonstop Ishigami drama/wank)
my opinion of a character has never sunk harder in the span of a chapter than watching Chika cheat at board games.

Dex-chan lover
It was Asuperu Kanojo for me as my most recent example. It has great writing and characterisation which I enjoy but the subject matter doesn't make it a fun read and I've had enough of dark stories in general. Plus you know the extremely heavy nature of the subject matter is rough to read through.

Dex-chan lover
Works by Furuya Minoru. I did manage to finish Saltiness, but the other ones I try cut too deep with the darkness. The situations are too real and generate a lot of genuine anxiety for me. He draws intimidating strangers.
I didn't give up on reading the rest of his works, but every time I want to stop after 1 or two chapters and never return. The guy has a talent for writing the most awkward and painful social situations.

The manga I decided not to read anymore is Juujika No Rokunin, this manga is too much, not because of its torture or gore scenes but because of its plot. The author extended this manga to a long stretch instead of just finishing it and doing a great deal of justice for his fans.

Dex-chan lover
The manga I decided not to read anymore is Juujika No Rokunin, this manga is too much, not because of its torture or gore scenes but because of its plot. The author extended this manga to a long stretch instead of just finishing it and doing a great deal of justice for his fans.
that shit got old quick. shit so boring, rape scenes every 3-5 chapters, way too long.

Dex-chan lover
I dropped Wolf Guy when the sexual assault seemed to last longer than the Namek arc in DBZ, I think the writer just liked seeing the female lead get raped for multiple chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Couple of Cuckoos. The story was getting kinda muddy and I don't think the premise has very much potential. Also, to me, the fact that the Mc's "sister" starts to feel atracted to the Mc even though she has lived with him her whole life is kinda strange and I don't feel confortable with the concept of family relationships going beyond, well, family relationships.

Dex-chan lover
Couple of Cuckoos. The story was getting kinda muddy and I don't think the premise has very much potential. Also, to me, the fact that the Mc's "sister" starts to feel atracted to the Mc even though she has lived with him her whole life is kinda strange and I don't feel confortable with the concept of family relationships going beyond, well, family relationships.
I had to stop reading that series too, MC is a PoS that is like "I'm only interested in 1 girl" then keeps doing things that are beyond friend level with the other girls and stopping them moving on.

Its that old school harem rom com feel in a bad way taking many of the worst elements.

Double-page supporter
I had to drop long-strip comics because ones focus doesn't land in a predictable place. My adult onset Still's disease got to the point that scrolling images are difficult for me to process. For a while I was able to keep a handful of them, but lately I noticed I am avoiding all of them. It sucks because I really like Korean comics, but Japanese was my first love anyway and I can still read page by page without having a migraine. Bizarre, isn't it?

I'LL NEVER FINISH NOBLESSE! [tragic sob!]
Whatever, I've got an indoor toilet, bath & freezer, so I'm better off than billions of people on this planet. ... Dammit.

Dex-chan lover
I had to drop long-strip comics because ones focus doesn't land in a predictable place. My adult onset Still's disease got to the point that scrolling images are difficult for me to process. For a while I was able to keep a handful of them, but lately I noticed I am avoiding all of them. It sucks because I really like Korean comics, but Japanese was my first love anyway and I can still read page by page without having a migraine. Bizarre, isn't it?

I'LL NEVER FINISH NOBLESSE! [tragic sob!]
Whatever, I've got an indoor toilet, bath & freezer, so I'm better off than billions of people on this planet. ... Dammit.
Is it possible to use other sites that allow single pages (As in 1 manga page kinda thing) for long strip? I know it's not perfect but it would be better then not reading them.

Aggregator gang
One I remember dropping is Freak Island, not because it has excess gore and violence. Because I hated where the series went story wise, went from a family of psychos and killers having a entire island to themselves to weird mysticism and demonic magical bullshit. I liked it when the series didn’t feel like I was reading what was the author throwing darts with plot ideas at a board and seeing what worked.

Another one I remember dropping was Ingoshima. I initially liked the idea of people being stranded on an island trying to escape it. I hated the fact that there was rape like every other chapter, the fact it devolved into a shitty clash of clans type story and the fact that the girl who was hyped up to being a savior and badass was devolved into nothing more than another female character that was being raped by the islanders.

I had the same experience. That eyebrow harlot just wouldn't leave that poor old man alone and let him camp in peace for five goddamn minutes.

Semi-related for Kaguya Wants to be Confessed, while it wasn't quite series-dropping,
(that didn't come until all the nonstop Ishigami drama/wank)
my opinion of a character has never sunk harder in the span of a chapter than watching Chika cheat at board games.
bruh I dropped Kaguya
With the arc where the two childhood friend girls were fighting and then they decided they just weren't going to be mad about the problems they had with eachother anymore. that shits just gonna come to a head again, you didn't resolve anything

Dex-chan lover
ReLife. Sorry, but the whole concept behind letting an adult go back to high school with their mental age intact is so incredibly creepy. The fact that no one questions this up to the point I read it (around one third) also is unnerving.

Dex-chan lover
ReLife. Sorry, but the whole concept behind letting an adult go back to high school with their mental age intact is so incredibly creepy. The fact that no one questions this up to the point I read it (around one third) also is unnerving.
I find going back in time or reincarnations are fine de-aging so long as the MC isn't going after kids as love interests, once they are considered adults in their world all is fair game but yeah theres defo been a (more then a) few creepy series.

Dex-chan lover
I find going back in time or reincarnations are fine de-aging so long as the MC isn't going after kids as love interests, once they are considered adults in their world all is fair game but yeah theres defo been a (more then a) few creepy series.
Especially since they are not hentais but normal manga which the mangaka is trying to sell as serious. Hell, even the MCs handlers in ReLife say that dating high school girls is a-ok as long as he's just not chasing skirts but doing it out love. Which is very weird, because others feel that the relationship between the main love interest of the MC , who is 27/28 btw, is not that of two similarly aged teens, but one looking up to the other like a big brother or father.

Dex-chan lover
Especially since they are not hentais but normal manga which the mangaka is trying to sell as serious. Hell, even the MCs handlers in ReLife say that dating high school girls is a-ok as long as he's just not chasing skirts but doing it out love. Which is very weird, because others feel that the relationship between the main love interest of the MC , who is 27/28 btw, is not that of two similarly aged teens, but one looking up to the other like a big brother or father.
It's one of those catch 22's, realistically someone is as per your example 28 mentally but body wise he's what 16? While from the MC's real age a 28yr old gf would be fine society would just see a 28yr old female dating a 16yr old.

I'm always saddened many series don't have the MC/FMC's question themselves on what they want outside of at best a single line early on. Cause it raises multiple moral quandries like if the MC is over a hundred years old when reincarnated at so it's 16yr body/116yr mental. Does this mean they can't date anyone? Cause some would argue that even an 18yr old isn't mature enough.

Relife is a bit different though, as it's science on a time limit. I haven't read it though but from what I can see I'll have to give it a read but it sounds squicky.

Users who are viewing this thread