What are the stories behind your username and avatar.

Way back in the day, I get to played a game name KKnD Krossfire, and that wrong-spelling-but-still-readable name stuck in my mind for quite a while, so when I had to pick a username (for something I long forgot) I use that, but changed it slighty to make it more like a name rather than a verb. And I just use it in pretty much any sites and games ever since.

For my avatar, back in the days of Batoto, I used a pic of KC's Wo-class CV riding a floating fortress, so I want to use that again in my NU and MD account. But while I was searching for that pic in my folder I saw another one that's also cute, so I use that for the NU account instead. And now that I already change an avatar, I figure I'll also use yet another one for this account. So I scroll through my folder again and saw the full version of this pic. Since that pic was too lewd and too big, I just crop Iowa's face, which is the part I like about that pic ( that's SFW) and use it.

Whoo, boy...getting into some multi-tiered explanations for this one. So, first and foremost: I am absolutely horrible with names. Whenever it comes to naming a character, or coming up with an account name, or anything similar, it'll take me hours--sometimes days--to settle on one I'm satisfied with. I also tend to prefer simpler names, and the inherent issue with simpler names is that, 9 times out of 10, they're usually already taken. With that foundation set, let's begin.

The name Sleeper actually comes from my main character's handle in Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (the first one and Overclocked; I still haven't played the second one yet). However, due to the character limits, I rendered it as Sleepr, there. Sleeper, in turn, was inspired by two things:

1. The .hack franchise.
2. My actual life.

The .hack bit comes from the fact that, being a simulated MMO, characters have really short, succinct names. No one in .hack goes by "xXLord_Death_Reaper6969_the_Hell_DreadedXx" or anything like that, contrary to IRL MMOs. The most you'll get is camel-case names like BlackRose, or single words--Kite, Orca, Balmung, Natsume, etc etc. That all said, .hack was a huge influence on me when it came to online handles, so even to this day, despite having had nothing to do with .hack since the G.U. generation (I didn't really...bother with Link. Something about Tokio's outfit not changing at all bugged me more than it should've), I strive for simplicity in my handles.

The life bit comes from the fact that I really, really like to sleep when I have the time to do so. Between working, social obligations, and the fact that I try to get to the gym as often as possible, I consider my day-to-day life pretty active. So on my downtime, it's mostly spent either indulging in hobbies, getting whatever I didn't get done during the week out of the way with...or sleeping. And sleeping wins more often than not. So this has led me to have a reputation among my friends that I'm always sleepy, or always asleep. Hence, Sleeper.

As for the avatar, that's much more simple: it's a cropped screenshot of Uncle Death from the game Let It Die. I've loved Suda51's work from the first time I played Killer7, which I bought purely on a whim. And his depiction of the grim reaper is a lot like how I would prefer to imagine the grim reaper is: a little bit sadistic, and will absolutely wreck your shit if you push him...but he's otherwise a chill guy who'd rather pal around with his marks than give them the whole "fear the reaper" spiel. Fun fact: he changes glasses every time you meet up with him, and I knew I wanted the X-Ray specs, so I actually had to reload the main menu a few times to get these to pop up.

My username actually was longer, but I like it short and simple. Back in the day, I actually like multiplayer games more than anime and was very bad at it. Played "Battlefield 3" with friends, getting spawn killed was a norm for me and ironically, the username I liked and used at most the time was 'ironsight' as I just can't aim shit.
Soon after i grow tired of the that nick, changed it to 'RespawnNinja' for my past experience. Also later I played "Borderlands 2", a looter shooter. Favourite character Maya, loved her snipe heal/resurrection skill. Bug or not it was possible to 'res' a player from miles away. Support classes are fun .
Either way, the concept behind the 'respawn' word was growing on me, specially after reading a manga called 'All you need is kill' and a associate movie called 'Edge of tomorrow'. You die but respawn back in a time loop and get stronger in the process.

Well, I changed my name a few times after that, from RespawnNinja to RespawnRage to just 'respwn'. Though I want to end my chuuni phase but still like the concept thats why I am sticking with it.

I like it if my online friends just call me 'res' (if I have any friends or they exist in the first place XD)

My avatar doesn't have long history like this, I just changed it accordingly the anime/Charecter I like the most.

Ps: I wanted to shorten the name to 3 letter 'res' , but that name was either taken or too short in most of the site.

@Douteigami The combination of username and the way your icon almost seemed to be looking at your post in begrudging acceptance killed me. Good on you.

Dex-chan lover
Just imagine one day walking into your friend, "Oh! Hello xXLord_Death_Reaper6969_the_Hell_DreadedXx!! How's your day?"

Small talk with bad MMO names would get wild really fast.

"Oh, it's been so long! I've been well! Did you hear that BigBootyElfGirls is getting married?"

Name: stole from someone who probably stole it from someone else
Pic: i rike kila

Name: Take my real name, transliterate it into Chinese characters, takes the English translation of those characters and translate into Japanese, write the result as romaji.

Avatar: I really like Yuki from Catulus Syndrome!

Dex-chan lover
Not very special,
but my name has history,
esoteric one.

Ok, obligatory haiku out of the way. EOTFOFYL is an acronym which stands for: End Of Turn, Fact Or Fiction, You Lose

It's based off of the Magic:The Gathering card Fact Or Fiction, an iconic card to veterans and dedicated players.
Image.ashx

The card once had a reputation in the community for being both powerful and extremely skill intensive (This ancient article can explain most of the stuff). In fact, I sometimes make it a ritual to target people as a test. It was iconic enough that it was payed Homage in another set via Truth or Tale.
Image.ashx

It has since seen reprinting in multiple sets including a Collector's product on the game's 20th anniversary and still shows up from time to time.
----------------------------------------------------------
As for question two,
Nothing special here.
----------------------------------------------------------
@BlackGeneral

Wow, I expected a much grandeur origin story. More normal than I anticipated.

Username: Taken from a game because I liked it, then proceeded to forget for 4 odd years where it came from, the google search made me realise how bad my memory is.

Avatar: My favourite class from Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk, slippery buggers the Shinobushi, granted it's a tossup between them and the Demon Reapers... both equally devoid of actual clothes really.

my name just means 'trash' and its rather fitting.
also
default-avatar users, UNITE!!

Dex-chan lover
I got my username from sword art online when it was still being hosted on baka tsuki eons ago. I remember it being the gun gale arc or whatever it was called (I forgot) but yeah it was mentioned there I liked it and i've used it ever since.

As for my avatar I usually use Gasai Yuno from Mirai Nikki because she's cute as fuck but I rotate every now and again right now i'm using Saeko from H.O.T.D cause she's hot and crazy.

Username is just a combination of letters from my real name, slightly jumbled. Came up with it back in college in the early aughts, when everyone at school was on AOL Instant Messenger. I remember the 'bleating sheep' being the most popular notification sound in my hall; every day you could sit in the common area and hear many a "baaaaaa" going off at any hour. Got old quick.
Avatar is one of my favorite Harry Potter characters, Bellatrix Lestange(childhood version), from an artist on Livejournal who drew real and imagined HP scenes in the PowerPuff Girls style, way back when the books were coming out. Thus, Potterpuffs. The Potterpuff wallpaper the icon was taken from has young!Bellatrix magically breaking one of her cousin young!Regulus Black's toys, with young!Sirius Black yelling in the background. Which should explain the text.
I feel old now.

I've been using this username for 5 years now.
It came from the movie Leap Through Time. That movie really touched me and hoping I could actually return in the past to changed the mistakes I've done. But in reality I can't.
So I changed the Time = Star because stars are unreachable but even so it's would stay there for millions of years.

As for my avatar, it's pretty random.

Juiceboat is an evolution of my old username "Juice Boy". The Juice part comes from the character Jyushimatsu from Osomatsu-san (Juice being a nickname for the character cause Jyush sounds similar to Juice) and boat coming from my frustration with the username "Juice Boy" and "Juice Boi" being taken on Instagram. I originally just used Juiceboat when Juice boy was taken but it grew on me, so now I use it for most things

My profile pic is from Kenja no Mago, I don't remember the characters name cause I only watched the first couple episodes before dropping it

Users who are viewing this thread