What are the stories behind your username and avatar.

Fed-Kun's army
A friend of mine was getting bored of his Minecraft username, so he decided to randomly generate a new one and decided on "vibn".
Another friend of mine drew a face in skribbl.io and it looked stupid enough to warrant stealing.

I remembered a your momma joke that my friend told me and for some reason I choose to write your momma in swedish. Don't really remember why

"LowSanity" like you can see it implies that i'm barely sane. I came up with the name after playing warhammer 40k dawn of war and hearing one of my units saying "sanity is for the weak".

My avatar is an old meme, i sometimes use
Jan-Onufry-Zag%C5%82oba.jpg

0025932.jpeg

He's a fictional character that's a comedic relief in otherwise serious book series.

Double-page supporter
Came up with my username back on Batoto following an old habit of mine of choosing flower-ish and slightly pretentious names: "Night" because of my mostly nocturnal reading habits, "Lily" because it's a nice flower and the symbol of my hometown, Florence (nothing to do with yuri, funnily enough, I only realized the connection afterwards), and "girl" because I'm... a girl (I know right, what a twist!). The extra "-" is because I forgot my password once and had to create a new account... I just decided to keep it in when I moved over to Mangadex haha.

The avatar is from this collection of stories https://mangadex.org/title/22310/hayai-hanashi-ga-ikutsuka because I thought it looked cool and quite fitting with the username.

On another note, it's quite interesting what the story behind a username can tell about someone! I'll keep an eye on this thread ^^

Came up with it when joined chatango ages ago. It was around 3 AM so I was pretty sleepy :) The one before that was the one my dad gave me Lazula.

Too lazy and tired to change default pic 😅

Never realised there are so many stories behing a simple username. Its amazing

My username was something I chose with the fact in mind that I am both a fan of mythology and history and have a particular fondness for manga with mythological themes. Thus I came up with "Albwin", an Old High German name with the meaning of "elf friend" that came out of use sometime during the middle ages. Its meaning can be taken quite literally so if we analyze the name components, with "alb" meaning "elf" and "wini" meaning "friend", although the final "I" is lost in person names.
Additionally, the username hints to me being German, an important part of my identity but likely more due to the fact that I am seriously enarmoured with my native mythology which is unknown even to most Germans, sadly.

Regarding my avatar, I have drawn it myself despite lack of talent to conceptionalize my very username. Is the old tree spirit who is leaning on his cane and listening to the elf next to him the friend of that elf or is it the elf who is reading out loud for his friend? I leave it up to your imagination.
The presence of tree and owl also is a hidden hind on my third field of interest, biology, the more so as I am in fact a biologist.
The book represents the importance of text media both fictional and factual for me. A day without reading is a day without sense.

That's about it. There are no further deeper thoughts behind either username or avatar, the ones already existing being plenty already.

Greetings,

Albwin

Well I am quite the fan of Jordan Peterson and everything related to psychology, but foremost I’m a weeb.
So, those two ideas started wrestling in my mind and, after few minutes, came to this mutual understanding:
The man studying weeb's psychology, Jordan Weeberson.
Quite the bloody pun, isn’t it.

As for my avatar, it’s a picture of Jordan Peterson taking firmly 2 of my favorite waifus(Mugi and Satania) in his arms.
(I’m wanted to give him a "strict father aura".)
I also put the MangaDex Logo on his shirt, and some “weeb’s stuff” in the background.
I am sure not an expert in montage but I’m happy with the result.

@Jordan_Weeberson
That’s kinda ironic considering that Peterson “cures”/helps weak, childish males who don’t grow up and can’t properly handle their lives, ie. weebs. We are the definition of what he wants to fix in this world.

I was impressed with his rationality and respect to data and actual science over emotions and wishful thinking until I discovered that he actually doesn’t respect science and prioritizes his own opinions over what experts of the particular fields claim (eg. climate change), which means he is sadly not that much different from most extremist and simply hides it better with smooth talking. I still respect him for many interesting psychological analyses, but not as a scientist or rationalist.

Arantir, name of a Necromancer Death Lord in turn based RPG game Heroes of Might and Magic V Expansion : Tribes of The East. i really like playing the games using the Necropolis faction. u know what, im gonna boot that game and play it again now.

Laying about during the spring, on the carpet being bored out of my mind. Then suddenly, out of nowhere, a revelation from the heavens:

PineconeOfWisdom

It fits the 16 character limit most sites have, and was unique but catchy enough to be a decent name.

Dex-chan lover
idk . it actually quite stupid
when i try to make a account, the username box filled with this "guest_4235" kind of thing. turns out every new user is given that name as default like guest_4321 or guest_113 to show how many user have been registered in that site.
cuz i am lazy and cant thing any original one ,i just add mr and dot (.) and there you have it. mr.guest
(i know MD doesnt want my little dot character (.) for my username , is shame for me tho)
the Avatar? well it goes along with word "guest" ,a mere lurker on internet/forum who using a mask to hide identity.
eh...i just come up with that excuse to use mask avatar. might add mustache for extra layer of guest

Dex-chan lover
My username comes from an old sea shanty called The Wild Goose
In the song several singers call out Ranzo! Ranzo! Ranzo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeaWvvJjup0
I thought it sounded pretty cool and there you have it

My current avatar is Iris from Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami
I change my avatar pretty regularly

Double-page supporter
I first used this username on
KissManga when I finally gave in and made an account
back when Gabriel Dropout was airing and the No Bulli meme was running rampant.
I keep changing my avatar, I just use what I like. Usually they're crops from some manga I'm reading.

Diseaseguy was made when I was in high school, when I was fairly addicted to playing DOTA (not the new one DOTA 2, the one made for warcraft 3 frozen throne). Lost an email add password that day cant for the life of me remember so I made a new email. I was playing with the hero "Undying" (can't remember the name now) and just thought what the hell. Made my email like somethingsomethingdiseaseguysomethingsomething@y.c. Made use of the idea ever since. Even influenced my decision in making a Nurgle-based army for tabletop Warhammer 40k.

Out of sheer curiosity, I googled "Introvert" in Japanese. "Naiko" came out and went, "That's a nice name. I'll just add an extra 'u' at the end", and its been my internet name since then.

As for the profile pic, I took from the illustration for Soul Nomad's rearrange track because it looks slick and Soul Nomad is one of my favourite games partly because of Gig. The character in the pic itself is Revya.

That's pretty much it.

I change names and avatars rather often, but this one is from the Overwatch League team New York Excelsior (back when I changed to this name, they were completely dominating the league in Season 1, not today LMAO). Avatar is an OC by the mangaka of Jahy & SekaiIchi Oppai, Konbu wakame.

likely my name that i westernized
and my avatar is from one of the Artis that i really like, Range Murata

Users who are viewing this thread