What are the stories behind your username and avatar.

Dex-chan lover
I’m always known as the creative type
Untitled-1.gif

I turned a power gaming group of dnd players into one of the best rping places
AbsoluteIncompatibleBluefish-max-1mb.gif

I kind just got the nickname of immortal artisan for the sheer amazingness of it
ThreadbareRealisticCob-size_restricted.gif

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
DND GFG session when?

@MawMaw and why did they call you maw?

Dex-chan lover
@Richman
short of my name duh, theres like two or three different easy nick people called me but I like maw the most.

Dex-chan lover
i've been called hazzack since a long time ago and is apparently a common name somewhere and at a time. pfp has no relevance to this

Dex-chan lover
Irl nicknames are great, they help people feel closer to one another. When I use nicknames I usually call people by the first syllable of their names, or something close to it.

My friends in school had some funny nicknames for me as well, like b*tch, loser, or fa**ot. Haha, good times, good times. :^D

Username is my favorite color and some numbers. Avatar is of my favorite isekai heroine and one of the many entertaining expressions she has graced us readers with.

About the username is a history from long, long time ago
It was when the 13~14 years old me was trying to get into the internet and realized that was gonna need an internet name AKA an username
Without much creativity, the young me tried to search for some inspiration in her own bedroom, but was unsuccessful
Still trying to find something to spark an idea she looked at her cellphone, then, the gods blessed her with the light she seek
It was a card game (which the name I lost and also ended up closing that year) where the cards had their own names and a regent god
There was a card named Kara (it was normal rarity, so it was pretty bad and weak) under the regency of the goddness Luna
Aaaaand now here we are, using the same username everywhere for years (if nobody has already stolen it) and from time to time being called cheap copier by people that, by some reason, have very similar username

While the avatar its just a cute scene from the April Fools parody of The Gray Garden (I love both the parody and the original), where the genderbent version of Kcalb realize it lost herself in the florest (and that i end up using everywhere together with my username because always looks good (* ^ ω ^) )

well i explained this in my introduction in another thread but my username is based off of this ol' video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EiDiriAmfk
I chose it at the time because it embodied my hunger for good manga reads to "chew on," as well as my fury at being deprived of all the good reads I had on manga rock. Them shutting down and giving me less attractive alternatives for reading was like them offering me poisonous pickle juice and telling me to drink it. I WANTED TO CHEW.
And I chose my avatar because something about baby yoshino glued to a window looking out with a kind of ambiguous expression that could be read as disdain, reminiscing, neutral, dead, tired, empty, pining, admiration, disgust, or deep in thought best represented my feelings while reading manga and comments. She looks like she wants something to chew. Perhaps she is not satisfied just looking at what is beyond the glass and wants to be on the other side of it, like a child looking into a bakery. Or maybe whatever is on the other side has caused her to be unsatisfied, and she barely manages to cover her dissatisfaction on her face, like a child who wanted to play outside looking out the window to a rainy day, wishing it would stop.
My avatar also represents my sometimes inability to emote enough using my face. While I may be elated in my mind, that happiness may not show on my face or in my voice. It is like a glass wall keeps me from doing so. People in my life actually find it funny, and I'm not always expressionless, so I don't really mind this little trait of mine.

I was suffering from depression years ago and I watched this movie called The Girl who leapt Time.

I also want to become that girl to go back in time and fix my past since I am unsure about my future.

But then again, it is impossible. So instead using Time I used Star. I know both of them are hard to reach but with stars I know I can always see them in the present and future.

Dex-chan lover
>Emperor
Kaiser > Emperor in German
カイゼル
Kaizel

Kaizel > Kaizeel

Users who are viewing this thread