What Do You Think Happens When You Die?

Dex-chan lover
Hey, two threads in a row.

Let's get deep and philosophical for a minute. What do you think happens when you die? Maybe Reincarnation? perhaps Heaven and hell? or Rot in the ground? Cause mines the last one. No scientific evidence of a soul, and the brain houses your memories and personality. When it dies, so do you.
I am just here to say your brain does probably not contain all of your memories and personality, as we have neuron in a lot of other place, and other stuff that may or may not influence memory.

now please just let me die if I die, like non conscience make you unable to care for anything and that seems like a good end
or make a girls a least in the next life thanks

I try not to worry about this question anymore because when I die, then I'll be dead. There's no point in me worrying about it right now when I'm alive and can keep living this gift I've been given.
But to answer the question, I find myself really drawn to pantheism and its belief that God and the Universe are one and the same. Everything is part of a greater unity, and that unity is divine and all-encompassing. It's not a personal immortality, but when you "die," you don't really die. You continue living on, becoming the world around you, staying forever united with God.
I think that Clare Harner's poem "Do Not Stand By My Grave And Weep" is a great illustration of what I'm trying to get at.

Fed-Kun's army
Well I know I'll become energy, what kind of energy depends on how my burial is handled, then I'll return to becoming part of nature, like I have always been.

Nature is what gave birth to me, and where I'll return.

Dex-chan lover
My consciousness stops while my body starts to rot. The ants will start feasting on my eyeballs in a few hours.

People pretend to mourn for another stranger's death just like they usually do. A certain person especially will milk the event for monetary gains and attention. The world goes on.

:aquadrink:

Double-page supporter
I suppose it' not different to fall in coma or asleep. I'm pragmatic on that : i don't know, i just hope it won't hurt too much.

Truth be told, no idea. I grew up religious so I know what my religion tells me but thanks to my upbringing I have a very open mind (which sometimes makes my religion difficult - trials by faith and all). I do remember when I was younger I had the typical "I'm not afraid of death" mentality, but now that I'm older and I'm closer to it - its definitely something I think about a bit more.

The scariest part of it all to me is the only ones who truly know what happens when we die are those who are already dead.

Dex-chan lover
Someone else has to deal with my accumulated crap.

(I guess this is literally true, since one of the things that happens on death is a pretty thorough release of the bowels... but also all the things I've collected that have essentially no meaning to anyone else. 'Why did he have a dozen different recordings of Handel's Messiah on LP?' Because FUCK YOU, that's why.)

Dex-chan lover
I Believe that, If i die naturally, someone'll have to dress me in my good clothes, my accounts will be terminated and all my funds withdrawn, I'll be burried in the mfamily´s grave, people will throw white roses on my coffin and, yeah, that's basically it

I Hope i became immortall before that happens. But probably not, so reincarnation is the second best option. Preferably with some or all of the previous memories because i prefer my current way of thinking mostly.

Dex-chan lover
you die when you die.
lowkey hope there's some kind of reincarnation system based on karma or soemthing like that as a neat reward/incentive (I'm not asking to be an isekai protagonist with his monstergirl harem or anything, althought it would be cool).
if there's a god out there, it better not be the kind that expected to be worshipped every day from the moment I was able to cause ktherwise, none of us are making it.

Users who are viewing this thread