What game do you regret purchasing?

Aggregator gang
Kingdom Hearts 3, I'm a KH fan and love kh1 and kh2 to death, even COM. KH3 just was kinda a disappointment, not a bad game, but not a good game either, mediocre at best, the first 2 hours and last 5 were the best part, the rest felt like filler bullshit. I payed full price aswell, it may be worth the money if it was 20-30 dollars.

Dex-chan lover
@findyy123456

You got a point. That’s something to be concerned about. I have yet to make a purchase on FF7 Remake. But I’m still interested as to how the experience will be overall. Nostalgia isn’t a huge factor for me. Hopefully it won’t feel like XV. Or worse (the game play like Watchdogs 1) have a surprise downgrade.

Dragon Age Inquisition, it straight up killed my fatty PS3. Then I got a new one for 100€ and got to play it, MMORPG boring busywork (I love MMOs, but not in single player), uninteresting characters, ultra low res textures, FPS drops, crashes and there was one bug where a loud banshee like screech would blast in loading screens. Then EA dropped technical support with a "haha losers, go buy it for PS4/Xbox One". Sold every EA game I had except Dragon Age Origins and vowed to never buy any EA related game ever again. Could not be more right on that decision.

@Xzayer FFXV development stopped and restarted from the beginning at least 2 times: when switching from PS3 to PS4 and the Unreal Engine and when changing producers from Nomura to Tabata because it was getting nowhere with Nomura (he's a great designer and producer if he is under watch of someone else). That's how you get a game completely different from what was promised with characters being dropped and added every trailer. It's nothing short of a miracle it ended up releasing and turning profit for Square Enix. I think Tabata said in an interview the game is not finished.

GTA5. and I regret not because the game is bad ( it's amazing) but because I'd bought this game and few days later I've won one more gta5 for free at https://drakemall.com/... so I had spent money for no reason :D It was really unexpectable for me to win but anyway it made me very happy :)

The only game I ever truly regretted getting was Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness. The controls were really clunky, the crop/weather system was annoying, somehow the game makes eating needlessly difficult, and EVERYTHING IS MANDATED BY THE TOUCH SCREEN!!!!!! Yeah, re-sold it on Ebay afterward.

Farming Simulator 2013 on Steam. Back then: eh, why not? Now: waste of money even though I put 210h in it. Well, lesson learned, every other game was "free".

The only game I regret buying in recent memory would be Tales of Zestiria. I had known the game was bad well in advance, having even bought Berseria before it, but I decided to drop $20 on it just to see how bad it was. It had some nice ideas, but the RNG equipment was not one of them (that idea being mostly fixed in Berseria, thankfully), learning new attacks involves invisible number bullcrap tied to the title system, and you were actively punished for playing as the other party members due to everyone that isn't the main character being hyper focused on one element in a game where targeting weaknesses is a big part of damage output. This is before even getting into how bad the camera is in battles. It's got a good soundtrack though 🤒

For me, I regret purchasing the game called LocoRoco. Why? Because I played it before (LocoRoco 2.) I thought it was the same with LocoRoco but since it isn't, I just didn't played it and it's just sitting in my cabinet full of games. LocoRoco is bad. It's boring although it's cute and the background music they choose are good. I get bored easily by playing the same game everyday. Although I just bought it, I got bored real fast because all it does is jump and go to other places unlike LocoRoco 2 which has a full story and can change characters. LocoRoco is just plain boring but for those of you who actually enjoy LocoRoco, then I congratulate you for buying it and actually enjoying the game. LocoRoco isn't exactly popular but the LocoRoco 2 is really amazing. The first one was bad but the second one is worth buying although I still don't have it to this day. This is just my opinion about the game but if you really enjoy LocoRoco 1 and this post made you sad, then I'm sorry. I'm not just that type of person to play this type of game. I would really recommend buying LocoRoco 2 though. Trust me, it's amazing. I mean it's not really amazing but it has its own flaws to it.

@Vexal

Oh god, are we talking about that Tales game where the game producer Hideo Baba suddenly fell in Love with Rose's voice actor so he shelved the previously team designed heroine Alisha in favor of pushing Rose? I heard he went full retard and pulled strings to force the entire plot to revolve around Rose and even removed the central critical surprise story plots revolving around the Red dress Lady of the Lake Seraphim character Lailah. That last portion of the game where it becomes the Rose is op show is his fault.

He was a pretty spineless fellow in the end, he forced the voice actor for Rose to apologize to Japanese fans (they were REALLY not pleased with the heroine baiting and how bad the game was) and then disappeared. He tanked the game's sales and his career so badly that he got promoted upwards to prevent him working on Tales of Berseria and was eventually forced out (in all but name) in 2017 because everyone at the company hated him after that.

These threads had the comment I found out about it. Just search Hideo Baba, Rose etc.
https://old.reddit.com/r/tales/comments/c52k23/so_about_hideo_baba/
https://old.reddit.com/r/tales/comments/dpnb50/how_was_rose_and_alisha_treated_in_zestiria_story/

(It did not help that the company sold skins and pushed their character Alisha thinking she was still the Main Co-protagonist.)

Contributor
Smash 4 (3DS/WiiU).

Not because it was a bad followup/sequel to 64/Melee/Brawl or anything, but because of real life commitments throwing a wrench into my usual gaming habits.
Smash4 ended up being my least played title in the series by a large margin, and by the time I was able to game semi-regularly again, Smash Ultimate was around the corner.
I might as well have skipped Smash4 altogether.

Dex-chan lover
Doom and The Witcher 3

The Witcher is not for me, too much RPG. Doom i dunno, at least the first hour look like a normal zombie game with a dude too angry to die.

Dex-chan lover
@Ruwan

Which Doom and Witcher games are you referring to? Oh and yeah doom guy is literally someone took angry to die.

Just Cause 3 - I only paid $5 for it, but the bullet sponge enemies, no difficulty setting, non-upgradeable low player health with slow regen, and the extreme ease of being knocked down made for the most frustrating game I have ever played.
Dragon Age Inquisition - I could write a 15 page paper of all the problems I have with this game.
Fable 3 - I'd rather crap into hands and clap then ever play this again.
Medal of Honor Airborne - A tactical World War 2 shooter. That is not tactical, just stupid diffcult.
Shadow of Mordor - I got the 360 edition. Enough said.
Perfect Dark Zero - A prequel that feels disconnected to its own series.
RAGE - So much potential, so little used.
Darkness 2 - A campaign shorter than a CoD campaign.
There are more, but I can't remember.

Contributor
@TK4096
Dragon Age Inquisition - I could write a 15 page paper of all the problems I have with this game.
Times New Roman, 12 font size, single-spaced?
Why don't you start with the gameplay-related issues?

Dex-chan lover
Final Fantasy 15. Reading fanfiction with proper headcanons makes more sense and makes me cry more than playing the games. Yeah spare me the lecture about how many heartfelt and anguish lessons that game provides, I get it. There are just too many important things happen behind the scenes. That game ended up being abandoned by its own creators anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread