What game do you regret purchasing?

@justforthelulz some of this is definitely nitpicky, but you asked. I am also not including some things because I've already be in a few flame wars.
-The combat is slower then DA2, but slightly faster then DAO. If Bioware was trying to strike a balance between the two, they failed.
-The removal of tactics (or behaviors) is inexcusable. No more cross-class awesomeness.
-The skills for all the classes are lacking in both ideas and presentation. Example: The two-handed skill 'Whirlwind' is suppose to look like a Zelda-style spin attack, looks like the character is trying to spin one of those weight training balls. DA2's 'Whirlwind' would make Nintendo proud. The rogue class also has a similar skill that is the character jumping forward and spinning like a top. The mage class has a skill that is just a macross missile massacre.
-The mage class in DA2 was badass. Animations, skills, and some armors made the mage class look and feel just as tough as the other 2 classes. In DAI this is all thrown out the window to make the mage class look unappealing and under developed. Also the mage's barrier degrades over time (the blue bar over the health bar), but the warriors guard (the metal looking bars over the health bar) doesn't? What to the what?
-I know basic attack animations were changed so as to be easily looped, but they've lost alot in doing so. Example: DA2's rogue animations had spins and kicks that made Hawke look like a ninja. DAI has two different sets of basic attack animations. One set is just some simple slashing, but other is this weird set of cringe worthy stabs.
-Removal of healing spells. There is only one in one the mage specializations but it's very weak.
-Class specializations are either repeats from old games (templars and reavers), poorly thought out (enchanter, artificer), useless (rift mage, nercomancer, and tempest), or all of the above.
-The weapon and armor addons (sleeves, boots, sword crossguards, etc) brings back the mirco-management that made the first Mass Effect's inventory a nightmare. DAI also makes this worst because weapon and armor addons take up the already limited inventory space.
-Outside of some unique ones, the armors that the Inquisitor uses are just slight variations of one another. One of the long coats is used by both the rogue and mage classes.
-Party members have only a few different armor designs. The biggest difference is the colors.
-The DLCs need you to be properly leveled before tackling them, but don't tell what level.
-Speaking of levels, it is possible to encounter enemies 10 or more levels higher than you in the starting area. DA2 locked quests and areas (as rumors) until you were the right level.
-DAI doomed the Gray Wardens. Unless you don't care what your party thinks of you.
There's more, but I think I've made my point. And yes, DA2 had it problems, and DAO was a chore at times. So none of them are flawless, but DAI IS the worst.

Dex-chan lover
I spent $60.00 Canadian back in the day when PSU came out (Phantasy Star Universe) and it was sooooo freaking bad. I think I played 1 hour of it and then threw it away. Totally regret.

Aggregator gang
Botw,halo5,gears4,mario bros (last mario game i touched), pokemon x, skyrim,witcher 3, heavy rain and eso

Double-page supporter
Final Fantasy XIV. I did it to be closer to the guy I fell in love with, and I quit about two years later after he broke our engagement and dumped me

(Don't worry... I learned my lesson. I'm all right now)

Contributor
@ElBichoRaro
There's a potential Lifetime Movie to be made out of this, I can smell it.
I can see it now: The Games We Play

But seriously, if you're doing better nowadays, that's what's really important.

Double-page supporter
@justforthelulz I am, fortunately. I learned that I'm better off alone, which isn't the same as being lonely, and I don't need a man to validate my status as a woman and person. It was just coming from a lifetime of abuse that I'd look for the tiniest bit of kindness and latch on to it, but I'm in a better place now. Therapy helped a lot.

Double-page supporter
@justforthelulz I play some RPGs, strategy games and Mass Effect when I'm on vacation. I could've sworn video games off entirely, but hey, bad memories shouldn't sully what I enjoy. Except for MMOs, which are prohibitively expensive for me. So it's the single-player life for me :D. What about you?

Also, FTR, Mass Effect and Skyrim were presents from my ex. I simply decided that they're not at fault for him being a narcissistic P.O.S

Sword Art Online Re Hollow Fragment and Death end re;Quest

DerQ i don't regret buying one bit. The story is amazing, the voice acting is top notch and the music is NieR and Persona level fantastic. The only thing that disappoints me a little bit is how EVERY SINGLE PLACE IN THE GAME IS A DUNGEON. The game is literally a full blown dungeon crawler and so far there is no such thing as a town or a safe zone with no monsters. The gameplay could also be a little better, when dashing around for a while, the character you are using starts to pant which can get REALLY annoying after a while, someone might think i'm watching hentai. The combat is awesome but the way you get new skills can be extremely tedious because after a while, combinations either stop working or the game's rng doesn't allow you to get the skill.

SAO I have only bad things to say about. I'm definitely not a fan, the game is also a dungeon crawler but actually has towns and a more safe feeling aspect to it. Not only that the game could feel semi open world with the amount of areas you can go to. But for some reason THE GAME FEELS LIKE IT HAS NO STORY. My progress got reset so I had to restart but the only relevant amount of story so far was at the beginning of the game and after that is either random non story related events or STRAIGHT GAMEPLAY which I could get behind if it WASN'T SO TEDIOUS. The gameplay is similar to DerQ with the premise of "Kill monsters, get through the dungeon, fight a boss, repeat." Skills are also hard to get because it takes like 50 million points to get 1 skill which you get for leveling up. The level system is bogus, literally BOGUS. It feels like a Destiny grind where you completely forget about it until the game informs you that you already got it. All in all the game could've done so much more with it being a remake of the ps3 game.

I'm sorry for writing these like game reviews, I have a habit of going into detail of the smallest of things.

Fed-Kun's army
-Mass Effect Andromeda: No explanation required.

-Kingdom Come Deliverance: It's not a "bad" game by any means. It does what it does well, but what it does is extremely slow, frustrating and boring. I'm sure it's for some people, but it's not for me.

-Final Fantasy 12: I know that a lot of people liked it, but as for me I didn't like the story, the music, or map layout at all. The skill tree felt full of stuff I would either not want to use or want not to use, and the map felt big to feel big. The characters were bland and everything that I liked about it was done better in previous Final Fantasy games. I'd play it if I had nothing else to play... Actually no I wouldn't. I'd just read a book.

-Kingdom Hearts 2.8: This has 2 games and 1 "movie". First of all dream drop distance was pretty bad. The writing was terrible, and by terrible I mean horrific. The map was mostly bad, though I admit there were a few areas that were so gorgeous that it almost felt like a Kingdom Hearts game, and the combat though flashy got boring and repetitive quickly, especially if you're playing it the most effective way, which encourages you to be not innovative but a one trick pony. As for "Birth By Sleep, A Fragmentary Passage": It's great, but it's so short that it leaves you unsatisfied, blue balled and wanting more, which I'm pretty sure was exactly Square's intention. And the movie? It's pretty bad. It serves only to make the Kingdom Hearts lore even more unnecessarily convoluted and infuriating. I swear it feels like everything post KH2 was plucked right off of www.fanfiction.net.

Well i have been deceived twice by EA because i bought Mass Effect Andromeda and SW Battlefront 2 at release, those purchases haunt me to this day mostly because releases in my country are usually R$250 or R$300 (BRL).

Fallout 76
Yeah, I said it.
The Technomancer sucked absolute asshole. That Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts thing was the WORST though. Total disappointment.

A long time ago, a friend bought me Slime Ranchers since it was on my wishlist. I added it because it looked cute.

Unfortunately, my motion sickness to FPS games started to ramp up around then. I couldn't play Borderlands, Minecraft, and then Slime Ranchers. Could only play 15mins before having to put it down from a pinching headache.

I also learned from the first 15min of playthrough that I liked the concept and style of the 3d assets. Not so much the gameplay. At least while I had my headache.

I feel guilty that she bought it for me when I only clocked in 15min. It isn't a direct regret, but I do feel something close to it because of the USD cost. (I pinch pennies so every dollar spent on Steam counts for me lol)

Dex-chan lover
CIV V, only bought it to play with a friend, we didn't get to play (it was on sale tho)

Hollow Knight
I love exploring, but this game feels just so boring and empty, I honestly don't feel motivated to keep trying.

Users who are viewing this thread