What It Means to Be You - Ch. 6

ML stresses me out. Dudes past doesn't excuse his absolutely awful behavior, and he's dense af he doesn't pay attention to anything.. like get some brains

Wow can we take a moment to take this winter’s piece old arse for mistreating his princess for so long?! 🤬🤬🤬

@Romaru and man I thought the ML in some other series was bad but this douche beats them all

So lots of people are hating on the male lead, but I actually find him kinda realistic. If you think about how the servants behaved when he was the FL and didn’t take him seriously until he literally threw money at them, I think that’s how he’s lived his entire life. Money has been the only way he can earn respect and safety. To him, it’s the only thing that holds real value. This story is set from the perspective of the female lead and the whole point is he’s hard for her to understand because money is something she doesn’t value.

Double-page supporter
I feel bad he's gone through so much shit he can't focus on anyone's pain but his own

@shadow928 it’s not that he’s a dick head. i was still okay with him before this chapter. it’s the fact that he literally told her that she’s childish for making a suicidal comment in front of him, and implied she had no right because he went through worse. and he said all that right after he called her frail so why tf does he expect for her to even be able to handle what he went through in the first place. his pain is valid, and that’s why i didn’t hate him even though he’s been treating the FL like shit to the point where she even tried to kill herself all because her brother fucked him over, but putting all that aside he completely disregarded and invalidating her CLEAR depression. like you don’t hear what she said and reply like that if you have even an ounce of a heart. and the thing is, he can learn from that mistake and become a better person but he should do that and stay the FUCk away from her. you don’t contribute to another person’s pain, then invalidate it, then maintain a relationship. he could become a saint for all i care, what he just did was so fucked up that he just needs to go

Gosh I'm crying. 😭 This is too depressing! Violet deserves better than Winter! But I know it won't happen anyway.

He just married her for the position as a Duke.. nothing else.. For suffering for 3 years and no one is helping her besides herself. Esp living with your husband who paid the debt of your family and you're the one who's shouldering the burden and knowing that you owe your life to them.

i’m just going to say this: even if he knows NOTHING of what’s been happening to his wife in his household (who is a woman he literally bought for money and then held accountable when the business deal went bad), he’s still a POS based on what we’ve seen.

we see him think nothing of shit-talking her in front of and even to his employees (and then he wonders why the employees are all rude to him-as-her?? it’s a mystery!). he can’t even be bothered to make the most basic conversation with her at the best of times, and often blows up over tiny, unpredictable comments (but he has no idea why she reacts badly and stops talking to him, she should just say what she wants to say already). if she brings up how she’s feeling or her troubles, he shames her for feeling that way (because it’s her that’s the problem here - if she had better self-esteem/asked for less of his time/wore prettier dresses/wasn’t raised a princess/was worth his money/[insert whatever reason this chapter], he wouldn’t act like that).

any of this sound familiar? if so, please pay attention - this is pretty textbook abuse dynamics. there’s nothing especially deep or interesting about this jackass: he’s just an “angsty fantasy rich man”-edition scumbag.

I CANT BLAME BOTH OF THEM. THEY ARE SURROUNDED WITH FUCKIN TOXIC PEOPLE. THE MISUNDERSTANDING IS DAMN TERRIBLE!!!!!!

Ah yes, your time is so precious you can't spare any for your wife 🙄

Freaking idiot 😑

His callousness better be worked on...like a lot 😒

it’s not a misunderstanding that rat straight up told her she has no right to be suicidal because he’s been through worse

Dex-chan lover
She's so calm, I would have straight up hit him with the dinner plate. We're about to make a scene in this nice restaurant. Your wife it talking about dying and killer herself and you're angry instead while diminishing the severity of her issues brought on by you. Somebody hold me back, if I could slap a hoe right now

Love how elegantly she delivered that. Dude cannot go a second without making her feel like trash.

Users who are viewing this thread