What It Means to Be You - Ch. 6

Double-page supporter
Man is literally trying to start a trauma pissing contest with his wife...

What's trully sad for me is that he started to learn about her ONLY after switching bodies. Imagine if she trully died from that drugs.

ML be like "i don't understand her, i want to, but i hate to spend my precious time to talk or think about her"

He is an angry man that is gravely flawed through his experience. He is very confrontational and at the same time narrow minded. And she is a pampered and shy woman, which make communication between them really hard. If not for the body swap premise of the story, I dont think there is any way for them to have a happy marriage life. They just can't communicate properly and they need to change and have coming of age of some sort, more so him.

I know this is a slow burn but I will need to see Winter
react when the reason to the body switch, suicide, is revealed

Dex-chan lover
My heart.... I feel so bad for her.... I am eager when we might catch up to raws. Hopefully nothing gets too busy or no problems arise for Sunnyside

Thinking that his pain is greater and dismissing her suffering is so... selfish and cruel. And the part where she asked if he’d spend time for her funeral made me cry

Lol I want to see a situation where he isn't somehow angry and pissed for once. He needs a therapist badly

I mean i get where you came from and what you have experienced but you didn't have to dismiss her like that

Ladies!!! lesson of life!!!

If you marry, don't let your spouse be burdened with paying all your family debts! on the other hand, your family is SUCK as well !!!! ​

Your "value" will be minus in his/her eyes. In real life, if your husband pays your debt until he lose half of his fortune, trust me, he and his family will treat u like a SHIT. So before married you have to know how your partner was raised, his childhood etc. Otherwise it will trigger disputes and misunderstandings in the household.

My parents sometimes have a relationship like Winter and Violet!

But winter is like my mom and Violet is like my dad. The conversation also same.

When my father depressed. My mother talked like Winter. "Don't complain, you've never been hungry, have you? My life used to be much more difficult than you!"

Winter is a picture of people in general, who always use his bitter experiences as a comparison to other people. Not a good thing. But most people are like that. Not everyone will sympathize and comfort you when you say you want to kill yourself. especially if they've struggled so hard to stay alive or survive. They will get upset, turn angry, and look at you as a loser, just like Winter.

That's why if there's a problem, I more like talking to my dad than my tiger mom LOL

I like this. These are all realisitic responses to what they've been through individually and what happens when you have multiple people who continue to breed venom into your life. I'm excited to see how things change and what brings them around.

@aroneda08 that's so true. having an unequal power distribution between a couple will only make everyone miserable in the long run. this is also exacerbated when a person marries another person of higher/lower rank/financial status without thinking things through and establishing boundaries. what we often see in webtoons is the i'm-rich-and-you're-poor-so-i'll-treat-you-like-shit trope but it can also happen the other way around. i'm really glad that the author took this route instead of the usual rich-person-demeans-poor-person plot device bc it's something that I think a lot of people can relate to. the thought that "you don't have to be sad/depressed/suicidal because I had it worse than you!!!" really irks me and i think that this chapter introduced that beautifully. there's something about invalidating other people's emotions that's just soooo frustrating and I hope this story will be able to develop that well.
edit: also i hope hope hooope that this is going to be a slow burn like @Xirre said bc i need to see winter grilled and roasted until he realizes that the body switch was the product of her suicide attempt

I have mixed feelings. Imo the husband is wrong cause you cant compare situations and how each person feels about that. Like you cant say someone is suffering less than you and cant complain because you suffered more, baceuse you arent in the other persons skins. Mental suffering is different for each person. At the same time I once fought with some friends, cause they did something that made me feel left out. The conclusion of this fight ended up being that I was being too dramatic and they didnt mean to leave me out, so I had to take my anger inside and move on. As I am afraid of losing friends, that is what I did, stopped complaining and "moved on" on outside. Fast forward 2 months later, the group does exactly the same thing to one of them - one of the guys that originally did it to me. Guy has a much worse reaction than I did before (blocking people, leaving groups) and everyone starts apologizing and trying to calm him down (properly). I exploded back cause why when he did that to me I was being crazy and should just calm down without a proper apologies, and when others do that to him he can just storm like that and everyone feels he is right and deserves thousands apologies? Like if you betrayed someone what right you have to complain if they betray you back? But you know what the "psicology student" of the group did? Put all the blame on me cause I cant compare sufferings of each person and the other guy was suffering much more than I did before cause he had more traumas while I dont - like boy, on this instant you are comparing sufferings saying he suffer more than me, while not even knowing my life before to compare traumas. Yes, I compared situations cause in my eyes he was suffering the same thing he did to me but he isnt being treated like a crazy person. In conclusion, I was the crazy lady on the first time for getting angry, on the second time I was the villain that got angry at a poor boy that cant take what he does to other people (I didnt do it, was just on the loop at the moment it happened). Basically I had to give him an extensive apology and the situation was resolved (the original problem was not even a problem anymore, as my apology had nothing to do with original problem but for getting angry that he got angry)

I am so angry. Yes he suffered in his childhood and had to overcome a lot of difficulties. Is it the fault of his wife ? No. Is it his fault? No. Is it the fault of his family? Maybe, they definitely could have done a better job raising him. He is super aggressiv with everyone around him. He should know how to cool down but he is still a child who throws temper trantum when he does not get what he wants.
But it‘s in the past and he should have learned how people feel when suffering. They search affection and love from the Person close to them. He should know that a person suffering needs constant reassurance of the love that surrounds them, that simple phrases can make their world crumble and that shouting at someone makes them just shy back.
That’s why I loved her in this chapter. Even after he played the victim card and cried about how bad his life is, she just sat there and asked her question again. It was a simple question and she stood strong and didn‘t shy back. She managed that discussion before with grace and with out any temper outburst. She is so calm and would be of such great help to him.

It’s a simple question Bro just answer and you don‘t have to talk about it after you answered but just answer.
I ask myself right now how he managed to get so much money. I wouldn‘t do business if someone didn‘t respect me in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread