What you need to know about the recent MangaDex data breach

Status
Not open for further replies.
tysm staff for transparency.
made a new email recently - switched this and other sites to it and swapped up my passwords. no longer will use the email that was breeched - although sucks what has happened - glad staff was able to do what they could

Fed-Kun's army
I really admire how the admins are not into beating around the bush, straight and honest.
Will take you up on that advice. Glad to see we're back again.

I guess this might maybe be sorta slightly bad if you have a static IP

If you use personal email addresses for these sorts of sites, then here's your lesson to stop doing that. The info about email aliases is useful.

also,
remove solo leveling

https://----[! URL is only accessible to you. !]----/pw/ACtC-3e9DMImgXHvVOD6Om0EED7VinczFu9wutGxBwoaeJIPIVjJZFqp4J3b2Z7isWw9qEmFRNiSIy1Av8cXiua0gSNW_O4jzr2B1N85yu9S3ZaydVtKhX5O7Mg9lVj-RzRCEj9pLOII8fZphO4OqGOuD9Xp=s145-no?authuser=0
I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER SEE YOU GUYS AGAIN

is a Reindeer
VIP
@tomcatadam open up any manga title page you're following and look at the number above the "follow" button
the number can be manually set or it will manually count up if you read the chapter one greater than the number it is currently set to

@triforce we missed you too, triforce.

So, for safety and the such, change the Mangadex account password and other accounts if they also use the same password, correct?

😎 well done, nicely handled
besides the assumption that the hacker didn't have the data, but I'd do that assumption too

Sorry you had to go through such trash for a hobby.
Was worried it was a hired hacker from publishers
Thanks for devoting your valuable time to bring us the joy that is mangadex ❤️

Fed-Kun's army
@Dobu
Yes they are incompetent. I bet if they were to take down the site for reconstructing it would still take like forever with no guaranteed result. That's the only unrealistic thing in your rambling I suppose.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Excel If you want to change your username, just ask us... it doesn't require deleting your account lol

Group Leader
Though it took a while, glad that it's back.

For us users, expect to receive phishing emails. Just be careful not to open nor download any attachments from an email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread