What's the fun in watching streamers for hours on end?

Dex-chan lover
Like I seriously don't understand. I'm fine with watching compilations of that same streamer but I really don't want to watch their entire stream, which could be hours. I get there is value in being able to interact with the content creator and in real time, but I might do it a little then dip.

I understand vtubers even less. With anime I don't want to watch the characters kill monsters for a real life hour, so what's the fun in watching a vtuber play something like Minecraft for an hour?

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand the appeal behind vtubers as for streamers the only ones I spend more than a couple of mins on are the one's who either keep me entertained with their personality or the ones I can learn strats from.

Dex-chan lover
It's interaction with community and people you like that you might never have been able to meet before. Anyone there solely for the streamer's interactions is usually a lurker, and even then they may enjoy watching the community interact with itself because (let's be honest) some communities are just absurdly entertaining. There is a reason why a lot of streamers have their own discord servers that do little else beyond existing as a small hub for the community to interact in off-stream hours. Then, when stream starts up again, they have something they can watch together and continue to interact.

That's really the long and short of it.

Dex-chan lover
It's interaction with community and people you like that you might never have been able to meet before. Anyone there solely for the streamer's interactions is usually a lurker, and even then they may enjoy watching the community interact with itself because (let's be honest) some communities are just absurdly entertaining. There is a reason why a lot of streamers have their own discord servers that do little else beyond existing as a small hub for the community to interact in off-stream hours. Then, when stream starts up again, they have something they can watch together and continue to interact.

That's really the long and short of it.
In that case why does anyone even watch big streamers? Isn’t really personal with tens of thousands of others

Dex-chan lover
zwvi6g01d0m61.gif

Desolate friends list,
No one to interact with.
Is this loneliness?
You forgot about mukbang
1580363293-maxresdefault-1580363293.jpg

Dex-chan lover
In that case why does anyone even watch big streamers? Isn’t really personal with tens of thousands of others
Again, community. You may not interact with every single one of the thousands of people but you will likely interact with 1 or 2 and form a small group in that community, I've actually had this happen before. The streamer themselves doesn't have to be the only reason you watch a stream. Heck, you might be a lurker in stream and an absolute chatterbox in Discord, or on twitter, or reddit, or wherever else the community interacts.

Dex-chan lover
it's just a new form of modern entertainment, it's really no different than watching some tv show or w/e.

Dex-chan lover
Yea but a TV show has episodes. A stream would be like watching all of the unedited and deleted footage that is shown in a single episode.
let me rephrase, it's just another way for wasting time.
some people would read encyclopedias instead of novels, some people would rather sit for hours fishing (not for survival or something like that) rather than do literally anything else.
same with streamers, if the streamers are exactly on your vibe why bother wasting time with other things? it's like watching all movies/shows/interviews of your favorite actors or w/e.

Users who are viewing this thread