What's the most disastrous sequel to an anime you have ever seen?

Dex-chan lover
Most of the times changing studios is bad news. And yes, Hataraku Maou-sama 2 made my eyes bled. Another Hataraku, Hataraku Saibou 2 was unbearable to watch for me too, even though it was the same studio and art style. And another sequel of the current seasion, Yuru Camp 3, underwhelmingly disappointed.

Dex-chan lover
Yuru Camp 3, underwhelmingly disappointed.
About yuru camp for me it's mixed feeling, other than character the music and other stuff pretty much the same. When watching the trailer, I really thought everyone is already graduated because the art style changed and looks more mature. But I'm kinda just happy for another season.

Also It's pretty ball that anime about camping can go this far after all.

Dex-chan lover
Mature? The character design is generic high-lighted colouring and it's pretty less detailed, not to mention how some faces are deformed. And instead of drawing the backgrounds, it's blurred photoshop. If it got this far is because it's a genuine series and the genre Iyashikei (Slice of Life) is a big thing in Japan, if you read the manga you'd realise its potential. The only reason the previous studio stopped animating was bankruptcy due bad managing/practices, like most studios (in fact, the workers were those who put a stop after not being properly paid or paid at all). They are aging of course, but to the point of thinking they graduated in a year...
The only thing that hasn't changed is the voice actresses, which are great all of them. The OST is an imitation basically.

Durarara, the first season's ending was fine, they went ahead and started adding more and more characters in the next seasons that did nothing for the plot whatsoever, and the ending was basically the same as the first season with only some details, waste of time TBH, I felt like the author wanted to show some slice of life or something.
Disagree

El hazard season 2 completely dropped everything for some stupid romance plot that ended on a cliffhanger because it failed into the ratings everyone is flanderized no more stakes and it becomes a filler isekai plot.

H
Fr, I can't stand it

Like everyone love the anime but I can't stand the fact that the main character literal pervert. It's really uncomfortable to watch.
He is the sole reason I dislike it hey man a pervert character can be done but don't make him insufferable.

Dex-chan lover
El hazard season 2 completely dropped everything for some stupid romance plot that ended on a cliffhanger because it failed into the ratings everyone is flanderized no more stakes and it becomes a filler isekai plot.
El Hazard OVA is so much better. Add another girl and add hot springs - it was swell.

Users who are viewing this thread