What's the most disastrous sequel to an anime you have ever seen?

Dex-chan lover
Zero no Tsukaima S3: The second season really gave us a lot of good character development and a good story. The third season decided to just throw all that away. If you ever see Zero no Tsukaima, then just skip the third season, it's just a waste of space.
Zero no Tsukaima S3 was the best bodied Henrietta I ever saw and probably is the contour of most AI art these days.

Zero no Tsukaima S3 was the best bodied Henrietta I ever saw and probably is the contour of most AI art these days.

Too bad that Henrietta have never been the main character of the series then. But even if she was, it still wouldn't have mattered, since the main heroine in the third season is Tabitha.

The biggest problem is that they nullified everything that happened in S2 just so they could run the same old gags all over again, since they really didn't have much else to do when they decided to focus on someone other than Louise and Saito.

The problem was never the visuals, it was the lack of a real story, and the reset on a relationship that they had used 2 seasons to develop. That's why S3 is the worst sequel I have seen.

Of course, they also ruined the ending of S2. They should have used the LN version of the events, that would have made the whole thing far more impactful.

The most disastrous sequel to an anime I have ever seen is Tokyo Ghoul:re. It completely ruined the original manga's story, characters, and themes. The animation was choppy, the pacing was rushed, the dialogue was bland, and the plot was full of holes and inconsistencies. It felt like a cheap cash grab that disrespected the fans and the source material. I was so disappointed and angry that I dropped it after a few episodes. It is a shame that such a masterpiece of a manga was adapted so poorly. I wish they would remake it with a better studio and more episodes.

Dex-chan lover
..It felt like a cheap cash grab that disrespected the fans and the source material. I was so disappointed and angry that I dropped it after a few episodes. It is a shame that such a masterpiece of a manga was adapted so poorly. I wish they would remake it with a better studio and more episodes.
Deadman Wonderland: "Hold my beer."

Dex-chan lover
Classroom of the Elite Season 1: great, peak.
Classroom of the Elite Season 2: Spread Your Legs
Classroom of the Elite Season 3: I'm (NOT) smiling.

Dex-chan lover
Among all the disastrous sequels one of them that clearly stands out is Konosuba. I need to say it because they manage to go even worse now in season 3, currently airing.

Dex-chan lover
Among all the disastrous sequels one of them that clearly stands out is Konosuba. I need to say it because they manage to go even worse now in season 3, currently airing.
Based on polls, KonoSuba 3 is loved on discord and reddit. At least they manage to get 2.2k upvotes.

Dex-chan lover
Yes, it is the favourite one on Anichart/Anilist too, that only shows the fan base. I'm not sure if the obnoxiously bad first episode was to make look the second one good when it's barely acceptable but the only reason I had to watch it is Iris (loli power).

Dex-chan lover
God damn... SAO doesn't need anymore continuity. The season one is perfectly good, if only it's doesn't milked.

Also hataraku maou sama season 2 is SO BAD. like the art style change into that of mainstream CHEAP anime... Damn it

Dex-chan lover
Really a good thing

The mangaka must be snorting some nose candy to able turn wholesome story father and kid into shit like that

watch Speed Grapher, Japan is into no pubes, 16 yo. Even the teacher Onizuka, in another pop anime has this fantasy.

JP authors is so much obsessed with "that", to the point I think their childhood is ???

Dex-chan lover
God damn... SAO doesn't need anymore continuity. The season one is perfectly good, if only it's doesn't milked.

Also hataraku maou sama season 2 is SO BAD. like the art style change into that of mainstream CHEAP anime... Damn it
WHAt THERE IS a SeASoN 2 ???? /s

Dex-chan lover
I remember also all sequels are purposefully done bad. It was a ploy to have a remake.

Dex-chan lover
Done well, I could get behind the first two of these. I'm kind of on the fence about the last one at this point.
If you look at the four seasons of Overlord, the next season would seem to be the final season, and for a valid reason. The characters have all been rounded out and introduced in detail. Only a few more characters will be coming ( elves ) and a deathblow to the original enemy of season 1 ( the Theocracy, aka the Church ruled people ).

Users who are viewing this thread