What's the most disastrous sequel to an anime you have ever seen?

Aggregator gang
Can be a new season, or one (or multiple) OVAs to wrap up a show, as long as it comes after an already aired anime, and made with the intention to continue that anime.
This thread is full of spoilers, for obvious reasons. Don't just throw an anime name here, do include your reason why you hate it so much so that we can jump on the hate train together.

I'm gonna start with the elephant in the room: Yakusoku no Neverland ss2
This is probably the single most infamous ss2 in the history of anime. Removing arcs, all over the place pacing, setting up unfired Chekhov's guns, and a bunch of other sins.

Minami-ke Okawari (ss2)
The entire season seems a bit off for me whenever Fuyuki is on screen, and he turned out to be an anime original character. His entire character is unfunny, and drags the show down whenever he appears. But in all fairness, his presence alone doesn't really make the entire season unsalvageable, unlike my next example.

Wonder Egg Priority: Watashi no Priority (conclusion OVA)
Not only did the OVA that's supposed to give conclusion to the show actually leave you with more questions, it retroactively undid some of the character developments established in the prior season. If you have ever read https://mangadex.org/title/29f91662-3b53-40ed-8907-31bed1cdcce6/hoshino-me-o-tsubutte, it's somewhat the same thing over there.
i strongly agree with wonder egg , it had SO much potential yet it was all wasted at the end

for me it was wonder egg OVA and The Promised Neverland S2 , The Promised Neverland S2 was probably more painful since the manga exists and it was good while the anime was just straight up garbage

Dex-chan lover
not really just take these for example : slime , mushoku tensai(debatable) ,re:zero , konosuba

it really depends
Didn't watch slime, not my kind of thing. Mushoku Tensei, there's a lot of entertainment in just listening to Sugita ranting about ED. Personally I think it outdid ss1 but a lot of people think otherwise. Re:0, AFAIK, has mixed reception. Personally I think it has higher highs and lower lows compared to ss1. Konosuba is, well, konosuba lol.

Aggregator gang
One Punch Man by a mile.

Season 2 killed all the significant hype and momentum it had from season 1, which was anime of the year for many people - but S2 was so bad that it killed OPM as an anime franchise.

Would have easily had another season or two if Madhouse had continued to do Season 2.

Shingeki no bahamut- The first season was a fun action fantasy show with likeable characters and then the second season comes in and shits on the characters from the first season while bringing in new main characters who are easy to root against.

Gundam seed- While the first season was already pretty average, destiny just retreaded the same ground but worse. Also shin was somehow a main character but had effectively zero development.

no one ever mention aot s4? and even every aot s4 sequel is worst in animation, artstyle, cgi animation, cgi detail, coloring, that ugly barcode in face.

and the main part is story and inconsistent each char development & too many plot armour. imagine fighting bunch of hundreds titan shifter and still win without die even without being seriously injured.

some plot twist are just for the sake of plot twist

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Eureka Seven Ao, I don't how turn a series that has best writing in anme ever into absolute shit writing. But the wrost thing is how uncessary of squeal it is like it has no reason to exist. plus if they want to do a squeal there literally their charater from the orginal series whose arc end but it would nice to see a follow up. but no they decide to create a charater for squeal
In the orginal series the main protagonist and heroine die. so they made movie which alternative to orginal. just where they live. just so they a can a child which what the squeal is base. also the squeal try to tie both the alternative and orginal togther which just made it worser
there also uncessay time travel. it just feel like they made squeal for quick buck. so thank to them i suffer knowing this exist and I just want forget and pretend this never exist so thanks studio bones
Never watched Ao because it felt TOO KIDDY for me. A wise decision and saved me time.

Dex-chan lover
Nah some good some bad. I have no qualm dropping shows so I watch everything anyway
Saying that Arifureta S3 this 2024 would be peak meat. Almost like you're watching "In Another World With My Smartphone" with a different skin ( white-haired gym buff 8-th grader syndrome ).

Dex-chan lover
no one ever mention aot s4? and even every aot s4 sequel is worst in animation, artstyle, cgi animation, cgi detail, coloring, that ugly barcode in face.

and the main part is story and inconsistent each char development & too many plot armour. imagine fighting bunch of hundreds titan shifter and still win without die even without being seriously injured.

some plot twist are just for the sake of plot twist
They twisted it dry without mercy. As if they snapped the neck when they can't squeeze any more milk from the tits.

Dex-chan lover
Shingeki no bahamut- The first season was a fun action fantasy show with likeable characters and then the second season comes in and shits on the characters from the first season while bringing in new main characters who are easy to root against.

Gundam seed- While the first season was already pretty average, destiny just retreaded the same ground but worse. Also shin was somehow a main character but had effectively zero development.
I agree. Destiny is like a retarded version of the OG. Raising the dead plus adding more femboy villain.

Dex-chan lover
Oni-chichi sequels got worse every time they added one. Oni chichi was the original drawing so I dub the creators "Studio OniChiChi"....

Users who are viewing this thread