What's the best thing that has ever happened to you this decade?

Dex-chan lover
With 2019 coming to a close, we say goodbye to this decade. What are some of the most positive things that have ever happened to you in these ten short years?

I haven't really started thinking about my future that much until I was 15 or so so I can only really be glad about what happened in the last four years. This decade is half my life, after all.

I guess the best thing that has happened to me this decade, or rather the past half-decade, is that I got a good enough scholarship to my first-choice college. I wanted to get a full one but only manage to get 45% cause I couldn't accomplish all the requirements, still tho it was great enough. My family was in a tougher spot, economically, back then a year and two ago. I never brought it up but my parents bought a new smart TV recently as well as talk about plans for holiday trips (not for me tho, I can be a hermit as long as I get WiFi) so I'm just glad that we're pass that stage.

Another thing I'm grateful for is the internet cause I learned a lot of things from here. Especially an artist I love a lot, Porter Robinson. His song Shelter is probably what got me hooked on both EDM and anime, two things that make me so happy now. No matter how many times I relisten it I still love it. The music video for Shelter inspired me to wonder and wander throughout my imagination, so much so, that I've built up an entire world just from simply thinking "where can I go from here?" and, a bit later on, I also developed writing as a hobby thanks to that song. Funnily enough, it wasn't the music video that YouTube recommended me - it was FBE's youtubers react to Shelter video which made me look it up lol.

I still remember what happened then. We were at a cinema, wanting to watch a movie, I don't remember which. The Mall's wifi was weak up there but I barely got on. Then the video appeared in my recommended. The anime girl looked cute, so I clicked. I didn't have earphones at the time so I had the volume on low. Then I realize that they were talking about something, so I looked "Shelter" up. And barely a minute in the entrance to the cinema is open so I waited until home. I didn't have WiFi in my home at the time, also I had a phone with only 6 GB of free space so all the YouTube videos I had to download were only 360p. But the resolution was still enough to reach me. The next memories are fade, I'm not sure when I watched Shelter music video but I'm sure I watched it before the FBE reaction vid. My first thoughts were "huh cool animation". I dig down the comments, learning the story, reading about Rin's father's last message to her daughter after 7 years, theories about what's going on, what will happen to her, what happened to Earth, is there any story after this, the brilliance of storytelling and everything. I read all that and I was in awe. It gave me "a feeling of wonder". That is the only way I can describe it. I remember being so positively happy at that time. And then I watched the FBE vid and I'm glad that they liked it too. Eventually later on I hunted this "feeling of wonder" and got addicted on stories that tug on my emotions. And then I became a weeb lol.

That song definitely changed my life cause if it didn't exist, I wouldn't be talking here in this forum right now.

So what about you guys?

Dex-chan lover
Thinking the year is closer to 2000s than 2020s. Gotta enjoy the youth whilst I can.

Dex-chan lover
Joining the military. For all the bullshit you put up with it's been the best time of my life so far.

Double-page supporter
I'd say that the best thing that happened to me this year was definitely seeing my dad again after six years. We live in different countries, and he doesn't come over here too often because the thin air and elevation of the city I live in make it hard for him to breathe. But being able to spend a couple of days with my silly old man and playing the guitar together again was the highlight of this year.

super smart phone with ultra big memories, and dirt-cheap fast internet connection. information and knowledge have never been this easy to obtain.

Dex-chan lover
i.. don't know
i mean, this decade is pretty much half of everything i remember. I guess i content with being alive right now

Gaining my first really close friend which is really saying something considering my extreme lack of social skills.

I am currently researching on the debate of whether this decade finishes this year or the next. I will update on the validity of your post.
EDIT: Acording to gregorian calendar, and out of mere logic by our mathematics, the next decade will start on 2021. We have NOT accepted a year 0, thus if it didn't exist on the beginning, it can't exist now. The most rad thing we've done on that regard is skipping from the 4th of August of 1582, to the 15th of August of the same year, due to the gap on the Caesar calendar, unefective and hence changed.
Unless you are an astronomer and believe in Jesus Christ. Otherwise, wrong. I'll see you on the next one,

Group Leader
This gremlin
TlnKQT6.jpg
He's my baby and I would die for him, even if he trills like a raptor and gets into trouble every damn day. He honestly gave me a reason to keep on livin other than manga

Users who are viewing this thread