What’s the plural of manga?

Dex-chan lover
Is it mangas? I don’t actually know but for some reason mangas doesn’t seem fully right to me.

Aggregator gang
Manga (漫画, [maŋga] ( listen)[a]) are comics or graphic novels originating from Japan.
wiki chan. just call it comics
Neko_Wikipe-tan.png

Dex-chan lover
Wow, a language question to incest in under a page. I'm impressed. :meguupog:
---
'Manga' is the plural. The singular is 'mang.' 'Manganese' is the language most manga are originally written in (a variant of Japanese that is particularly resistant to translation, being primarily composed of a constantly changing vocabulary of slang and cultural references, and also being written in a secret third syllabary script that the Japanese don't talk about). The authors are called 'mangeese' (singular: 'mangoose'). The process of authoring and drawing a mang is called 'mangagraphificationaryization.'

Multiple manga are compiled each week by specially trained editors ('manglers') into inexpensively printed and bound volumes ('mangazines'). The right to purchase and read these mangazines is enshrined in Japan's constitution, the 'Manga Carta;' these mangazines replaced the 19th Century governmental publications of woodblock prints on scrolls in an event referred to as the 'Weekly Shogun Dump' or the 'Pagey Restoration.'

Highly successful mangeese are honored in a special museum in Tokyo, the 'Mangesium.' Every year, new inductees are invited to speak to the nation via a network of radio stations, the 'Mangavox.'

I refuse to apologize for anything in the preceding paragraphs.

Users who are viewing this thread