What's Wrong With You, Duke? - Ch. 66

Group Leader
Dear readers,

We have reached the end of the road on our part in this wonderful series that God has bestowed onto us. Putting aside personal views regarding paywalls, the time it will take to catch up and whatnot, licensing was an obvious next step because of the popularity this series has gained – and for good reason. I remember clicking this series at first when Soli’s group first picked it up and thinking “this seems weird…maybe cliché?”. In other words, I was not a fan right away; writing off the FL as a cry baby and the ML as a normal “edgy” protag. But, this series developed so much more that after seeing Lex’s mellow out and sort through his feelings beyond the magic (and also seeing his abs, let's are honest), and then finding myself resonate with Erin’s personality that was quite strong-willed despite her naivety. This story, this romance, it has consumed so much of my life that I ended up stalking the private staff chat for updates even though I was not even working on it!

But of course, as stated earlier, that will no longer be an occurrence. The author and artist have finally succeeded in officially penetrating the English market, and good on them for it! They deserve to be showered with love and praise not only vocally, but financially as well. After all, they are the ones that gave life to these adorable characters we have come to love. It is only fair we give a little back to them, don’t you think? And who knows, maybe we will get an official translation of the novel, too! Oh, that would be nice.

Though naturally, not everything about this licensing is peachy. As Soli mentioned at the end of this chapter, the title and naming sense with the licensed version is…questionable, to put it nicely. I think it does it a great disservice and my only inkling as to why they would do this is to separate themselves from our version, which is naturally freely available. But even so, it seems like such a petty reason to do such a drastic measure. I mean, for goodness sake they cannot even get their chosen name right for the FL. That is why along with supporting this series new license, I support Soli in saying PLEASE MAKE YOUR VOICE KNOWN. I am not sure if us commenting on this issue enough will insight them to change the names and potentially the title, but it is worth a shot. These names mean a lot not only to us, but I bet the author had trouble with the change as well. So for everyone’s sake, let’s try our best!

Oh, also considering this mass release and celebration for Why Duke’s licensing, I made a whole bunch of custom memes with a little bonus at the end by the staff! The link is as follows: https://imgur.com/a/yNiXKUs! But to wet your pallet, here is a sneak peek of one of my beautiful creations! I hope you find them as amusing to read as they were to make.
Screenshot_1.jpg

Now then, it was fun watching our group grow this new fanbase. The love between this idiotic couple has become one of my great joys in life, and even though we will not be a part of the process of sharing it anymore, we can at least still enjoy it. Now, its time to pass the torchlight! See you on Tapas, dears!

I CRI WITH YABSSSSS

*read this chap with Kingsman Head Explodey music in bg*

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Double-page supporter
Rowan should just kill the cunt prince and be done with it. Why keep a lunatic like that in a high position? I bet the whole empire would side with him, seeing what a fucking cunt the prince is.

Thanks for translating as much as you did, shame your usurpers are going to shit it up for some reason

so seeing yabs leave a long farewell letter for this series, i feel the need to leave my own. why are you doing this, duke? was the first series i ever tsed under haruparty when i joined it a year ago. it wasn’t my favorite series then, and it isn’t my favorite now either, but nonetheless it holds a special place in my heart because of how much i learned during my time working on it. my typesetting has definitely improved a lot over the course of this series, and now i shudder to look at my old ts. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EKcJlBfWwAAE8uH.jpg
now, seeing my time typesetting why duke come to an end, i’d like to say a bittersweet goodbye. even though the new names and typesetting in the licensed version are terrible, i’m glad the artist and author are finally getting the support from an official licensor. i’ll miss working on this series, but hopefully i get to work on another, even better manhwa for haruparty in the future! hopefully i also get freed from the suspense of this cliffhanger 🗿

that’s all, hope you enjoyed! :)

thank you haru party for your hard work on the series ;;;;;!! it's a shame that it had to be dropped but that's just how it goes with these things 😔

see y'all a year from now when tapas finally catches up to chapter 66 ☝️😔

It’s sad that this series is being dropped.. I’ve enjoyed every chapter since the beginning of its release. Thank you HaruPARTY for translating this! 😭😭😭

lol the group made memes XD

https://imgur.com/a/yNiXKUs

THABK YOUUU HARU PARTY FOR THE MASS RELEASE TT_TT PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH😍♥️🌹🌹🌹♥️😍😍😍

Thank you for the releaseee

*click official link to tapas*

Content not available in your country..

Goodbye for now Rowan and Erin😭😭😭😭

PS: Nobody read my comment plz. This is just pure ranting

Nno way. I cant believe this.....its going to take at least a YEAR and A HALF to get to this point.....I give up ..I was so happy to see these chapters and I'm happy that the author can license it properly and I'm happy that I can support the author now but the huge shock of having to wait a year and a half to read the next chapter is maddening. I feel so bad for wishing that they had licensed it a bit later TT
Why?! Why did I have to follow this story and why did have to like it so much TT

Users who are viewing this thread