When I Returned to My Hometown, My Childhood Friend was Broken - Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
You've got to look at it from their perspective. It's probably safer now, but back during the old peoples' time, if you dressed scantily or you didn't keep to a group when going out, it was normal to say that it was your own fault for that happening to you. You might call it victim blaming, but you're responsible for your actions and you have to take the consequences for it, even though you're not the one in the wrong. Doesn't help that your rapists go to prison for the rest of their life, you've still gotten raped and have to live with it. You can blame society all you want, that doesn't help you.
You don't have to travel far out of the Western world where this is the normal still, and probably won't change in the foreseeable future.
I actually got socially lynched in some forum for stating this because there was a girl that was part of that forum that was raped. As someone who has always stated fact without minding repercussions, that event made me a little mindful than before.

I believe accountability runs in a spectrum. How guilty is someone who gets broken into in her own house? Not at all? Maybe she flaunted jewelry while outside. Maybe not. How about if she left the door unlocked before she slept? How about if she left her wallet outside and it got stolen? The term "victim-blaming" is just some term invented by these white knights to make themselves feel virtuous all the while completely disregarding nuance.

Dex-chan lover
I actually got socially lynched in some forum for stating this because there was a girl that was part of that forum that was raped. As someone who has always stated fact without minding repercussions, that event made me a little mindful than before.

I believe accountability runs in a spectrum. How guilty is someone who gets broken into in her own house? Not at all? Maybe she flaunted jewelry while outside. Maybe not. How about if she left the door unlocked before she slept? How about if she left her wallet outside and it got stolen? The term "victim-blaming" is just some term invented by these white knights to make themselves feel virtuous all the while completely disregarding nuance. The reality is, people are very very rarely completely blameless.

Dex-chan lover
Doesn't make it any less true though.
In this case she drank herself senseless and had a black out. Wouldn't surprise me if she didn't even remember what happened. You are responsible for your own safety. This is as obvious as wearing a seat belt. If you don't want to wear a seat belt, the consequences are on you too. Nothing different. You can blame the people crashing into you too, doesn't help you when you're dead.

Double-page supporter
Man it was actually worse than I thought. A group and arrests involved. That is some serious stuff. So if it was completely non-consensual, where did her radical image change come from? I wonder if she did it in a attempt to disassociate herself either the rumors spreading around (since the arrests would've made everything public) or from herself. Either way even though it was predictable, I'm glad the story was willing to go a little darker than I thought it would.

And that old guy was way out of pocket.

Dex-chan lover
The reveal has finally come. I had hoped that it wasn't going to be THAT.
Bless Touma. He's going to help Kyouko and make her happy. Kyoko is lucky to have Touma in her life.

Dex-chan lover
I was trying to fool myself into thinking that she was with a bad crowd and the pressure from her peers and stuff made her break down, but in the back of my head i knew it was heavier than that.

I believe accountability runs in a spectrum. How guilty is someone who gets broken into in her own house? Not at all? Maybe she flaunted jewelry while outside. Maybe not. How about if she left the door unlocked before she slept? How about if she left her wallet outside and it got stolen? The term "victim-blaming" is just some term invented by these white knights to make themselves feel virtuous all the while completely disregarding nuance.
I'd love to know what forum this was because it must have been a chill place to socially lynch someone as maladjusted as you.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Heavy stuff, really appreciate the work that went into drawing this and then translating it in the English.

I encourage everyone to see this story as an opportunity for hope and redemption.

NRY4T3p.png

Users who are viewing this thread