When you search, English only chapters, can we make it so that latest only shows English results?

Dex-chan lover
If you advanced search, add the search with only english chapters option, put it only latest uploads, and just click through, then you'll realize that it's still counting the non-selected options for latest uploads.
For example, you are on the first page of your search with no other tags, and you click on something random. The english upload is a year ago instead of within a day.....

Extended real world example:
Ok so, you are in advanced search, you put in your tags of 'Fantasy' or 'Historical', you slap on "Only with English chapters" , and update it from "Best Match" to "Latest Chapters" even tho you were previously already on Latest by default.... Moving on, you browse through the various works, eventually you click one and it seems like a pretty good read, but oh wait, the last update in english was from over a year ago.... on the first page on your advanced search...

My suggestion:
Remove the value from non-selected "this language only" chapters from interfering with "latest uploads"
(Make it so when you search "English only" in "Latest", that only the English chapters matter in the search)

Upvote 0
Power Uploader
Or, you can just go to your Settings and select the appropriate options. So, per say, you only want to see English translated chapters, so you would select the option that provides that. It'll do the same in the Advanced Search, since you have it selected only English from your settings, then it'll only show English only chapter from the latest upload section, but it's more of a no tag selection.

But I do agree that it needs to be fixed for the tags option, I think it may be a little wonky. I believe it's still being updated with a lot of issues, I may be wrong. Just assuming, that's all.

Dex-chan lover
Or, you can just go to your Settings and select the appropriate options. So, per say, you only want to see English translated chapters, so you would select the option that provides that. It'll do the same in the Advanced Search, since you have it selected only English from your settings, then it'll only show English only chapter from the latest upload section, but it's more of a no tag selection.

But I do agree that it needs to be fixed for the tags option, I think it may be a little wonky. I believe it's still being updated with a lot of issues, I may be wrong. Just assuming, that's all.
I already did what you mentioned, there was a time I had to set it everytime I opened the browser so that my updated list wouldn't get bogged down in languages I don't understand. Still doesn't stop english only results being months or years ago for latest

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Just like all the other similar threads on this topic, currently, regardless of language will update the "updated at" and changing it to work with each individual language is not trivial but might at some point get visited but don't count on it happening anytime soon

https://forums.mangadex.org/threads...guage-to-make-the-sort-more-accurate.1199758/ (main one, dev responses)
https://forums.mangadex.org/threads/filters-and-sort-work-by-chapter-language.1219018/
https://forums.mangadex.org/threads...-been-updated-in-years-on-first-page.1285915/

Users who are viewing this thread