Whisper Me a Love Song - Ch. 45 - Wrap-Up Parties, Future Careers, and What Comes Next.

Dex-chan lover
Yet nobody is thinking about HImari asking for Yori to join Lorelei, which seem to be the best of two world for her, staying manager for Lorelei AND listen to her GF's music.
Do you think Yori would feel comfortable singing along with Shiho (and vice versa)? These two characters have interacted two or three times in the entire manga, and never on good terms. I don't completely rule out that it could happen in the future, but right now it would be totally impossible.

Here we have Shiho interfering with Yori and Himari's date, presumably in the next chapter too.
What do you mean by "interfering"? She is there because Himari asked her to be. It's not her fault that Yori is insecure and have an inferiority complex towards Shiho.

Dex-chan lover
The author really wants to make us hate Shiho, she keeps bringing unwanted drama and tension, and worst of all, interfering with the main couple. I hope the next chapter brings a closure to all this drama so we can see the main couple be happy together.

Dex-chan lover
What do you mean by "interfering"? She is there because Himari asked her to be. It's not her fault that Yori is insecure and have an inferiority complex towards Shiho.
Yes, I meant from Yori and the reader's point of view; I probably should have made that more clear. In the rest of my comment, I was arguing that Shiho wasn't going anywhere, in response to the continued complaints.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The author really wants to make us hate Shiho, she keeps bringing unwanted drama and tension, and worst of all, interfering with the main couple. I hope the next chapter brings a closure to all this drama so we can see the main couple be happy together.
She's not "interfering" with the main couple, here. There is unresolved tension between Shiho and Yori that neither of them will be able to move forward from without at least talking through which Himari wants to make them do. Shiho being here is to help things between Himari and Yori be ok.

Dex-chan lover
She's not "interfering" with the main couple, here. There is unresolved tension between Shiho and Yori that neither of them will be able to move forward from without at least talking through which Himari wants to make them do. Shiho being here is to help things between Himari and Yori be ok.
If author wanted things to be okay between Himari and Yori, then he/she wouldnt have made Himari such a trash GF… At this point it looks like Himari is way more interested in Shiho than her actual GF (aka she is the new Kase). Just hope Yori doesnt do like Yamada and just let Them keep being a trash GF. after both this series and Yamada/Kase I am hoping for Yori to break up with Himari, since she is clearly not that important to her

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Insecure and inferiority complex? Ah yes cause you would be totally okay if your partner spend 24 hours every Day being together and only thinking about someone else than you and when your partner finally invites you out after so long time, they also invite the person they neglected you for, without even telling you🤦🏼‍♂️

Dex-chan lover
My dude is out here reading another manga than everybody else cause i don't understand how you come to that conclusion. Cearly the manga is not for you anymore so maybe should you drop it. You act like Himari has downright cheat on Yori with Shiho when it's not the case plus Himari and Yori still had dates even when she was manager.
Here Himari bring that conversation between the two BECAUSE she remember that Yori exprimed her discomfort with her being manager so she still think about her relation.
Don't lump her with Kase who has about to throw away a chance to live together with Yamada just because her roommate was unhappy that she doesn't said she was leaving and challenge her to a race. Which was only one of multiples times Kase act without thinking of consequences.

Dex-chan lover
Insecure and inferiority complex?
It's kind of ironic considering what happened in the past, but we've never seen Shiho have any kind of thoughts regarding Yori, yet the opposite has happened several times. She has caused Yori to have insecurities both regarding her skills as a singer/performer and in her personal life with Himari.
For example, when Yori and Himari were about to kiss for the first time in the karaoke, she decided not to out of her jealousy for Shiho. When they were hanging out together during the summer festival, Shiho's sole presence ruined Yori's mood for the rest of the date (she even ended up crying in front of Himari).
She lives in Yori's head rent free. You won't find Shiho thinking or talking about her unless someone asked her opinion.

Dex-chan lover
I think it's funny that Shiho looks to be "interfering" (from Yori's point of view) with Yori and Himari's date, presumably in the next chapter too, contrary to what some readers expected, i.e. that her arc was over in the last chapter, and she would at long last (after two years) fade into the background.

That's one reason I'm more certain than ever that Shiho is not going anywhere. To be clear, ever since her crush on Aki was revealed, there was a decent chance that they would become a couple. But with Aki's speech during the festival live, and the bonfire chapter, it's clear that we're moving forward with the Shiho x Aki route. Which makes the odds of Shiho being pushed to the background really unlikely.

Shiho is the Yori to Aki's Himari, meaning Shiho and Yori are both vocalists pursuing Aki and Himari, respectively. Whispering them a love song, if you will... With that, and with their relationship having been a major driver of conflict, they might as well be the #2 ship at this point, ahead of Kaori x Mari and Hajime x Momoka (though I hope we will get to see more of those ships too).

-- Edited for clarity --
Honestly, based on their (overall) popular reception ShihoxAki has been battling for #1 couple really. But this series started with Himari and Yori, and we obviously have to touch on both pairs of couples. It'll be nice to see what we shift into now. There's a lot of potential storylines she (author) could get into and it feels like she has more in the tank. I wondered whether we might start ending things and maybe we are, but after this chapter it seems the ending is still a ways off. I'd be happy if that were really the case. I want to see more Yori/Himari and also to see Aki/Shiho truly accept their obvious romantic feelings. Plus we have some of their friends with hinted feelings and now this discussion about their futures.

Dex-chan lover
Imma be honest here. I just want it to finish at this point. It's honestly a good point with almost all problems dealed with. The manga has a good run but i feel like continue past this point is just about bringing more pointless drama than we already had. I mean, the manga driving plot is drama and there is barely anything left since most of them come from Shiho and the last one is currently being deal with.
I want to see more Yori/Himari and also to see Aki/Shiho truly accept their obvious romantic feelings.
More Yori/Himari has been down tone for a certain arc and it's a bit too late now to get it back and Aki/Shiho are too stubborn to admit their feelings in a short amount of time.

Dex-chan lover
Imma be honest here. I just want it to finish at this point. It's honestly a good point with almost all problems dealed with. The manga has a good run but i feel like continue past this point is just about bringing more pointless drama than we already had. I mean, the manga driving plot is drama and there is barely anything left since most of them come from Shiho and the last one is currently being deal with.

More Yori/Himari has been down tone for a certain arc and it's a bit too late now to get it back and Aki/Shiho are too stubborn to admit their feelings in a short amount of time.
The manga is popular and generally well regarded, so I'd contest whether the drama has been pointless for most and I think there's a lot it could still delve into. There's no reason it should end besides some people disliking it and desiring it to end because of that.

As for Yori/Himari, there's no reason for that to be "too late?" What's that feeling based on? If they discuss next chapter and we shift to a calmer pace for a bit, that would fit right in and would be fine. There's no literary reasons for why that would be too late. The manga has had both fluff and serious moments, as most stories have (and should have). It wouldn't be out of place to have softer periods again. But maybe I'm not understanding what you mean by "too late."

Lastly for Aki/Shiho: they might be a bit stubborn but I'd say most of this is understandably new. They just unpacked a lot of issues. It would be odd if they immediately became a completed couple. I always imagined that they'd progress more slowly, in contrast to Yori and Himari. But I'd like to actually see that progress happen (rather than leave it in progress) so I'm hopeful.

Dex-chan lover
There's no reason it should end besides some people disliking it and desiring it to end because of that.
Ending on a high note and not continuing for the sake of continuing. There is soft moments yeah but let's not pretend the driving plot wasn't the dramas and there is not really dramas, at least depending on what this discussion will turn but in any case, without anything driving the things forwards, you can do so much with just SoL moments. It's not a matter of people disliking it but it's a matter on not pushing the things too far.
Plus baring the thirds years shenanigans who put things on a timer. We already know most highschools manga stop with the third year, moreso when the main couple aren't even in the same year. Not saying we can't have some SoL chapters but i won't put my money on more than 1 volume.

Dex-chan lover
Ending on a high note and not continuing for the sake of continuing. There is soft moments yeah but let's not pretend the driving plot wasn't the dramas and there is not really dramas, at least depending on what this discussion will turn but in any case, without anything driving the things forwards, you can do so much with just SoL moments. It's not a matter of people disliking it but it's a matter on not pushing the things too far.
Plus baring the thirds years shenanigans who put things on a timer. We already know most highschools manga stop with the third year, moreso when the main couple aren't even in the same year. Not saying we can't have some SoL chapters but i won't put my money on more than 1 volume.
Well that I can agree with. I think one of my comments mentioned that it seems we have more to go than I thought. But I do believe (or assume) we are wrapping up. It's just I wasn't expecting another volume's worth of content and now I could see it. As for dragging things out, I trust the author at this point. The Aki/Shiho stuff was clearly part of the main story for a while, so this might be the first real starting over point; but if she has new ideas, I'm all for it. There are threads she's hinted at that if pulled could together create enough good content for more than a volume.

Dex-chan lover
If author wanted things to be okay between Himari and Yori, then he/she wouldnt have made Himari such a trash GF… At this point it looks like Himari is way more interested in Shiho than her actual GF (aka she is the new Kase). Just hope Yori doesnt do like Yamada and just let Them keep being a trash GF. after both this series and Yamada/Kase I am hoping for Yori to break up with Himari, since she is clearly not that important to her
Himari is not "way more interested in Shiho than her actual GF". That's a bizarre reading of the events of this manga. She has, in fact, worked really hard to help resolve the conflicts in her girlfriend's social circle, help to calm her girlfriend's insecurities, etc. When she's with Shiho, she thinks more of Yori than Shiho and, while she's with Yori, she thinks primarily of Yori. She has put Yori first consistently, only doing things with Laureley over Yori when she had pre-existing plans with them. Despite being Laureley's manager, she has consistently cheered for SS Girls and consistently desired the SS Girls and Yori in particular nothing but success.

You honestly sound like you share in the insecurities Yori has about her relationship despite you not being a part of the relationship and the relationship being purely fictional because what you're describing that supposedly makes Himari a "trash GF" is stuff that exists in Yori's head when she's feeling insecure and jealous which she knows isn't true and which she and Himari have worked through together.

Dex-chan lover
Well that I can agree with. I think one of my comments mentioned that it seems we have more to go than I thought. But I do believe (or assume) we are wrapping up. It's just I wasn't expecting another volume's worth of content and now I could see it. As for dragging things out, I trust the author at this point. The Aki/Shiho stuff was clearly part of the main story for a while, so this might be the first real starting over point; but if she has new ideas, I'm all for it. There are threads she's hinted at that if pulled could together create enough good content for more than a volume.
Tbf this chapter is the final chapter of the volume so obviously we will get at least 5 more chapters, which i found personally more than enough to wrapped up things nicely.

Dex-chan lover
That's the thing, you can do only so much with SoL moments and that was why the manga took a turn early on and decided to add some conflict. But talking about where to go next from here, there are a bunch of characters on the fence about college and Shiho is the only character who came out and said confidently she's abandoning everything to pursue music and Yori is one of those on the fence so there's story to be pursued there.

Dex-chan lover
All this things can be deal within next volume. There is not a lot of characters that have college shenanigans to resolve that matter so 1 volume/5 chapters is more than enough to go over it. Honestly, i don't see much stories to be dealt with here. Hell, most of them seem fixed on where they want to go for college so idk why they're on the fence. If anything, it's more the band that is the problem rather than college.

Dex-chan lover
All this things can be deal within next volume. There is not a lot of characters that have college shenanigans to resolve that matter so 1 volume/5 chapters is more than enough to go over it. Honestly, i don't see much stories to be dealt with here. Hell, most of them seem fixed on where they want to go for college so idk why they're on the fence. If anything, it's more the band that is the problem rather than college.
It wouldn't be impossible, but I highly doubt it will happen. Being one of the magazine's best-selling manga, and with an anime about to premiere, I would be really surprised if the author didn't try to continue the series for a while longer.
Also, there is no realistic way for Shiho and Aki to end up together in just 5 chapters. Sure, the author could make use of some time skip, but that wouldn't be satisfactory at all for us readers. In my opinion at least.

Dex-chan lover
It wouldn't be impossible, but I highly doubt it will happen. Being one of the magazine's best-selling manga, and with an anime about to premiere, I would be really surprised if the author didn't try to continue the series for a while longer.
Also, there is no realistic way for Shiho and Aki to end up together in just 5 chapters. Sure, the author could make use of some time skip, but that wouldn't be satisfactory at all for us readers. In my opinion at least.
I generally agree but she could leave Aki and Shiho as an obvious future couple. She doesn't have to show them get together officially if she does things to make it clear that they will eventually, and it's already pretty indisputable.

I could see her wrap in 5 but as you said, there's a lot that can be done to comfortably continue this. Some were surprised with Shiho coming into focus and that created a long and great arc (general perceptions). That arc seemed planned from near the start but even so, there's no reason she can't shift into another gear here, once again.

There are many characters she could develop further and relationships that have been hinted at but not touched on deeply. Then we have this future question about what each band wants to do and Lorelei's attempting to go pro with Himari as manager. That on its own could create a lot of content that would be much more than 5 chapters, especially depending on what Yori and Aki's roles become.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread