White Cloud Pavilion

@Aigoose Still better than no Knight Run at all.
Just know that even for these chapters alone, my gratitude is boundless...

Once again you make me (almost) cry out of the sheer epicness of this chapter!!
Thanks for your hard work, always appreciated ;)

fhq

It's a little sad how underrated and underappreciated this is. There's a lot of words and the art sometimes makes it difficult to follow, especially during character development parts of the story. However, if you follow through, you'll find something incredibly special.

Best webtoon/manga ever. Such an original. Finally found people who subs this, thank you all so much for your hard work.

This needs FAR more attention than it currently gets. First ark was INCREDIBLE!
Just started second ark only to realize there's close to 80 chapters missing.

mrf

Ah!
Welp it's not the year for me yet. its cool but i didn't get the hype... Sadly I'm still stuck on the mediacore story...

Group Leader
Its okay though. We understand the niche appeal knight run has on western audience and we do accept that fact.
The story isn't just for you and that's okay. We just want knight run to be read by more people so that those who like it will be able to discover it :)

Can someone sell me on this? Like, what's so good about it? I've been looking for a Mecha manga to read (shame there's not a lot of them)

Group Leader
@Accelerator48 This isn't a mecha series. This is an action manga with mecha. Just a fair warning that you'll be disappointed if you go in expecting otherwise (because giant robots get absolutely trashed in this series).

That said, the reason I personally started reading this was to skim for the bad-ass action scenes. The author draws beautifully choreographed fights when he tries (ex1 ex2 ex3).

Once you get into it though, I think you'll really love the characters and the tragedies they go through as well as the stupidly dense amounts of world building. The author also rarely lets up on the bleak outlook / emotional themes, making every hopeful moment in an arc / character hit all the harder. The plot is also incredibly detailed to the point where I'd almost believe the author was a historian for another universe over him being a webtoon writer.

This manga is great and all, but one thing that I don't get it is the lack of regenerative medicine in such an advanced future. It portray war injuries either as something permanent or as something that you can recover from, but at a big cost to your lifespan or power. Even with todays regenerative medicine in its infancy it was shown that it is possible to grow body tissues outside of your body and then use them to replace your damaged ones (they have done it with trachea if I am not mistaken). So, this whole limitation on the power of their medicine seems like a totally artificial restriction to have a more dramatic plot, instead of a technological impossibility.

Group Leader
Disclaimer: I haven't read the raws but I have read the english chapters way too much.
@EvgenijM86
Its perfectly normal that they don't have the complete tech. The KR universe did undergo a technological regression following the great war era as seen by their inability to produce black hole engines and the comments made by the observers in Ch. 192 where the PPP rebuild great war era techs as seen by their experimental ship. So they might have been able to preserve FTL based tech but advance regeneration technology was lost.

@Bad_Vader It still does not make sense, because it should be much more simpler tech then what they currently use. Even if growing specific organs outside of the body is hard there is still an easy (and unethical) path to just cloning the whole person and extracting their organs as needed. And you don't even need advanced cloning vats to do this - you can just use a normal female by implanting a custom made embryo with the Knight DNA in it. Proof of concept was already demonstrated in 1996 with Dolly sheep. And when you have a single high-level Knight that can save millions of lives then sacrificing a couple of clones in a comma to repair him should be a very little price to pay. Especially when you have factions that don't mind sacrificing entire planets populated with people to achieve their goals.

Group Leader
@EvgenijM86
As far as cloning goes there might be other considerations other than ethics and easy of making clones at least for knights. Like for example newly cloned organs/body parts might not have the strengthening required for their line of work and strengthening would takes years or decades to reach their original parts hence why we see cybernetic body parts which seem to be a more common practice.

Dex-chan lover
@EvgenijM86
As Vader said, Knights undergo intense body cultivation, they arent born that physically strong. It would be like implementing the heart of a human into a gorilla (Genetics aside). Even if it fits, it would be way too weak to support the organism. Same for arms and legs, it would probably break like a tweak the moment they do a high jump

Thanks for the chapters. But sadly in ends too soon. I hope someone will pick up this awesome manga.

Users who are viewing this thread