Knight Run

i read it. i did not understand nothing.
litterrally.

so complex. so hard to understand whats going on and who is who etc etc.

i read it 2 times but i really dont get it. this manwha is not for a passive reading

Group Leader
That's pretty much knight run if you just started reading it. The stories are always grand in scale but at the same time focused on its human connections.
Just a shame it doesn't have the same interest in English :(

Group Leader
@Alevec chapter 84-169 was translated by webtoon so we cant upload them here.
Link to ch 84: https://www.webtoons.com/en/sf/knight-run/ep-83-a-village-where-you-are-part-7/viewer?title_no=67&episode_no=84

Any chance any group will pick it up and start translating it again? I ended up machine translating the knight fall, and while it worked well for 80% of the story, I would love to reread it and the following Door arc from a native Korean translator.

Group Leader
@frontloader13
That's a tall order to fill. Knight Run is pretty niche outside of korea so scanlators aren't likely to pick it up and since its very wordy compared to more popular titles its gonna be pretty hard to find someone willing to do it unless its a passion work which the last team was.

So options are pretty limited to either MTL or someone learns korean and translates it. Currently doing 2nd option but it'll be months , maybe even a year before I can do any serious translation work given the nature of Knight Run.

@Bad_Vader
Thanks for your response. Yeah I can see why its difficult for someone to scan late it . I've actually found google translate to be really accurate and give meaningful translations (thank god for the visual aids otherwise it would be impossible). I'm on the beginning of the door 'main arc' and while I will admit there are times when the machine translation gives the literal translation rather than the implied translation, I would say it is about as accurate as a non native Korean speaker (80-90%).

I will add that I actually asked a Korean friend to translate a speech bubble during the knightfall arc and he said that it was too difficult for him to figure out. Also I have heard some other Koreans struggle reading his work too. Bad Vader I don't know if you are caught up with the latest episode but if you are not, and if you're not a native Korean speaker (which doesn't seem like you are) I don't think its worth the time trying to learn Korean with the hopes of being able to read it easily without any aids.

On a general note to all knight run fans who are caught up with the English translations of main ep 0,1,2 (fan translated but done well), I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend machine translating knightfall and door arcs. (These arcs alone take knight run from a great manwha to a legendary status. Personally I rate it higher than FMA/One piece.) Unlike other manga/manwhas, you will never feel like you're wasting your time translating the story. It is rewarding beyond my words. If you guys enjoyed the village arc then, every arc subsequent of heroes arc is twice as fulfilling as the village arc. No, this is not an exaggeration. I won't say more because I don't want to spoil it even if you guys will not read it in the next 5+ years. It really is no debate, Knight run is by far the best manwha/webtoon.

Anyway on an entirely different note, I am always interested in talking Knight run whether that's discussing details from the story or about convincing someone why they should pick up knight run. Due to the current covid-19 situation, I'm almost always on discord so if you ever need someone to bounce theories or wtv feel free to dm me about this. I know a few other ppl who would be interested in making an active knight run group chat but simply need more people to justify making one. Let me know if any of you are down. All of that said, my discord tag is: frontloader13#5737.

Hello all knight runners,

I come bearing great news! The main translator (adioscorea) for ToG raws has agreed to pick up Knight run and start translating s4+, as soon as he catches up. Sounds to me like 2020 just got a lot better with this news. He has made a discord server so that everyone can enjoy the fan translations when they go up. The discord server link is: https://discord.gg/9qRHsr

Was about to sleep before a big day, but then I saw the latest chapter.

Thanks for making me a happy man and have a great day 😊

Hey has anyone been updating on the Knight Run fandom? because it looks a little incomplete.

are the earlier chapters available anywhere in English ?

Edit: Forget i asked...found it in webtoon

why do english chapters keep getting deleted on this site? any site that isnt doing that?

Group Leader
@demon128
The missing chapters were never placed here in the first place. Most of vol 2 was translated by webtoons.com (the official english version) so we can't just add them here. The one's added here are those made by fans of the series (unofficial translation).
The official version is only up to the end of vol 2 and was discontinued afterwards. That's why vol 3 and 4 is here but not majority of vol 2.

Link below is ch 84:
https://www.webtoons.com/en/sf/knight-run/ep-83-a-village-where-you-are-part-7/viewer?title_no=67&episode_no=84

Dex-chan lover
Man, from reading the comments i get the idea that people doesnt have Google or something LOL

Group Leader
I remember reading the official translation on Webtoon years ago. Never finished because I just got tired of reading 1000+ words per chapter, and having no clue what people were talking about half the time, but I was a new reader of the media (manga/manhwa) at the time, so I wasn't quite ready for it I think. Now that I see it's here, I might try to pick it up again. Still thinking about it though.

@Korsai, it has a lot of world building. Even latest chapter introduces a lot of history of that world. And it's told in a way that you sometimes have to connects the dots yourself to understand it. If you have problem understanding that text (I did) you can go to Knight Run Wiki - it usually has a good summary on concepts/terms used in the manga, although there a lot of spoilers.

Users who are viewing this thread