White Cloud Pavilion

@Korsai, it has a lot of world building. Even latest chapter introduces a lot of history of that world. And it's told in a way that you sometimes have to connects the dots yourself to understand it. If you have problem understanding that text (I did) you can go to Knight Run Wiki - it usually has a good summary on concepts/terms used in the manga, although there a lot of spoilers.

Group Leader
@CuddleStruggle Thanks for the tip. I had a lot of trouble making sense of things my first time through, mostly because of those pesky enemy classifications (what were they thinking with those!?) among other things, so I'll take a look at the wiki when I go through it again I think.

Group Leader
@aqyx
Yes, Its up there in the top tier 10/10 comics in its niche. Although its not for everyone since the story can have a lot of things going on at the same time.

so im currently at chapter 7, in early chapters she was talking about retirement, are we in the past right now or still in the current future wher she wants to retire as of chapter 7?

Group Leader
@aqyx That's not a flashback. That's the present.

Most scenes where Anne is separated from Pray are in the present. Long flashbacks almost always have Anne+Pray together (and often start with some kind of black-to-white transition panel / effect).

Fed-Kun's army
I'm back after years to binge read the new volumes, and to my utter surprise, theres no 'horror' or 'tragedy' tags for this manhwa now!!
Really!! Mofo*in Knight Run doesn't have a tragedy tag!!

@BigClover
I would say there are multiple MCs, but Anne seems to be indirectly reffered to in arcs (village where you are) where shes not present too, so she's kind of a central character. Till before the Hero arc its more of a 'Anne and friends' show.

oh God. The chaps aren't showing I read any of em... guess I got to reread it from the geck go again.
if remember correctly it's well worth re re rereading lol

there's going to be a lot more epic fights when this catch's up to the raws of this arc

Dex-chan lover
I've been meaning to start this but the art is turning me off
It's not bad in any way, really, it's just not my style
Someone please convince me to try it despite this

Group Leader
@TehSDragon
Knight Run isn't visually stunning in any way. The art is a hit or miss depending on your preferences although it does have its moments.
What makes Knight Run great is its story. It has a lot of build ups that lead to very emotional pay offs.

If you really want to try and see if you like it or not I suggest you read up to chapter 39. That's where I knew that Knight Run was worth reading.

Of course there are also people who watch it for the action scenes or its plentiful ass and boobs. To each his own with that.

Man I want to read more of this but like jesus the first chapters are so badly paced, like I want to read it but it's like a fucking bog I'm wading through with Pray being literal sociopath and the story just tossing around proper nouns with little to no explanation. I saw how highly it's rated and how many chapters it has and I legit want to read it but like 10 chapters in and it's like so much fucking information being thrown at me with barely any kind of pacing control.

I may come back to it later but this is definitely a series you have to WANT to read to get started, from what others say it actually starts 40 chapters in (which fucking blows my mind since that's a lot to read before it gets good). I will definitely come back if the author remasters/rewrites the first chapters to better introduce the world, the monsters, the human.... alliance? army? idk really, didn't explain that. That way I can actually focus on the character interactions shown and how being in a constant state of war has warped society, because so far we have Anne who gets hurts too much and Pray who doesn't get hurt at all with weird flashbacks between the past and present when I barely know the characters to begin with and Anne looks the exact same so I legit thought she retired to go to school for some reason?

Like I trust in the taste of Mangadex readers at this point, it's like 300 chapters in and has an 8.5ish rating, it's gotta be good. But I basically gotta have someone feed me the story so I don't need to reread the first few chapters because the story is talking about "Type 2's" and "Named Units" like they handed out a dictionary that you were supposed to read before the class started.

If anyone has a fan remake of these first 30-40 chapters that actually explains shit in an organized fashion, please point me in the right direction.

Group Leader
TLDR Knight Run backstory:
Humanity are fighting “beasts”,think of them like the zerg of starcraft or the bugs in starship troopers. Beasts invade worlds colonized by humans then start to suck up all of the resources of the planet (this is called erosion) until it is inhabitable to humans. Most of the beasts are made through automated factories called “plants”. The higher ranked ones are given birth through an artificial womb of the queen. The strength of a beast is based on its number, the lower the number the stronger it generally is, so a type 1000 is weaker than a type 99. Above them all are the strongest called type zeroes.

Type zeroes come in all shapes but they all have the strength that can rival that of an entire fleet. They are equipped with their own noshim cores (basically a biological nuclear powerplant) which gives them an unparalleled speed and access to their own personal barriers which is nearly impenetrable by most means.

In order to fight against type zeroes “mother knight” (this is a person) made anti-barrier (AB) swords. The people who specialize in using them are called “knights”. Knight are basically the best warriors than humanity has to offer which includes those who have paranormal power or have special abilities that can be used to fight against type zeroes. Knight by themselves can’t fight against the beasts alone. The sheer number of beasts that plants can produce can quickly tire out most knights. Knight are therefore almost exclusively used to fight against high ranked beasts since a single high ranked beast can do crippling damage to most fleets. The rest of the beast are then taken care of by the rest of the forces.

Some jargon that are occasionally used:
Jamil Engine/organ – Biological ECM device
Dolls – Androids
Defensive coats – garments used by knights that serves as their armor. Sometimes called DC coat in TL
Phenomenon weapons – weapons that can break the laws of physics. (OP)
Masterpiece swords – swords made by mother knight that are well made

@Massmada265

Users who are viewing this thread