Who Is the Prey?

If it's too painful for you to wait the manhua release, just binge read the novel https://novel101.com/novels/551ac285-5943-40e0-ab9c-83ae4b6ea820 and use auto page translate with google

I think there was a movie or a drama about it, if anyone knows where to watch it in vosta for ex

I've read the novel. Honestly I hope this manhua can improve the novel content and its ending.

The ML obviously has done bad things and he should pay for that, however that doesn't mean that his whole life and his sincere feelings must be treated like shit.

At first I got hooked into this story because of the strong FL, but towards the end I utterly hate her and disgust her honestly.
As a FL-husband shipper who never wants her to romantically love another man, I still have to say that - despite the ML is a bad guy, the FL just doesn't deserve his love! She lost all my respect and she failed it as a human being, seriously.

I regret getting to know this novel and having invested my time into reading it.

Hello splotchy!

thank you so muchhh for translating who is the prey! I'm so so impressed with how you did all of this with amazing and clean quality!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

I have a question though, will you continue translating them ch 37 and above? The other scanlator group has been so slow in updating and we have no idea when is the next chapters T_T although the raws are so aheaadd now :(((

I really wish you continue translating it for us :( I literally made a new account just to write to you!

@Harriet_ "...has done bad things and he should pay for that, however that doesn't mean that his whole life and his sincere feelings must be treated like shit."
Wtf??? HE LET HER GET GANG RAPED WHILE SHE WAS BEGGING FOR DEATH AND REPLAYED THE VIDEO TO FEAST ON HER DESPAIR!

I swear you she-simps disgust me to the core🤢 All it takes is a handsome face and suddenly a psychopath becomes a tragic figure. You wouldn't say this shit if he was ugly or some middle aged man. Man I can see why so many serial killers get love letters in real life and it's scary to see what power a handsome face has.

Just recently I saw a Richard Ramirez Tribute video, a serial killer who raped a 9 year old child. The girls were fan-girling in the comments because of his looks and even pitied him for his past. This world is so rotten...

@Harriet_ Doesn't matter you pictured him in your head, that's what people do when they read novels. Or weren't his looks described in the novel? Either way you came HERE and commented the MANHUA where you could SEE how he looks. And despite everything he did you have the nerve to write dumb shit like:
"doesn't mean his sincere feelings must be treated like shit"

Really? So when someone you wanted to help let's his people RAPE you to the point where you want to die, films it, orders them to kill you, appears later in your life to torment you, blackmails you and cuts off the finger of your boyfriend...you'd think that his sINCEaRe fEeLiNgS don't deserve to be treated like shit??? Wtf girl!

@FEARMONGER lol first, if you heaven't got the full picture ie. read the full story, your argument means shit to me. Second, if you've read the whole thing and still think this way, you are no better than him.

I feel disgusted by both the MCs (the only likable character here is the husband), and even though I hate them I still have the objectivity when judging them, meaning bad traits should be punished and good traits should be treasured. A bad person doesn't mean everything he does is bad. Similarly, the FL is supposed to be a good person but she (will) committ the thing I despite the most.

If you don't have the ability to see things with more of a clear mind, I don't give a fk about your opinion. Won't waste anymore of my time with you lol

god chinese manhuas have the best fucking plots. full of twists and turns that make me bite my nails and wait in anticipation.

@Harriet_ "if you've read the whole thing and still think this way, you are no better than him."
That's some dumb 12 year olds logic. He did what he did, that's a FACT, so he deserves everything he gets, no matter how much you pitied his handesome ass at the end.

"bad traits should be punished and good traits should be treasured"
So if someone saves you 7 times and rapes you 3 times, he'd still deserve some degree of respect and consideration for his sInCeArE fEeLiNgS since not EVERYTHING about him was bad. Got it🤪👍

"FL is supposed to be a good person"
And punishing evil means you stop being one?

"If you don't have the ability to see things with more of a clear mind"
True i'm lacking the "delusional teen girl with bad boy fantasies" mindset, i need to rewatch Suicide Squad and 50 Shades Of Grey and read more yaoi fanfics while listening to BTS to clear my mind, thanks for the insight sensei😌🙏

This is a type of mahua that i cant bring myself to read, even if its good. I couldnt go past prologe and half of the 1st chap. Even tho i can watch hardcore gore irl. If i were the husband, you could bet all your savings on me that this guy is gonna have a hole in his head pretty soon.

@Harriet_ I agree with @FEARMONGER . I have also read the novel and I'm satisfied with how Fu Shen Xing ends. He is a psychopath. She may not deserve his true love, but she also doesn't deserve his cruelties.
I like how FL and her husband stay true to their one true love and Mr Fu has the ending that he deserves. It is called karma.
I love how thorough she destroyed him in the end

Right. I hate and love how, as weird as it sounds, it resembles reality. Down right to that
slightly dissastifying ending that fellow readers here have told in the spoiler
. I love how the illustrator manage to capture all the despair, helplessness, hidden thoughts of suicide, mindfuckingly imbalance in power, and the slow descent to madness that the MC has. The part where 'nobody will believe you' and 'he left no evidence' hits a little too close to home, so i got very invested in this. But i might stop when we reach the point of having the MC doing
repeated abortion. The despair, it's too much for me

First, i like to think that we view the situation from the MC's pov. The 'omniscient' surveillance of the antagonist feel so strong. Maybe that's what truly happened in the webtoon's reality, or maybe that's a depiction how a survivor of manipulation see their situation after countless of mind games. Either way, it's a little taste of the after-effects of manipulation. And that imbalance of power forced her to take decisions and approaches a line that she wouldn't cross normally, and it's so heartbreakingly painful seeing that a little part of her die each time. Love how it painfully, suffocatingly, realistic.

Secondly, my hate for the villain is as infinite as water droplets in the ocean. I would sign 1009 petitions to nail him on a cross and slowly dismember his organs, one piece at a time, and left him to bleed until dry. That means, the author and illustrator have done an effing good job at crafing a villain and making me hate him with passion. I don't care about his pitiful back story. I only care that he had ordered a gangrape on a woman, record it, blackmail her with her
family, career, and lover's life, killed the baby in her womb , manipulate, repeatedly rape the MC. S
he doesn't deserve this painful thing.

Thirdly, sorry @Harriet_ , gotta agree with @FEARMONGER on this one. He might have suffered some 'bad patches', but his actions are unforgivable. But, as much as i hate this, stockholm syndrome is a real thing.

@ Those who @ me above
I tried not to discuss too much because of the spoilers.
In her situation she could have made decision differently that could have saved her husband and protected her family better. At some point I think her decision was rather selfish, she put her comfort and her revenge above their safety. From this point onwards her behaviours became repetitive and the story went into the old path that other hundreds of similar Chinese novels have went into.

Thing doesn't need to end as this tragedy if she has acted differently. A small example, at some point he was more than ready to give up his past and bad nature for her sake, and instead of taking advantage of that she continuously provoked the devil side in him, time after time she turned him from bad to worse.

I'm often drawn to stories where female characters act smartly in challenging situations (that's exactly why I enjoyed this manhua at first). Too bad she (or the author) couldn't keep up with this trait till the end. Or maybe she got destroyed too badly that she fell so low.

To you all, you gotta keep your opinions because.. that's yours anyway lol , I have never cared to persuade any of you to think like me.
Also I'm not gonna change mine since I definitely think she could have done better in the given situations.
If you think what she has done is the best way to solve things, I have no interest in discuss it any further 🙄 This character disappointed me enough.

What happeneds at the end? Can someone spoil me cause I'm hearing all different types of things.

- Did the MC and Antagonist commit suicide together (killed each other)?

- Did the antagonist die and the MC goes back to her husband?

- Does she die? And the antagonist won?

Someone! Anyone! PLZ! Tell me the tea! (Im still gonna read this all the way through, but I'm very curious as to what will eventually happen to them)

Users who are viewing this thread