Why is MangaPlus allowed to publish chapters here.

The problem isn't the fact that they're posting it, the problem comes from the fact that I have to click on the link to their site and accept their cookies. Even when you get there when you move the mouse the red bars on the top and bottom of the screens take up space when doing so. Why allow them?

Double-page supporter
Why not? You don't like/use them doesn't mean everyone is same. Block MangaPlus and never see them again.

MangaPlus is not publishing chapters on this site.
The (Mangadex) moderators post the links to the mangaplus chapters where they can, to support the official translations where possible.

Dex-chan lover
Or, alternatively, you could read the official chapters on VIZ as well, since I'm pretty sure all the MangaPlus chapters are just VIZ chapters that you can read on their site. I've been reading Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai through VIZ and haven't had any issues with cookies or red bars. Also, MangaPlus is not publishing their chapters here. Someone is kindly sharing the releases from their site so others can have everything they follow in one place and don't have to hunt them down.

Fed-Kun's army
The only problem I have is their reader on PC really sucks for people using keyboards to navigate like me, but I rarely read their manga so, well.

Literally, they would ask for your permission for cookies on many websites nowadays, and it will be more problematic if they don't. Also, you can dismiss the red bar by simply clicking on the images.

Fed-Kun's army
> MangaPlus is an official source
Like others have said, they're not a fan-run group. MangaPlus is owned by Shueisha, publisher of just about every Jump magazine you've heard of. @Indigo and @ZaxaPac are correct in stating that MD wants to link official (external) sources when possible and to make discovery of these sources easier by acting as a one-stop shop for release notifications.

> Cookie notices and acceptance
I'd wager a majority of corporate-owned websites use cookies in some manner. Not something you can easily get away from. At least you're notified these days -- it was much scarier way back when.

> The reader
Dunno if Shueisha takes recommendations for UI/UX improvements, but if there's a better way for them to present content and functionality, I'm sure they're all ears. Or, try the workarounds/alternatives suggested by others here.

Users who are viewing this thread