Wicked Trapper: Hunter of Heroes - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
I'm not against NTR, I know how to enjoy laughing about someone's misfortune. But this 'neither here nor there' makes me angry. MC was almost cucked twice, but if the first time it was countered by planning, this time it's just pure plot armor. I don't want to read it anymore. Especially if the author will force the MC and the rapist to join forces.

Group Leader
@vodkavodka
YEAH, THAT!
Your comment sums up my issue with this perfectly.

I thought we were getting a genius mastermind of a MC, but instead we get an idiot relying on plot armor way too much.

This story could have been a genius "base building" Isekai, but instead we are getting a shitty NTR rape fantasy.
I'll keep this in "Read later" mode, and check back in a year maybe. That way, I can see if the story get re-focused in a good way, or keeps getting worse.

I tried to give this series another chance after dropping it last chapter. I sorely regret that decision.
I normally like edgy series, especially ones that do goofy shit like this. Moreover, I acknowledge making a hentai in everything but name or blatantly shoving fetishes into your work is a valid strategy to give your series an impactful image, or just garner shock value. It's silly, but there are reasons for it, and it can be done very well.

In this case, it's all style and no substance. I don't care about the characters, the scenery is impossibly dull, the pacing is nonexistent, what little plot we've gotten is pretty superficial, and the tone wants to keep getting darker and darker without giving enough of a break to actually recover before the next despair-fest. This series has a great premise and is oozing with style, but that's all it has, and the author is too preoccupied with rushing from one set-piece to the next that they lose sight of whether it actually functions as a coherent story.

There's also the issue of how the trap-based character keeps confronting their enemies face-to-face instead of, y'know, barraging them with traps from afar, something we already know he can do, but I think @aFFi and @Akikako have pretty much summed up everything wrong with the MC more succinctly than I ever could.

The dude was weak and on the verge of death. Why didn't the MC off him? Don't just assume he's dead make sure. Double-tap is your friend.

Dex-chan lover
So if he had killed the four-horned he woulda died to the hero party. Since we know how much he struggled against just one hero, there's no way for him to win vs a fullblown party like that (member they also have a smart dude too?). So the author added this bastard to balance things out. Hope to god he dies fighting tho.

what a trash series, has so much potential but wastes it with a braindead mc who cant decide whether he's a op smart trap master
or some smooth brain who confronts people face to face. what a fucking shame

Fed-Kun's army
Kinda close on dropping this manga.. The mc is incredibly weak by this worlds standards, and we haven't been shown any info about there being any potential for him being able growing/leveling up, or getting new skills.. Even the skills he has are kinda lame, and constricking since he has to be close to the demon princess..

Contributor
@Joonhas Wow, so you only can enjoy isekaishit if it has overpowered MC from start and game like leveling system.
It's fault of people like you we gets shitloads of garbage.

Supporter
Interesting, I thought the demons were all good. They aren’t, so humans being afraid isn’t irrational and evil but the way they go about killing indiscriminately even betraying someone who wanted good relations. Not so black and white as I first thought.

That said this series is more comedy than anything serious lol.

So uber Trap master edge lord doesnt even do a double tap? Deserves all the NTR he about to get. Once 4 horn finishes off the heroes he will be getting all the NTR he deserves, sadly wont see it as dropping this as had such an interesting start yet author skips the mc from genius to moron in one panel to the next, never levels up and they still in the same crap one path dungeon that they havent even thought about reinforcing or enlarging.

This is so bad that it is hilarious.

But, this orc maths makes no sense, lets say he lost 90% of his magic particles. He then eats an orc who isn't 1/20 of his power, and suddently he is back at fully erected.
Sure author, what the fucking ever.

i didnt expect this weird ntr bullshit when picking this up but i guess im already in the ride too deep to get out now

Dex-chan lover
Hate me as much as you want but now the orc guy is my favorite character.

Users who are viewing this thread