Wild Police Story

Dex-chan lover
im happy that arai takahiro can finally draw action scene but can shounen sunday PLEASE let him do original works again i miss his usual art style

It is so sad knowing Rei's friends were all dead... He actually have one of the loneliest story in Detective Conan... He's been through a lot since he was a kid. Made friends but lost them then he acts like everything is alright... T_T He's one of my favorite character

Dex-chan lover
Okay, need some reminders here. Amuro is Amuro, Matsuda is Miwako's former boyfriend that died in the explosion...and I have no idea who the others are.

I'm no rereading the 1000 chapters of Conan again.

Banned
Think that dildo author will get finish any of his series before he kicks in the bucket? Case closed stopped being fun about 15 years ago.

Dex-chan lover
@SHTJ Kenji was matsuda's friend in the Police HQ Mobile Team Explosive Disposal Unit and Hiromitsu is
Scotch and Taka'aki Morofushis little brother.
Everybody in this story is dead except Amuro.

@25mg12 What do you mean detective conan stopped being about 15 years ago? It has just gotten better. Sensei needs some rest so he doesn't over work himself.

Banned
@Koal
It ain't if you're anything but crime puzzle fetishist (and let's be real, most of them from the latter - beyond 500th chapter - parts turn out be rather mediocre as far as common sense or suspense of disbelief is concerned), but that's not real problem here - plenty of objectively bad, more successful stuff targeting specific segments of population out there already.

Its most offensive vice is that it's a waste of time - not in a good way - and that it is NOT a story, because the actual plot could be condensed to maybe 100 chapters or something like that. The initial premise isn't particularly interesting or original, neither the additional concept expansions that followed ; while those points may sound pretty subjective, you cannot deny that the characters are quite static and pathologically underdeveloped given how long this shit's been serialized.

It's One Piece for different demographics.

@25mg12
Everyone is entitled for their own opinion, but I like Detective Conan as it is. The filler chapters are fun of their own, and could be enjoyed independently. The big arc story is also treated importantly enough across the chapters. Of course, not every case would be like the Bell Tree Express case (which is one of the best in the canon). And yes, there are a lot of things which don't make sense, but the entertainment value is still there. Detective Conan has a good mix of humor, thrill/suspense, and drama, and takes time to develop it's story & characters. And those are what I'm looking for in a manga. Anyone who ever loves long lasting mangas/series like One Piece, Doraemon, or even Glass Mask will understand.

PS: Our discussion should be on the original manga section instead of here, but I think other readers will understand 😁🤞

Users who are viewing this thread