Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru.: Monologue

meh the ending was ok for me since theres new series coming out(eventually)

@jahoonwahoon
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bAN7tYyB4AA1Go19fBGHHPfnzQziGMnE

Dex-chan lover
I've been on the Yui ship since the start and knowing that she never had a chance in the first place and will never have it in the future makes me sad

@Robinisback can you show me where?

Is this done? I wanna know so I can bingeread but I can't tell, the anime is finished (to my knowledge) the manga is ongoing. Is this just not caught up?

Fed-Kun's army
Did all of the characters sundely gained weight? Anyway this is the usual high school drama template,and tho the demo says "seinen", which according to wiki is male from 18 to 45, is that really true? In imo this don't seam like the kinda manga where the majority of the readers are males older than 20 maybe I'm wrong tho?

Edit: also this is the kind o crappy high school manga where no "romance" happens but it has a romance tag

Power Uploader
Imo, I prefer better the manga than the anime. At least comparing to S3

Dex-chan lover
Very good premise, its a great joy to see stories like these where outcasts gradually discover themselves and form relations with others while still keeping true to their cynical nature. Its a joy that encourages one to be who they are rather than a mold that society wants them to be.

Hikigaya is great as a main character, a boy who scorns youth as a lie, seeing only himself as knowing the "truth." Despite opening up throughout the story he still remains true to his character. He becomes helpful to those around him while still using dubious methods to get that he wants. While becoming friendly with the more popular schoolkids, he still holds himself an arms length back to maintain his identity.

Yukinoshita is less defined but still a good character. She too is an outcast, seeing negativity in those around her. This attitude draws Hikigaya and her closer together, finding solace in each other's pessimism. Over time she gradually escapes this pessimism, confronting her fears in life. She and Hikigaya work really well as friends.

Yuigahama ruins the series. She is a different character than the two above, being much more optimistic about youth and having a multitude of friends. But early on (chapter 2 even,) its made clear she likes Hikigaya. From here on she becomes his junior partner. Any time she talks about her good times at the club, which is a lot, its entirely possible she's talking about Hikigaya. It would be nice if her story was developed more, but sadly it isn't. She is reduced to a hook that keeps unsuspecting readers like me reading while the plot gradually deteriorates. Its increasingly made clear she has competition, so the story becomes a harem contest, which given the lack of depth placed on the romance is sure to end badly.

Which the plot is not bad. It begins episodic but goes into longer arcs, sometimes lasting dozens of chapters. They're fun at first but devolve into petty drama, with little in the way of consequences. Whenever the story gets stale Yuigahama is always there to tease her liking of Hikigaya.

The artwork changes a lot, becoming more refined as time goes on.

A good story that is let down by needless romance. 6/10.

Users who are viewing this thread